Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Desmond King unhappy in Los Angeles

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...94656?s=21

He was really good in 2018, 90.4 grade by PFF.

Don’t know if he’s fallen off a cliff, pushed out by Chris Harris or what. But this defense needs help.

If available, this is a guy you should give up a draft pick for. Not the Josh Dobbs and Carlos Hyde’s of the world.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems he has in fact fallen off a cliff. He plays in a similar defense too, so I'd say pass. Here is an article before the season started. This is concerning.

"King’s performance in 2019 was genuinely very concerning. Sure, his PFF defensive grade was fine. Despite it being a passable grade, it was just about 20 points lower than his 2018 score. His coverage grade also decreased more than 20 points.

In 2017 and 2018, King allowed a reception percentage of 77%. That number jumped 10 points to 87% in the 2019 season. Quarterbacks also routinely picked on King throughout the season. In that same period of the first two years of his career, King allowed a 91.6 passer rating when he was targeted. That ballooned 30+ points in 2019 to a 123.8 passer rating."

https://boltbeat.com/2020/08/05/la-charg...re-signed/

74.0 PFF grade this year and still just 25

Is a UFA at the end of the year, but this is the kinda guy I think they should target, and if he plays well, you get first dibs at trying to sign him to an extension.

He's a tack now...

(11-02-2020, 04:55 PM)Kane Wrote: He's a tack now...

I know. It’s why I bumped it.

6th rounder wasn’t an absolute steal for this guy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!