Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Two round draft pick watcher

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_s...e_strength

We have the toughest remaining SOS and the Rams have the 3rd toughest remaining SOS. Maybe that Rams pick could slide up further than we thought...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So if the Jets miraculously win a game and we lose out, who would get the first pick? Based on tankathon, we have a lower SoS so wouldn’t we move ahead of them?

I assume the SoS will change based on other teams winning and losing so it's impossible to say right now

(10-20-2020, 08:47 AM)JNev Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-...-in-top-10

This has us at #2 and tankathon has us at #5... who knows lol and it really is pretty irrelevant at this point in the year haha

(10-26-2020, 10:40 AM)JNev Wrote: I assume the SoS will change based on other teams winning and losing so it's impossible to say 
I’ve checked a few different websites and they are all spitting out different SoS numbers. My understanding is Tankathon is projecting the SoS for the whole year. If Tankathon’s predictions are right, then we would move up to first if the Jets could just be competent for one freaking game.
I’m hoping Belichick throws a game to NYJ to screw them out of Lawrence.

Tankathom does not try to predict SOS. It reflects the current SOS. You can tell that by the early weeks when everyone had SOS of 1.000 and .500 and .000.

After Rams Monday Night win,

Jags #1 - #3
Rams #1 - #23
Jags #2 - #34
Vikings #2 - #38

Jags #3 - 69

Falcons thankfully eek'ed out a victory when it looked like they were going to choke again.

Another 1 win team moving up to 2 wins.

If Vikings lose Sunday as expected against GB, they look to take 3rd place from us, but we play them Dec 6th in Minnesota, so we can fix that problem.

Yea I mean really the only 1 win teams we have to worry about are the Jets and Giants. The Giants play the WFT again, the Eagles, the Cowboys, and the Bengals, which are all winnable games for them. So really it boils down to the Jets and us and the Jets only have a shot at winning their Pats games, maybe the Phins if Tua struggles, and the Raiders maybe.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 09:11 AM by RicoTx.)

I still can't see how the Jets even accidentally win a game.  They're baddddd.  I hope they somehow surprise me.

I think we're  destined to #2 unless we trade up.  And I don't see that happening.  If we do, Lawrence will turn out to be a huge bust.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-30-2020, 09:10 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I still can't see how the Jets even accidentally win a game.  They're baddddd.  I hope they somehow surprise me.

I think we're  destined to #2 unless we trade up.  And I don't see that happening.  If we do, Lawrence will turn out to be a huge bust.

If they had Flacco the rest of the year I'd agree, but I think Darnold can mess around and win a game when the opponent is already thinking about the next week's matchup

Giants will win more games for sure. The Jets? doubtful
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Clearly everything comes down to the Jets winning a game or not. I seriously can't believe I'm hoping for us to go 1-15 but Trevor Lawrence is worth it

(10-30-2020, 10:28 AM)JNev Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:10 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I still can't see how the Jets even accidentally win a game.  They're baddddd.  I hope they somehow surprise me.

If they had Flacco the rest of the year I'd agree, but I think Darnold can mess around and win a game when the opponent is already thinking about the next week's matchup

They were actually up on the Bills this past weekend 12-3 or something early.

I think they could beat the Phins maybe if Tua struggles at all...
I think they could beat the Pats in week 17 if they're resting guys for playoffs.
We played the bolts really close... and the jets can't be that much worse than us so maybe they could steal that one after a BYE week of prep (and/or perhaps a fired coach bump)

(10-30-2020, 11:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 10:28 AM)JNev Wrote: If they had Flacco the rest of the year I'd agree, but I think Darnold can mess around and win a game when the opponent is already thinking about the next week's matchup

I think they could beat the Pats in week 17 if they're resting guys for playoffs.
We played the bolts really close... and the jets can't be that much worse than us so maybe they could steal that one after a BYE week of prep (and/or perhaps a fired coach bump)

WTH  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-30-2020, 11:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 10:28 AM)JNev Wrote: If they had Flacco the rest of the year I'd agree, but I think Darnold can mess around and win a game when the opponent is already thinking about the next week's matchup

Pats?  Playoffs?  Huh?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 02:32 PM by Kane.)

(10-30-2020, 01:42 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:09 AM)Kane Wrote: They were actually up on the Bills this past weekend 12-3 or something early.

Pats?  Playoffs?  Huh?

Pats gonna bounce back. 3 of the next 4 very winnable games. They aren't a bad team and 7 teams get in this year.
Or the Pats are a bad team and the Jets could possibly beat them.

The Patriots have 3 passing TDs this year... and 1 WR has a TD catch. They're actually pretty bad

Good news with the Rams today. Dolphins up by 18 at the half. Rams have tough schedule remaining so I'd expect the Jags to pick somewhere around 20th with their 2nd pick in round 1.

Vikings are beating the Packers by 14 now so they'll have 2 wins along with Falcons after their win.

Jags won't win more than 1 more time so they will pick no worse than 3rd depending on the Jets and Giants.

Jags will end up with either Lawrence or Fields and have 4 picks in the top 40.

OK, As expected the Jets got blown out by KC. Giants don't play till Monday. Vikings who we need to have a bad season more than ever pulled a stunner at GB. Rams got handled by Dolphins to temporarily fall out of a playoff spot). Before 4 O'Clock games here's where we stand.

Jags #1 - #3
Rams #1 - #18
Jags #2 - #34
Vikings #2 - 40

Jags #3 - #68

The Bears lose in a 4 PM game. That knocked them out of the 'playoff' and put the Rams back in. Here's where we are prior to Monday night game.

Jags #1 - #3
Rams #1 - #21
Jags #2 - #34
Vikings #2 - 41

Jags #3 - #68