Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Now that we know this team isn't bad...

Do you wish we didn't trade Calais and Bouye?

I wish we kept Calais at least, he would help a lot imo.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2020, 05:54 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Do you wish we didn't trade Calais and Bouye?

The offense is better than I expected.  Minschew has looked great.  But the defense is atrocious.  Its going to kill us this season.  I'm still holding with my 6-10 prediction.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(09-20-2020, 05:54 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Do you wish we didn't trade Calais and Bouye?

Campbell yes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think both would've helped us today. I've gotta watch the full replay on NFL Network to make sure, but by the highlights I saw and the box score, it didn't seem like we generated much pressure on Tannenhill and our secondary is garbage.

Honestly the DL play has been solid. I think current weakness wise we'd have been better keeping Bouye. But Campbell's leadership to this locker room would be awesome.

But we keep CC, we probably don't sign Jernigan.

We need CB and S help most of all.

No, we had to get out the salary cap hell created by Coughlin. And Calais is getting old.

I think the defense is actually going to be better than we expected in the long term. In the first two games we've been awful getting off the field on 3rd down.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Wingard was a liability out there most of the game, 1st half at least.

its not just todays,jags defense has been awful on 3rd down for years. even in 2017 when jags made playoffs,still couldn't stop a team on 3rd down. i hear it every week from my dad,its 3rd down,thats automatic first down for oppossing team,and 98% of the times it happens.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Campbell I thought about today.

(09-20-2020, 06:36 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I think the defense is actually going to be better than we expected in the long term. In the first two games we've been awful getting off the field on 3rd down.

I'm curious what you see about the D that makes you optimistic for the long-term.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 06:58 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-20-2020, 06:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: its not just todays,jags defense has been awful on 3rd down for years. even in 2017 when jags made playoffs,still couldn't stop a team on 3rd down. i hear it every week from my dad,its 3rd down,thats automatic first down for oppossing team,and 98% of the times it happens.

Well Tennessee was 7/11 on 3rd down which was 63.6% so your dad is wrong

(09-20-2020, 06:49 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:36 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I think the defense is actually going to be better than we expected in the long term. In the first two games we've been awful getting off the field on 3rd down.

I'm curious what you see about the D that makes you optimistic for the long-term.

Both games so far they've stiffened up significantly in the 2md half. We held Henry in check for once. I think as they mature through the season we'll see them start as strong as they've been finishing

Defense will be fine most likely with some reinforcements from the draft. But yeah, Campbell and Bouye we could've afforded to keep another year. But we had to cut em eventually and I don't see this as a superbowl squad if we kept em, so might as well get the cap stuff out of the way.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 09:26 PM by surfon.)

How did Calais look today for bmore? Didn't watch it.

No because we still wouldn't be contending with either. Let the young guys go through their growing pains. We have a good group on young guys to build around on both sides.

With 4 picks in the top 2 rounds and alot of salary cap space I can see us being a playoff team next year given Minshew keeps progressing like he is.

I think its safe to say we won't be having the top pick this year, but even if we pick around 10 and Rams ( who knows) we should get some good players.

Vikes 2nd rounder looks like it could be pretty high
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

Campbell would be nice to have on this team. However, this is a year for looking forward. Glad he is on the Ravens to contend. The Mayor always has a place on Jacksonville though.

You really are a master at turning positives into negatives.

(09-20-2020, 06:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Honestly the DL play has been solid. I think current weakness wise we'd have been better keeping Bouye. But Campbell's leadership to this locker room would be awesome.

But we keep CC, we probably don't sign Jernigan.

We need CB and S help most of all.
DL has 1 sack.

(09-20-2020, 09:59 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

You really are a master at turning positives into negatives.

Because of this question? lol ok.

I am not even blasting DC for doing those trades, not when he made them and not right now.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Isn't Bouye out for the season with an injury?