Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Titans Game

(09-20-2020, 06:08 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I still don't know if Minshew is the franchise QB we need.

I DO know he is a vast upgrade over what we've had at the position in quite some time.

Realistically, what else are you needing to see?

Fewer wobbly passes...getting rid of the ball more quickly/taking fewer sacks...a Super bowl trophy or 7.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2020, 06:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:08 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Realistically, what else are you needing to see?

No "mistakes", lol.  Rolleyes

I mean is that it?  I swear the man has to be perfect to be taken seriously. 

Watching this Houston Baltimore game and is honestly say both teams lack the qb play we’ve had the past two weeks.

To note that 1st Int was not intended to Colin. Two receivers in the area it was on point to the TE but Johnson jumped and tipped to the Defense.

Not sure if someone ran the wrong route on that one or not.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 06:37 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-20-2020, 06:11 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Takeaways:

1. Stop questioning if we have a franchise guy.

2. We have no secondary and opponent QB's will continue to feast. CJ Henderson is good, just everyone else really struggling.

3. Don't blame the refs, look at Marrone for this loss. That squib kick was atrocious, and it warrants firing after yet AGAIN another game LOSS on MARRONE! PLease for the love of god fire this idiot!

As to 1, I can't help it.

I've jumped the gun on a couple of occasions-perhaps out of blind homerism.thinking/hoping we have "the guy."

Minshew hasn't played a full season's worth of games yet, much less taken us to a Super Bowl title.

I guess for me, it's better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

2.  Agreed completely.  Our pass defense is a sieve.

3.  The impression I got fro watching Lambo's reacion was that he messed up, not Marrone or the ST coach.  I will revise my analysis if that mistake was a coaching decision.

(09-20-2020, 06:29 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No "mistakes", lol.  Rolleyes

I mean is that it?  I swear the man has to be perfect to be taken seriously. 

Watching this Houston Baltimore game and is honestly say both teams lack the qb play we’ve had the past two weeks.

Oh I take him seriously.

It's just a matter of whether he is a franchise QB or not.

Wobbly passes? They can be the ugliest of all the ugly ducklings as long as it hits his target. Pocket presence is something that improves, buddies only in his 14th start.

Doesn’t really seem like there’s much that’s missing?

Minshew's best day over 300 passing yards...woopty doo right? A loss is a loss but darn impressive of this team IMO.

(09-20-2020, 06:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:11 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Takeaways:

1. Stop questioning if we have a franchise guy.

2. We have no secondary and opponent QB's will continue to feast. CJ Henderson is good, just everyone else really struggling.

3. Don't blame the refs, look at Marrone for this loss. That squib kick was atrocious, and it warrants firing after yet AGAIN another game LOSS on MARRONE! PLease for the love of god fire this idiot!

As to 1, I can't help it.

I've jumped the gun on a couple of occasions-perhaps out of blind homerism.thinking/hoping we have "the guy."

Minshew hasn't played a full season's worth of games yet, much less taken us to a Super Bowl title.

3.  The impression I got fro watching Lambo's reacion was that he messed up, not Marrone or the ST coach.  I will revise my analysis if that mistake was a coaching decision.

(09-20-2020, 06:29 PM)NoShoes Wrote: I mean is that it?  I swear the man has to be perfect to be taken seriously. 

Oh I take him seriously.

Franchise QB means any given Sunday to me. I think we have that with Minshew. 

You just never know what he will pull out of his butt and that’s the hallmark of a franchise QB.

(09-20-2020, 06:54 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As to 1, I can't help it.

Oh I take him seriously.

Franchise QB means any given Sunday to me. I think we have that with Minshew. 

You just never know what he will pull out of his butt and that’s the hallmark of a franchise QB.

I will say that when we got the ball at the end, I was confident that Minshew would get us at least in FG range.  I never thought the game was over until that last INT.

(09-20-2020, 06:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:54 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Franchise QB means any given Sunday to me. I think we have that with Minshew. 

I will say that when we got the ball at the end, I was confident that Minshew would get us at least in FG range.  I never thought the game was over until that last INT.

Which if we are being honest, was just a fluke bang bang play

Watching Redzone at the moment. Watching Mahomes, Lamar and Murray. That's the bar for Minshew down the line.

(09-20-2020, 06:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:54 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Franchise QB means any given Sunday to me. I think we have that with Minshew. 

This is the first time in years I didn’t wonder IF we would March down the field...it was more like how. 

And as the above poster stated..a fluke stopped us..

Minshew is dangerous, that’s what my gut tells me. You can’t count a franchise QB out of the game. 

I think it’s ok to say Minshew is a franchise QB and it’s OK that we don’t know what that means in the future. 

One thing we know for sure and we have to hand it to them...we complained for years about needing a strong offense..we got it! We have weapons all over the field. I’m more intrigued with what team will actually game plan for us. We have a WR that can line up as a RB for Christ sake!

(09-20-2020, 07:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Watching Redzone at the moment. Watching Mahomes, Lamar and Murray. That's the bar for Minshew down the line.

I watched those games. Outside of Mahomes minshew gives us better passing than the other two. By a long shot.

Honestly if we put Minshew on the 2017 team we are in the superbowl. The defense is going to be an issue all year. Time to take the ball to start the game when we win the toss. This is an improving and capable offense.

Type a game where the effort doesn't show as a win but you can point to a good upward trend.

Anyone else cringe when the announcers say Seatle defense scheme when talking about our D? Tired of that.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-20-2020, 08:37 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 07:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Watching Redzone at the moment. Watching Mahomes, Lamar and Murray. That's the bar for Minshew down the line.

I watched those games. Outside of Mahomes minshew gives us better passing than the other two. By a long shot.

I'd like to see us have a O style that plays to Minshews strengths and add pieces that fit that system. Having Hills speed allows Mahomes to throw 50 yard bombs. Minshew has to earn that though and I'm very encouraged so far

His personality is perfect for us.

Pertaining to the Jaguars themselves, I am mostly hopeful this team can gel and sneak in as a 6th seed. Probably not, but I would take a 1 and done in a year most expected the Jags to win 3 or less games. The offense is actually pretty good this year, amazingly and refreshingly entertaining.

That said, the defense really needs help. I expected the secondary to struggle early, but we just can't get beat in the back end so frequently. Every team is going to challenge them early and they are losing badly. We need to find a way to get off the field on 3rd downs.

The Jaguars need to find a way to make it a public issue/thing to bring attention to the officiating in our games. I'm not overly upset at the DPI on Jack, even though by rule it was not DPI. THE NO CALL OFFSIDES ON CLOWNEY SHOULD BE A BLACK EYE TO THE NFL. That play should have never happened, PERIOD!

(09-20-2020, 09:13 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Pertaining to the Jaguars themselves, I am mostly hopeful this team can gel and sneak in as a 6th seed. Probably not, but I would take a 1 and done in a year most expected the Jags to win 3 or less games.  The offense is actually pretty good this year, amazingly and refreshingly entertaining.

That said, the defense really needs help. I expected the secondary to struggle early, but we just can't get beat in the back end so frequently. Every team is going to challenge them early and they are losing badly. We need to find a way to get off the field on 3rd downs.

The Jaguars need to find a way to make it a public issue/thing to bring attention to the officiating in our games. I'm not overly upset at the DPI on Jack, even though by rule it was not DPI. THE NO CALL OFFSIDES ON CLOWNEY SHOULD BE A BLACK EYE TO THE NFL. That play should have never happened, PERIOD!

There is now a 7th seed as well

I can see this team squeaking into that 7th at 8-8. They’ll only get better as the season goes on.

I personally think we have our long term QB already. The two things that stand out to me with our team would be an inconsistent pass rush and subpar play at the safety position. I actually think our OL has played pretty good. I thought we proved today that we can stop the run fairly well, but Tannehills ability to have success through the air was a result of our front 7 not being able to get to him often enough. We obviously have some talent on offense and I love the way that Jay Gruden has spread around the touches and called the offense. I have throughly enjoyed watching this team compete.

(09-20-2020, 06:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 05:48 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Great as always Bullseye.

On point 1- I think we saw the influence Minshew has in this locker room second half. The kid just makes plays. He is making mistakes here and there but they often come as hes trying to make a play when theres nothing there. Its definitly something he can work on but he will also make plays happen with that attitude and mentality. As long as the QB shows he can win us a game, I don't mind riding or dying on them.

And 3- Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. For years and all over. Penalties, blown coverage, losing duels, we do it all. We have a young team so I understand but I just want us to make teams beat us. Make them earn those yards. The refs arent helping but we make things harder for ourselves way too much.

I still don't know if Minshew is the franchise QB we need.

I DO know he is a vast upgrade over what we've had at the position in quite some time.

Pffft... Look at this. I. Think you need some perspective:

Check this [BLEEP] out.

Minshew FIRST 14 games played 27 TDs 8 INTs
Last season full 16 games these guys had:

Aaron Rodgers 26 TDs 4 INTs 

Mahomes (14 games) 26 TDs and 5 INTs

Russell Wilson 31 td 6 int

Tom Brady 24 and 8. 

Deshaun Watson 26 TD 12 Int 

Drew Brees 27 TDs 4 INTs 

Still not sure?

My one big impression is how much better I feel about our offense after the first two games.  It doesn't seem like this is getting talked about enough.  Think about it.  We scored 27 points and 30 points in our first two games.  Granted, it's only two games, but if we can do that every week, we'll win a lot of games.  That's a 28.5 point average.  Last year, that would be fifth best average in the entire NFL.  If Lambo makes that extra point, we move up to fourth best.  Only one team averaged over 30 and we're currently at 28.5.  For a team widely accused of "tanking" and a favorite to get the number 1 pick, that's beyond impressive.  I would also note that this scoring isn't coming from some fluke play, a returned kickoff or a defensive player running back a turnover.  The offense deserves almost all of the credit.  If you look at today's game, the offense wasn't even helped by good field position.  The drives leading to our four touchdowns started in own territory on the 25, 11, 25 and 14 yard lines.  Our field goal drive also started on our own 25 yard line.  These were sustained drives.  The offense is getting the job done.