Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack: Reborn at WLB?

I remember after the first series on Sunday's game vs the colts, my twitter feed and the gameday thread here blipped with a half dozen haters attempting to troll those who were optimistic of Jack's move to Will.

After that first drive, Jack proceeded to play one heckuva game. I counted three impact plays and a number of quality tackles after that first series that caught the entire defense flat-footed. 

It's early yet to know  that he's indeed turned a corner after being relieved of pre-snap alignment duties, but everything is pointing in that direction thus far.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I definitely noticed him, and even sent a few text messages about him. He looks much better in that role, they even commented during the game that he can just use his instincts and play which is where he excels. He had like 8 solo tackles and 3 QB hits.

I'm really interested to see what happens Sunday against Henry with him out there and Schobert at MLB.

I do love how EVERY PLAY Jack puts his hands in the air and looks at the refs like "I didn't do anything wrong I swear!" Poor guy has gotten some of the most ridiculous penalty calls he's so paranoid lol

Shocker: The guy that could of been a top 10 pick if it wasn't for injury is good at his natural position. He was good at SAM when he played there as well. Jack is good at either OLB position but WILL is his spot. Your Twitter might of said that but a number of guys on here said they should of made the move last year to his position, it just took Wash another year to see it kind of like when Wash had Taven playing DE

(09-16-2020, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I remember after the first series on Sunday's game vs the colts, my twitter feed and the gameday thread here blipped with a half dozen haters attempting to troll those who were optimistic of Jack's move to Will.

After that first drive, Jack proceeded to play one heckuva game. I counted three impact plays and a number of quality tackles after that first series that caught the entire defense flat-footed. 

It's early yet to know  that he's indeed turned a corner after being relieved of pre-snap alignment duties, but everything is pointing in that direction thus far.

Too bad you don't have any power on twitter to warn people that make you cry.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-16-2020, 11:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I remember after the first series on Sunday's game vs the colts, my twitter feed and the gameday thread here blipped with a half dozen haters attempting to troll those who were optimistic of Jack's move to Will.

Too bad you don't have any power on twitter to warn people that make you cry.

Twitter has its own rules and standards as well as settings that include blocking and muting.

My role here is merely to help things run smoothly within our own set of rules. 

If you break them you'll receive appropriate warnings. It's nothing to cry about for me, but you certainly seem to be upset about it.  Probably best for you to get over it and get on to posting about something relevant to the thread. 

This thread is about Myles Jack, btw.  

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...18178?s=20

(09-16-2020, 11:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 11:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Too bad you don't have any power on twitter to warn people that make you cry.

Twitter has its own rules and standards as well as settings that include blocking and muting.

If you break them you'll receive appropriate warnings. It's nothing to cry about for me, but you certainly seem to be upset about it.  Probably best for you to get over it and get on to posting about something relevant to the thread. 

Hahahahahaha sure, keep telling yourself that.
It's weird no one warns me but you.
Keep using your MB superpowers to do what you want, it says a lot about you.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-16-2020, 11:14 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 11:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Twitter has its own rules and standards as well as settings that include blocking and muting.

Hahahahahaha sure, keep telling yourself that.
It's weird no one warns me but you.
Keep using your MB superpowers to do what you want, it says a lot about you.

Bro, it's a message board. Calm down. You constantly derail [BLEEP]. I'm not surprised you get warnings.

Anyway, Myles Jack is good and I'm glad they moved him to WLB

Star 

I don't think he turned a corner, I just think he was always better at that spot. He had a pretty good year in 2017.

(09-16-2020, 10:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: they should of made the move last year to his position, it just took Wash another year to see it kind of like when Wash had Taven playing DE

I think those are on Caldwell to ensure we have a replacement at MLB when Poz left as well as playing Taven (1st round potential bust) somewhere where he won't be exposed as he was at the DE position.

Given Jack's speed and the fact that he even played some RB in college seems like OLB or WILL would have been a logical fit from day 1

(09-16-2020, 12:09 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:

I don't think he turned a corner, I just think he was always better at that spot. He had a pretty good year in 2017.

Goop point. He was more out of position than in need of improving play. 

I'd wager he may have still improved his play in addition to benefiting from the switch. 

To be clear on your 2017 reference:  He did not play a single down of will linebacker for this team in 2017.
He played MLB on nickel sets and he played strong side LB on base downs with Poz in the middle. 

The freedom he has now compared to 2017 is significant, and compared to 2019 it's major.

(09-16-2020, 12:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 12:09 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: I don't think he turned a corner, I just think he was always better at that spot. He had a pretty good year in 2017.

I'd wager he may have still improved his play in addition to benefiting from the switch. 

To be clear on your 2017 reference:  He did not play a single down of will linebacker for this team in 2017.
He played MLB on nickel sets and he played strong side LB on base downs with Poz in the middle. 

The freedom he has now compared to 2017 is significant, and compared to 2019 it's major.

I think he means playing OLB in general (regardless of weakside or strongside) and not having the responsibility of calling the defense and communication on his shoulders.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-16-2020, 12:09 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: I don't think he turned a corner, I just think he was always better at that spot. He had a pretty good year in 2017.

I agree with this. I think having Poz to lean on in 2017 covered a lot for him. He's definitely a natural OLB and I think a combo of he's just much better in that position in general and I do think he stepped up his play a bit in general.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 01:28 PM by mikesez.)

I'm a little confused with that nomenclature.  If you're in Nickel, there are two linebackers, and neither of them is in the middle.  Like in a two-seat car, there's no middle seat, right?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-16-2020, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 12:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Goop point. He was more out of position than in need of improving play. 

I'm a little confused with that nomenclature.  If you're in Nickel, there are two linebackers, and neither of them is in the middle.  Like in a two-seat car, there's no middle seat, right?

In a Nickel, you generally remove the SLB and keep the MLB and WLB. So we used to take the MLB (Poz) and swap him with Jack, and keep the WLB (Telvin). So Jack would play SLB and base downs and then take over MLB when we took Poz off the field.

(09-16-2020, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 12:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Goop point. He was more out of position than in need of improving play. 

Right , but there is still technically a "middle seat."

The guy with the earpiece in his helmet.  

There may be two equidistant LBs in nickel sets (depending on offensive alignment) but one of them is always unequivicolly the "MIKE" backer.

(09-16-2020, 01:09 PM)Firesky Wrote:

I think he means playing OLB in general (regardless of weakside or strongside) and not having the responsibility of calling the defense and communication on his shoulders.

I get that. 
I'm just being hyper specific about two things.
  • the nuanced difference between SAM and WILL as it pertains to Jack's skill set and...
  • the fact he played MLB in 2017 (which was referenced) on passing downs

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 10:33 AM by Upper.)

The biggest problem this whole time for me is how quickly he appears to give up once he gets engaged on a block. He was a key man in position for both of Hines' TDs and Taylor's 30 yard almost TD catch and he got washed out with little resistance.

He will make splash plays when he can just run and hit like he did on that shallow crosser or his pass rushes.