Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who do you think gets the #1 pick (Lawrence)?

(09-21-2020, 12:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 12:15 PM)NCJag Wrote: I have seen Haskins.  And you just described Minshew from last year.  

Side note: I watched that kid Gandy-Golden at Liberty last year.  He's pretty good.

Agreed, I like him as well, but he is a rookie and rookie WR's usually take a while to develop chemistry with the QB. I remember D.J. Chark's rookie season. It wasn't pretty and a lot of people on the board were calling him a bust. I was a big supporter of drafting him and had him as my top rated receiver the year he came out, but even I started having a few doubts after his first season in the NFL. Now, he's my favorite offensive player.

Of course, look who Chark had THROWING to him his rookie year (eye roll). I still remember Allen Robinson losing his mind in training camp (KEEP THAT BLEEP IN BOUNDS BRO!)

Gandy-Golden also went through a bout of the RONA, so he's gonna be a slow developer....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jets look like the early leaders to me.

Did anyone watch the Eagles games? I heard they looked really rough, but no one else has brought them up.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 08:19 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-21-2020, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 07:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, the Jets.  They have zero talent.  Would yall trade one of our 1st for Quinnen Williams?  Or maybe say a 2nd and a 3rd? I think he would be much better at 3 tech in a 4-3.  I wonder what it would take to get Williams from the Jets.  He hasn't been that good but I think its because of the scheme and D he is in

Allen-Williams-Hamilton-Chaisson would be a nice dline for the future

No. There will be some good 3 techniques available in the draft. The guy I really have my eye on is Jaylen Twyman of Pitt. He opted out this year, but when I watched him in 2019, I saw flashes of Aaron Donald.

Naw man, not sure if any 3tech in this draft will be as good as Williams is.  Id def give one of our 1st for him, he would be the missing link on this dline imo.

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/130809...59680?s=20

Jets, Skins, or Giants

I think the Rams are a 6 or 7 win team.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/22/jets-slow-...timelines/

Here's an interesting article about the Jets. The GM, the HC, and the QB are all on different timelines, which is really bad. They're starting another rebuild but they have a lame duck head coach and they have to make a decision on picking up Darnold's 5th year option. It's all out of sync.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 10:35 AM by Kane.)

I think the Jets might be the worst team in the league but doubt they go with Lawrence unless they clean house at GM and HC. Also... Carolina is bad. Very young on D (and not very good yet) and Teddy is NOT the answer, which I feel like I've been saying for years and years now lol With the CMC injury they could be in an early hole this season.
Skins have a solid defense but are lacking offensive weapons and the QB there also isn't looking great. I could see Rivera wanting "his guy".
Also, don't overlook Detroit. Patricia is likely on his way out. The fans are as rabid if not worse than ours about the GM there. Stafford isn't a spring chicken either. Lions with a bad enough season could be in the hunt for Trevor Lawrence.

(09-23-2020, 07:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jets, Skins, or Giants

I think the Rams are a 6 or 7 win team.

I hope you're right about the Rams. But they are 1/3rd of the way to a 6 win season already. The D is looking good and with teams like the Giants, Jets, Football Team and Phins on the schedule they'd have to be pretty bad to only win 6.