Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tacks got the 'rona

99.99994% to die. Or live, I dunno who’s counting anyway. Cancel the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-30-2020, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 08:01 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:  Wonder if it will scare the colleges going forward now that this has happened on the pro level.

Some colleges have already canceled, postponed, and moved games this season due to Covid outbreaks. 

I don't think these schools and franchises are going to be scared away from the money. These seasons are going to finish barring some sort of large scale league wide outbreak.
I mean look at PAC 12, they were dead set on not playing until Spring at the earliest... once BIG10 jumped back in, they did too.
Don't wanna be on the outside looking in.

This is unfortunate but what I find amazing is that 3 players on the tacks squad tested positive, after playing a game with the Vikes, and no one on the Vikes tested positive.
So how contagious is this virus really? Hmm? Were they back ups that didn't see much, if any, game time? Are these positive tests legit Covid 19 which apparently there's a lot of uncertainty about the testing process and what causes a positive test, like a dead virus with lingering fragments, false positives, or a simple common cold triggering a positive test in the anti-gen test, which is the quick 15 minute test vs the covid 24 hour test. Are they doing the anti-gen test daily and the COVID test only after receiving a positive on the anti-gen?

Curious to see how much detail the NFL puts out regarding this and how they proceed.

Read an interesting article about the virus and football that explained why tackling someone or being close by for a few seconds is way less likely to spread the virus than say a position group in a room for longer times. Something about the amount of the virus you're actuallly in contact with. I dont think any vikes will test positive but i do think more and more tacks will as this week goes  on
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Now it's being reported the Steelers/Titans game will air either early Monday evening at 5pm or Tuesday at 6 or 7pm. It is supposed to air nationally on CBS.

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/statu...9851851776

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 12:08 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

This was all just a plot from the Tacks to get some tv time

Rap reporting for NFL that tacks have more positives and the game is now delayed and to be rescheduled.

Cool, cool.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 06:41 PM by NewJagsCity.)

NFL today announcing that failure to follow established covid-19 protocols may result in forfeiture of games if a team cannot be fielded. Now the titans / steelers have been forced to an early bye week. Steelers were ready to roll. Titans should have been penalized here with a forfeit.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

tacks got more hits...

Patriots on the verge of a similar outbreak. These two teams won't be the last. NFL needs to figure out a plan.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-07-2020, 10:36 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Patriots on the verge of a similar outbreak.  These two teams won't be the last.  NFL needs to figure out a plan.

I foresee it going like this -- forge ahead, postpone and reschedule as possible, rinse and repeat until either a 2 week total league suspension happens or complete shutdown of the season.

The arbitrary rules (coaches mask up, players don't have to, players contact during game but can't post game) and impossibility of enforcing the protocols outside of the league offices and stadiums are really going to turn it into a [BLEEP] show.

tacks might not be able to play for a 2nd straight week... how's that gonna work out with bye weeks. Do they forfeit? It's a mess.
A multi billion dollar business should have had a better plan in place I think. More contingencies. Instead they assumed thousands of players and coaches and staff would all self bubble and do all the right things all the time.
Contracts are all guaranteed now across the league iirc. Bunch of players probably don't care if the season is canceled at this point. Especially players on bad teams.

(10-07-2020, 11:55 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:36 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Patriots on the verge of a similar outbreak.  These two teams won't be the last.  NFL needs to figure out a plan.

I foresee it going like this -- forge ahead, postpone and reschedule as possible, rinse and repeat until either a 2 week total league suspension happens or complete shutdown of the season.

The arbitrary rules (coaches mask up, players don't have to, players contact during game but can't post game) and impossibility of enforcing the protocols outside of the league offices and stadiums are really going to turn it into a [BLEEP] show.

tacks might not be able to play for a 2nd straight week... how's that gonna work out with bye weeks. Do they forfeit? It's a mess.
A multi billion dollar business should have had a better plan in place I think. More contingencies. Instead they assumed thousands of players and coaches and staff would all self bubble and do all the right things all the time.
Contracts are all guaranteed now across the league iirc. Bunch of players probably don't care if the season is canceled at this point. Especially players on bad teams.

Agree although I'm not sure anyone can adequately plan for this.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-07-2020, 01:35 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 11:55 AM)Kane Wrote: I foresee it going like this -- forge ahead, postpone and reschedule as possible, rinse and repeat until either a 2 week total league suspension happens or complete shutdown of the season.

Agree although I'm not sure anyone can adequately plan for this.

I just meant extra bye weeks throughout season for postponed games. Or some sort of plan like that.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...t-workout/

If this is true, what are they thinking? The league is not messing around. tacks could miss playoffs cause of a forfeit or lose draft picks.

Big Grin 

(10-05-2020, 06:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: NFL today announcing that failure to follow established covid-19 protocols may result in forfeiture of games if a team cannot be fielded.  

Jaguars win the division by default!!!  
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-07-2020, 03:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 06:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: NFL today announcing that failure to follow established covid-19 protocols may result in forfeiture of games if a team cannot be fielded.  

Jaguars win the division by default!!!  

If anything I think this season is going to be entering a pause or full suspension soon so the jags may be put out of their misery

(10-05-2020, 06:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: NFL today announcing that failure to follow established covid-19 protocols may result in forfeiture of games if a team cannot be fielded.  Now the titans / steelers have been forced to an early bye week. Steelers were ready to roll. Titans should have been penalized here with a forfeit.

If we win our last 2 games by forfeit which gets us out the TLAW and Fields sweepstakes .... I just won’t be surprised.

(10-07-2020, 03:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 03:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Jaguars win the division by default!!!  

If anything I think this season is going to be entering a pause or full suspension soon so the jags may be put out of their misery
They really need to pause for 2-3 weeks and enforce a team bubble. Sounds like the NFL is just marching forward and not even looking at a bubble, so it could end up being worse soon.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 09:11 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(10-07-2020, 03:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...t-workout/

If this is true, what are they thinking? The league is not messing around. tacks could miss playoffs cause of a forfeit or lose draft picks.

A lot of the chatter on the Titans message boards has been going sort of like this "well we may have violated the rules, but everybody else is getting the corona now so the rules must be wrong and need revision".  League wide protocols were in place, and now it seems that they were violated. Classic example of blaming the rules as being faulty to justify illegal behavior. Microcosm of society, IMHO.  If they can't field a team Sunday against the Bills, they should have to forfeit, particularly if the contents of this article are verified.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 09:09 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(10-08-2020, 12:16 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 03:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If anything I think this season is going to be entering a pause or full suspension soon so the jags may be put out of their misery
They really need to pause for 2-3 weeks and enforce a team bubble. Sounds like the NFL is just marching forward and not even looking at a bubble, so it could end up being worse soon.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Pick a state or states where the least amount of cases are. Play these games in a High School stadium if needed. There are no fans anyway so what's the difference.  Rent out an entire lodging  facility and don't let anyone other than the workers share it with the team and the players.  I'm sure this will disrupt their precious day-to-day routine, but hey, these people are supposed to be professionals, right?  It's not like this hasn't affected millions of people's routines, many of whom are out of work.

I am embarrassed to be a tacks fan..
Yes, they thought there was still a game to get ready for when tannehill got em together.. almost makes me proud of em. I mean, at that point the facility was closed but the league was saying they would play with no practice.
With that being said, these daily positives are making me crazy. The fact they sat on the news of the players getting together until a week of constant positive tests pouring in put a giant bullseye on the tacks.. most hated team on the planet.
Now with that being said, tacks need to go win that super bowl. If they can play some games that is

(10-08-2020, 02:15 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I am embarrassed to be a tacks fan..
Yes, they thought there was still a game to get ready for when tannehill got em together.. almost makes me proud of em.  I mean, at that point the facility was closed but the league was saying they would play with no practice.
With that being said, these daily positives are making me crazy. The fact they sat on the news of the players getting together until a week of constant positive tests pouring in put a giant bullseye on the tacks..  most hated team on the planet.
Now with that being said, tacks need to go win that super bowl.  If they can play some games that is

It's worse  then one workout now....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...protocols/

Oof. I feel a first round pick loss is incoming. or multi-game suspensions for coach/gm.