Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Happy birthday Rico!

Happy birthday to occasional golfer and perrenial pickem/fantasy football smack talker Rico (Tx)! Wasn't sure about the name change until I saw the familiar avatar.

You share a birthday with Anne of Cleves, Michael Faraday, Tommy LaSorda, Lute Olson, 71-year old Whitesnake singer David Coverdale, Joan Jett, Andrea Bocelli, Scott Baio, Debby Boone and NHL goalie Mike Richter.  May you score more like Scott and less like Mike on your birthday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Happy Birthday RicoTx!   Banana

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Who?

Wink
Happy Birthday!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Happy Birthday dude
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Happy Birthday, Rico. Let's light those candles.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FaPQY...f=1&nofb=1]

Thanks guys. And not to make this a downer...

But I've been at the hospital since last night. My youngest daughter has been in the ICU since about 3:30. She has multiple blood clots in both lungs. Not sure what caused it yet. Theory is something post-op from a procedure she had on her back combined with her arthritis meds. They have her on blood thinners. Pulmonologist will be here soon to talk to me.

Breathing is very labored. Really hurts seeing her like this and can't do anything. I'm scared. Please keep Stacie in your thoughts.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Sorry to hear that Rico. Your daughter is in our thoughts and we're all hoping for the best.

(09-23-2020, 08:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Thanks guys.  And not to make this a downer...

But I've been at the hospital since last night.  My youngest daughter has been in the ICU since about 3:30.  She has multiple blood clots in both lungs.  Not sure what caused it yet.  Theory is something post-op from a procedure she had on her back combined with her arthritis meds.  They have her on blood thinners. Pulmonologist will be here soon to talk to me.

Breathing is very labored.  Really hurts seeing her like this and can't do anything.  I'm scared.  Please keep Stacie in your thoughts.

Praying for a full recovery Rico.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Best of luck for recovery, Stacie.

Sorry your birthday sucked, Rico.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 05:47 PM by RicoTx.)

Well, she's out of surgery.  She did very well.  They did a procedure where they went in through the femoral artery and sucked the clots out.  I can't believe the size of the clot that was in her left lung.  It was no [BLEEP] wonder she was having trouble breathing.  She's breathing much better now and acting more normal.  Dad is feeling quite relieved.  I'll be the first to admit I was having trouble keeping it together.  I was scared because this procedure was not without risk.

Oh well, important thing is she's doing a lot better.  She'll be here for a couple of days for observation while she on the blood thinners, but things are good.

(09-23-2020, 05:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, she's out of surgery.  She did very well.  They did a procedure where they went in through the femoral artery and sucked the clots out.  I can't believe the size of the clot that was in her left lung.  It was no [BLEEP] wonder she was having trouble breathing.  She's breathing much better now and acting more normal.  Dad is feeling quite relieved.  I'll be the first to admit I was having trouble keeping it together.  I was scared because this procedure was not without risk.

Oh well, important thing is she's doing a lot better.  She'll be here for a couple of days for observation while she on the blood thinners, but things are good.

Good to hear, Rico. Now you're both breathing better and she's on the mend. You deserve a beer or three.

Happy Belated B-day

How’s your daughter doing Rico?

(09-28-2020, 11:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How’s your daughter doing Rico?

Doing well.  She was discharged Friday.  Still weak, but she started work again yesterday...granted from home.

Now she needs to get her [BLEEP] in gear and make me my birthday cake.   Smile

(09-29-2020, 08:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 11:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How’s your daughter doing Rico?

Doing well.  She was discharged Friday.  Still weak, but she started work again yesterday...granted from home.

I’m so glad to hear that she’s doing well!

(09-29-2020, 10:32 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 08:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Doing well.  She was discharged Friday.  Still weak, but she started work again yesterday...granted from home.

I’m so glad to hear that she’s doing well!

As am I.  I was pretty damn stressed for a while.  Just bothers me they may never know the true cause.  They can only theorize.  She'll be going for regular checkups at the pulmonolgist for the forseeeable future.