Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week In the AFC South-Week 3

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 08:45 PM by Psychop1.)

Sorry guys. Would it be too late to pick the Jags in this game? Dolphins are up 7

I’m a little late here...

4-2 on the season

Jags
Steelers
Titans
Jets

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-22-2020, 10:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: 2-1 last week
4-2 Overall

Jags- Being a homer on this one, to me everything lines up for Fins to win but... whatever I'm going with the Mania. My gut feeling is Marrone is going to [BLEEP] the bed on national TV with some boneheaded decision that is going to cost this team yet again. I'm so tired of this bologna eating walking trashcan.
Steelers- Screw the Tinhorns. They got screwed by the schedule, but who cares. Conner/Snell should run all day.
Tacks- Hopefully the Vikings pull it off, but Henry is due.
Clots- Hopefully Rivers has an ol' fashioned INT fest, but damn that Jets team is PATHETIC!

Shoulda went with my gut, i'll never doubt the Ol' gut again...

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 01:24 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

Jags just wanted to knock me off my undefeated streak. Tough game last night. Hard to judge off a thursday night game though, you guys will be alright.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 07:35 PM by snowwolf776.)

(09-25-2020, 01:24 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags just wanted to knock me off my undefeated streak. Tough game last night. Hard to judge off a thursday night game though, you guys will be alright.

nope jags won't be alright until doug is fired. as long as hes HC jags will never ever have a winning season again. hes destroyed jags just like he did bills. one lucky good year,and all down hill from there.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Forgot about this. Was going to take Jax so I'll give myself the L there

Indy
Minnesota
Pittsburgh

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 02:04 PM by homebiscuit.)

Taylor Lewan down hard in the Vikes game.

He walked off the field but shaky.

Vikings putting the heat on Tannehill and it shows. Yan contributing.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 07:15 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(09-27-2020, 01:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Taylor Lewan down hard in the Vikes game.

He walked off the field but shaky.

Vikings putting the heat on Tannehill and it shows. Yan contributing.

Yan was down on one knee right near Lewan. Respect
Looked like a neck injury, arm went limp possibly. Called it a shoulder although its hard telling with vrabel. He is weird about injuries

2-2 this wk
8-2 so far

(09-22-2020, 04:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 3-0 last week. 5-1 overall. 

my picks this week are 

jaguars-jags are without a kicker now, thats really going hurt. we know nothing about rookie kicker. 

steelers

colts

vikeings with the upset of tittians

2-2 this week  moved to 7-3 overall

(09-24-2020, 11:29 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 10:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: 2-1 last week
4-2 Overall

Jags- Being a homer on this one, to me everything lines up for Fins to win but... whatever I'm going with the Mania. My gut feeling is Marrone is going to [BLEEP] the bed on national TV with some boneheaded decision that is going to cost this team yet again. I'm so tired of this bologna eating walking trashcan.
Steelers- Screw the Tinhorns. They got screwed by the schedule, but who cares. Conner/Snell should run all day.
Tacks- Hopefully the Vikings pull it off, but Henry is due.
Clots- Hopefully Rivers has an ol' fashioned INT fest, but damn that Jets team is PATHETIC!

Shoulda went with my gut, i'll never doubt the Ol' gut again...

3-1

7-3 overall

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 10:17 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-22-2020, 03:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the loathsome and detestable tacks continued their home dominance over the Jaguars, except the win was anything but dominant.  Despite having a double digit lead, the tacks had a very hard time putting our Jaguars away.  However, at the moment, they are alone in first place in the division at 2-0.  The Jaguars battled back and had a legitimate chance to win late until a Minshew pass was tipped at the line of scrimmage and intercepted.  But the Jaguars have gained some respect these past few weeks, and Minshew has fueled speculation the team may have finally found their franchise QB.  The Colts bounced back from a shocking loss to the not tanking Jaguars to thump the Vikings, while the Texans are winless at 0-2, with two more tough games in the next couple of weeks with games at Pittsburgh and home against the equally desperate Vikings.   On the prognostication front, I went 2-1 for the second week in a row, this time missing on the Colts-Vikings tilt.  Not ideal, but worlds better than my record at this point last year.

On top the games

Miami (0-2) at Jacksonville (1-1)-In a battle of two pesky FL teams, the Fish come to Duuuvaaalll to take on the Jaguars.  The Dolphins played well in their loss to well regarded Buffalo, having the lead in the 4th quarter before finally losing 31-28.  Fitzpatrick is an experienced QB who had a very good game against a very good defense last week, but has a history of throwing INTs.  If Buffalo didn’t pick him off, I’m doubtful the Jaguars will.  However, the fish may be without CB Byron Jones, who left the game with an injury.  Meanwhile, the Jaguars have some new faces of their own, and so far most of them have played well.  CJ Henderson got rookie of the week honors in week 1.  DE K’Lavon Chaisson notched his first sack last week.  WR LaViska Shenault is the Jaguars’ Swiss Army knife, who has been utilized at QB, RB, and WR so far.  It’s been a long time since I’ve typed this phrase, but given the Jaguars edge at QB and being at home on the short week, I pick the Jaguars to win 27-21.  Josh Allen records his first sack of the season.

Houston (0-2) at Pittsburgh (2-0)-Right now, thanks in paart to a very tough opening schedule, the Texans are a lackluster team ob both sides of the ball.  They aren’t blocking well and not throwing well thanks in part to the trade of DeAndre Hopkins.  On the other side of the ball, they gave given up 34 and 33 Points to two of the most diverse and dynamic attacks in the NFL with Kansas City and Baltimore.  With Big Ben healthy again, the Steelers, while not as dynamic offensively as KC or Baltimore, are still balanced and formidable offensively, and still retain their typically strong defense.  Pittsburgh wins  34-17.  (see what I did there?)

Tennessee (2-0) at Minnesota (0-2)-Tennessee is a good team that could easily be 0-2 so far.  But they ARE 2-0.  Minnesota, OTOH, is a team thought to be good but is a disastrous 0-2 so far.  Despite the trade for Yannick Ngakouee, the Vikings defense has been shredded so far this year, and last week, their offense was horrific, with Kirk Cousins had a Blutarski level 0.0 QB rating into the 4th quarter of the 28-11 loss to the Colts.  At the rate this is going, that 2nd round pick thet gave to the Jaguars for Ngakoue will be pretty high in the round.  Tannehill has been reborn in Tennessee and shows what a QB can do when he’s given help.  Tennessee wins 26-20.

N.Y. Jets (0-2) at Indianapolis (1-1).  While the tacks exemplify what a QB can do when he gets help around him, the Jets exemplify what happens when a talented QB has no help around him.  Right now, the Jets pose no threat offensively, averaging 15 ppg.  Granted, they have gone against two of the best defenses in the league in Buffalo and SF, but they were hit by injuries to RB and WR.  Meanwhile, I think the Colts defense is better than they showed against the Jaguars, but not quite as good as they showed against Minnesota.  But they are good enough to win 28-14.

Last week:          2-1
Overall:               4-2

This week:  3-1
Overall:      7-3

Jaguars kept a lot of us from perfect weeks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I really had a feeling the texans would win. Oh well 0-3 looks better on em

(09-22-2020, 08:49 AM)Mikey Wrote: Last week 1-2 , Overall 3-3

Duval 24 Phins 21: This team has confidence. I love it. The D showed last week that it can focus on a player and neutralize him. The offense consistently moves the chains, and I really like how Minshew is spreading things around. Can Todd Wash find a way to keep Fitzmagic from torching our young secondary? The pass rush has been absent for the first few weeks, here's hoping that we have a few surprises on Thursday night.

Steelers 34 tinhorns 20: Just a brutal opening schedule for the horns. Ben appears to be on a mission this season, and that D will be on Watson. I know that I have no faith in Bill O'Brien....how long before his team echoes this sentiment?

tacks 25 Vikes I dunno, 13?: I am still ticked about putting any faith in the Vikes last week. They should be better than they are. The tacks have plenty of offense, not like Yan is gonna help stop Henry! If the D can keep Cook in check, the vikes are doomed.

indynoplace 16 JEST 3: Indy actually sits the entire team in the second half, and the Jets only manage a field goal playing against air. Adam Gase is in fact that miserable.

welp. 6-4 overall after a 3-1 week.

Jags game was easily the hardest to call, and curse our hearts for clouding our judgment.

(09-22-2020, 11:08 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 1-2 last week
3-3 overall

Jaguars over Dolphins
Steelers over Texans
Titans over Vikings
Colts over Jets

3-1 this week
6-4 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-22-2020, 05:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: 2-1 Last Week
5-1 Overall

This week I'll select:

Jaguars
Steelers - For some reason the Texans look awful, though they have a pretty rough opening schedule.  I'll go with the home team.
Titans - At this point the division title is theirs to lose.  Much different team with a capable QB.
Colts - The Jets are just awful.

3-1 This Week
8-2 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

3-1 this week, 7-3 overall.

(09-22-2020, 06:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Last week 2-1
Overall 5-1

This week I'm going with

Jags
Steelees
Vikings
Colts

2-2 this week
7-3 overall

2-2 on week
6-4 on the season

(09-28-2020, 12:21 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I really had a feeling the texans would win. Oh well 0-3 looks better on em

texans are only loseing cause they are playing super bowl contending teams. they will win next week againest jags.  doug needs to be fired ,jags shouldn't of ever hired that loser.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 12:39 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(09-23-2020, 01:04 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: 4-2
Jags
Houston
Tacks
Clots
All south this week.

2-2, 6-4 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-29-2020, 10:53 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 12:21 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I really had a feeling the texans would win. Oh well 0-3 looks better on em

texans are only loseing cause they are playing super bowl contending teams. they will win next week againest jags.  doug needs to be fired ,jags shouldn't of ever hired that loser.

dude, it's getting like TMD in here, every thread derailed with the same comment.

tinhorns are losing because they have a dunderpate for a GM. Thankfully, the GM is dumb enough to keep the other dunderpate they have at HC on the sidelines.