Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Over under Minshew throws 30

Over/Under for Minshew throwing 30 TDs ? I’m taking the over. I heard a guy at work talking to a Steeler fan and my guy said Minshew should throw 40 TDs this year. I don’t think 40 but I would take the over on 30.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 10:29 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-15-2020, 08:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Over/Under for Minshew throwing 30 TDs ? I’m taking the over. I heard a guy at work talking to a Steeler fan and my guy said Minshew should throw 40 TDs this year. I don’t think 40 but I would take the over on 30.

Screw it, I am gonna say over.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

34, that's my number.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Over. 2 a game makes 32.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I'd love to see him get 36, just to strike BOAT from the top of the franchise list. Here's another note showing the sad state of play for our franchise in regards to QB play: If Gardner throws 31 TDs this year, he will have 52 TDs in 30 career games, entrenching himself at #4 all time in franchise history, supplanting Byron Leftwich, who threw 51 in 46 games. He's already won 7 games as the starting QB. That's number four in franchise history, over Chad Henne (31) and Blaine Gabbert (28) who each won FIVE. He has the highest QB rating at 94.3, by a wide margin over David Garrard at 85.8 (not counting guys throwing one or two passes).

In a small sampling size (one full season), Gardner is by and large the best QB we've ever had. It's truly sad. Hopefully we've finally found a diamond.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Minshew will throw 31 TDS in the 2020 season

Over

Over 36
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I mean, he was on track for 28tds his rookie year if he played all 16 games. I don't see why 30 isn't attainable.

For the record, he's on pace for 48tds and 0 INTs this year lol

My guess 34 TD

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 08:14 PM by mal234.)

I'm not sure how many TDs he ends up throwing this season but I read somewhere that Gardner is currently tied for.the most TD passes on the season so far. (6) Someone on Twitter said he's tied with Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Josh Allen for this.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...6798219270

Russell Wilson could become the #1 leader tonight if he throws three TD passes against the Patriots.

ETA: Found a posting.confirming Gardner tied for most TD passes so far.

I said earlier I just want him to throw 36 to wash the stain of Bortles out of the record books.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-15-2020, 08:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Over/Under for Minshew throwing 30 TDs ? I’m taking the over. I heard a guy at work talking to a Steeler fan and my guy said Minshew should throw 40 TDs this year. I don’t think 40 but I would take the over on 30.

My wife’s boyfriend said he throws over 40 or my second child isn’t his... I believe him!

(09-20-2020, 08:10 PM)NCJag Wrote: I said earlier I just want him to throw 36 to wash the stain of Bortles out of the record books.

I think Bortles threw 38.

(09-20-2020, 11:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 08:10 PM)NCJag Wrote: I said earlier I just want him to throw 36 to wash the stain of Bortles out of the record books.

I think Bortles threw 38.

in the time it took to post this, you could have just googled and realized you were wrong. Tongue

Over. I'm going 33 TD's and 14 Int's. Pretty good, considering how young he is and what he's working with.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 11:11 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(09-16-2020, 10:06 AM)NCJag Wrote: I'd love to see him get 36, just to strike BOAT from the top of the franchise list.  Here's another note showing the sad state of play for our franchise in regards to QB play: If Gardner throws 31 TDs this  year, he will have 52 TDs in 30 career games, entrenching himself at #4 all time in franchise history, supplanting Byron Leftwich, who threw 51 in 46 games.  He's already won 7 games as the starting QB. That's number four in franchise history, over Chad Henne (31) and Blaine Gabbert (28) who each won FIVE. He has the highest QB rating at 94.3, by a wide margin over David Garrard at 85.8 (not counting guys throwing one or two passes).

In a small sampling size (one full season), Gardner is by and large the best QB we've ever had.  It's truly sad.  Hopefully we've finally found a diamond.
It's always amusing to hear fans moan about the historically horrific QB play of their team. We are still a young franchise.  How many 'great' QB's do you remember from even the historically best franchises who have had multiple Super Bowl wins?

Pittsburgh:
1. Terry Bradshaw (debatable)
2. Big Ben (legit)
3. Neil O Donnell (got them to a SB, but that's it)
4. No one else

San Fran:
1.  Montana
2. Steve Young

Seattle:
1. Russell Wilson
2. Matt Hasselbeck (one SB)
3. Jim Zorn

Patriots:
1. Brady
2. Tony Eason (1 SB)
3. Bledsoe (1 SB)
4.  Steve Grogan (bahaha)

Dolphins:
1.  Griese
2. Marino

Bills:
1. Kelly 
2. that's it

Titans/Oilers
1. McNair
2.  Warren Moon (great QB, came close)
3.  Dan Pastorini 

Green Bay
1. Bart Starr
2. Brett Farve
3. Aaron Rodgers

Washington
1. Mark Rypien (??? baha)
2. Doug Williams (legit)
3.  Billy Kilmer

Cowboys:
1. Roger Staubach
2. Aikman
3. Romo

Browns:
1. Kosar
2. ????

I could go on, but the point is that we are less that half as old as some of the youngest of these teams, and in some cases, not even 1/4 old.  for every great QB that a franchise has had, there have been a bunch of craptastic QB's sandwiched around them. We've had 1 above average QB in our franchise history so far, IMO, and we got him early on, but many of these franchises didnt get thier 1st 'franchise QB' until 25 to 30 yrs in.  I hope Minshew is the one that takes us to the SB, but as far as putting up with average QB play, i dont think we are much different that 80% of the other teams.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

38 TDs, 11 INTs.

I think we have a good group of receivers, a decent RB, and Gruden’s offense looks to be tailored for Minshew.

(09-21-2020, 11:17 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: 38 TDs, 11 INTs.

I think we have a good group of receivers, a decent RB, and Gruden’s offense looks to be tailored for Minshew.

Minshew is bound to make some mistakes here and there as we undoubtedly play catch up, thanks to our terrible secondary, but that's fine. I already see more promise in him than I saw in any of our last 14 starting QB's combined. (We've had some real stinkers.) I think Mishew will continue to grow in Gruden's system and improve even more.

(09-21-2020, 11:03 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 10:06 AM)NCJag Wrote: I'd love to see him get 36, just to strike BOAT from the top of the franchise list.  Here's another note showing the sad state of play for our franchise in regards to QB play: If Gardner throws 31 TDs this  year, he will have 52 TDs in 30 career games, entrenching himself at #4 all time in franchise history, supplanting Byron Leftwich, who threw 51 in 46 games.  He's already won 7 games as the starting QB. That's number four in franchise history, over Chad Henne (31) and Blaine Gabbert (28) who each won FIVE. He has the highest QB rating at 94.3, by a wide margin over David Garrard at 85.8 (not counting guys throwing one or two passes).

In a small sampling size (one full season), Gardner is by and large the best QB we've ever had.  It's truly sad.  Hopefully we've finally found a diamond.
It's always amusing to hear fans moan about the historically horrific QB play of their team.  We are still a young franchise.  How many 'great' QB's do you remember from even the historically best franchises who have had multiple Super Bowl wins?

Pittsburgh:
1. Terry Bradshaw (debatable)
2. Big Ben (legit)
3. Neil O Donnell (got them to a SB, but that's it)
4. No one else

San Fran:
1.  Montana
2. Steve Young

Seattle:
1. Russell Wilson
2. Matt Hasselbeck (one SB)
3. Jim Zorn

Patriots:
1. Brady
2. Tony Eason (1 SB)
3. Bledsoe (1 SB)
4.  Steve Grogan (bahaha)

Dolphins:
1.  Griese
2. Marino

Bills:
1. Kelly 
2. that's it

Titans/Oilers
1. McNair
2.  Warren Moon (great QB, came close)
3.  Dan Pastorini 

Green Bay
1. Bart Starr
2. Brett Farve
3. Aaron Rodgers

Washington
1. Mark Rypien (??? baha)
2. Doug Williams (legit)
3.  Billy Kilmer

Cowboys:
1. Roger Staubach
2. Aikman
3. Romo

Browns:
1. Kosar
2. ????

I could go on, but the point is that we are less that half as old as some of the youngest of these teams, and in some cases, not even 1/4 old.  for every great QB that a franchise has had, there have been a bunch of craptastic QB's sandwiched around them.  We've had 1 above average QB in our franchise history so far, IMO, and we got him early on, but many of these franchises didnt get thier 1st 'franchise QB' until 25 to 30 yrs in.  I hope Minshew is the one that takes us to the SB, but as far as putting up with average QB play, i dont think we are much different that 80% of the other teams.

It's not the "multiple Super Bowl winning QBs". ONE team every year wins the Super Bowl. ONE. So that means there are 31 losers. I'm talking about flat out COMPETENT NFL QB play. You list the Steelers. Big Ben/Bradshaw have QB'd the team for a combined 26 SEASONS. Neil O'Donnell helmed them for five, went to the Pro Bowl once and took them to the Super Bowl once. That's pretty darn good. Even Kordell Stewart got a Pro Bowl invite in 2001. 

San Fran:  They pulled Jeff Garcia out of the CFL and he helmed 2 play off teams and went to 3 Pro Bowls.  John Brodie and Y.A. Tittle also spent some quality years in San Fran.

Washington:  Did you completely FORGET Joe Theismann?  And Doug Williams is Legit? How? He completed 49% of his passes in his career, has about a 1:1 TD/INT ratio, and short of a PHENOMENAL Super Bowl he was mediocre in every way possible.

The Browns also had a pretty good run from Brian Sipe in the 70s to the tune of 2 All Pro seasons and an MVP season.

Those are historical franchises: just looking at teams closer in age to the Jags:

Panthers:  Steve Beurelein: Pro Bowl in 99 (led league in passing yards in 99/completion % in 98)
                Jake Delhomme: Pro Bowl in 05 (Took Panthers to SB in 2003)
                Cam Newton: 1x All Pro, 3x Pro Bowl, 1x MVP (Took Panthers to SB in 2015).
 This team is the same age as us and has 3 legit Pro Bowl QBs and been to the Super Bowl TWICE in the same time we've wallowed in mediocrity.  (4 Pro Bowl QBs if you count Kerry Collins, who took the took to the AFC title game in their 2nd season).

Houston Texans: Matt Schaub (2x Pro Bowl, Led League in passing in 09 took team to playoffs twice)
                         Deshaun Watson (in league 3 years, 2x Pro Bowl, 2x division winner)
Baltimore Ravens: Joe Flacco: Super Bowl Champ/Super Bowl MVP
                           Lamar Jackson: All Pro/League MVP

These are just teams the same age as Jacksonville.  And what do WE have??

Mark Brunell: 3x Pro Bowl
David Garrard: 1x Pro Bowl

And that....is....IT.  The rest of the franchise is littered with first round misses (Leftwich, Gabbert, Bortles), FA misses (Foles), and flat out rejects (Kessler, Henne). So yeah, this franchise has a SAD STATE of affairs when it comes to QB play. We've had ONE continual winner in Brunell (63-54 record), and 3 other QBs who've sniffed the playoffs (Leftwich, Garrard, and Bortles). Only 2 QBs have won playoff games this CENTURY (Garrard/Bortles).