Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South- Week 4

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 12:10 AM by Bullseye.)

Just when the fans were getting some semblance of football normalcy, or at least as normal as can be with few if any fans in the stands, Corona has a counterstrike with the tacks as the target.  After their game against Minnesota, some eight different players and coaches test positive.  Their facility has shut down until Friday, and their game against Pittsburgh may be postponed until Monda, or until later in the season.  Ordinarily, a I hate Tennessee joke would go well here if a hypothetical plague hits the tacks.  But since the Coronavirus is real and the potential ramifications so serious, I can't take the [BLEEP] here.  I hope all involved are well and that it does not spread further.  I also hope all completely recover from it.

After a 3-1 week, I am now 73 for the year.

This weeks picks will have an asterisk as there is uncertainty surrounding the Tenn-Pitt game may be postponed.  I will proceed as if the game will be played this week.

Tennessee (3-0) at Pittsburgh (3-0)-In this week's top matchup, two undefeated and traditional Jaguars foes face off either Monday or Tuesday when the tacks host the Steelers.  Although Tennessee is undefeated, they hardly look dominant.  They easily could be 1-2, and have not shown the trademark strong defense.  Pittsburgh, on the other hand, have been good in all facets of their game.  With Big Ben back, they can pass the ball effectively, which gives the rugged Connor room to run.  They have performed well against the run, and have been good in pressuring opposing QBs.  Whenever they play, Pittsburgh hands the tacks their first loss of the season 28-20.

Minnesota (0-3) at Houston (0-3)-On the opposite end of the standings is a matchup of two winless teams as the Texans host the Vikings-two teams who seem to have more talent than their records suggest.  Both have traded away two top receiving threats-Diggs went to Buffalo while Hopkins left for the Cardinals and his coming off his second 10 catch performance in the last three weeks.  Can the Vikings protect Cousins against Watt and Mercilus?  I think the Vikings get their first win of the season 24-23...though part of me wants to see them lose to continue to elevate thei second round pick they give to the Jaguars in the spring.

Jacksonville (1-2) at Cincinnati (0-2-1)  The good guys are fresh off of a disappointing home loss to Miami, and now on their way to face the Bengals and promising looking rookie QB Joe Burrow.  While not successful enough to have a win yet, the bengals have played tough in all three of their games.  Despite not getting much in the way of protection, Burrow has kept the Bengals in all three of their games.  The question for me is can the Jaguars pressure Burrow and give him the rookie yips considering the Jaguars traded away Yannick Ngakoue and Calais Campbell and defensive coordinator Wash seems completely averse to blitzing, much to the chagrin of many fans.  James Robinson has played well at RB, and in many ways looks like an upgrade over Fournette.  At the end of the day, I don't think the Jaguars pressure Burrow enough to stop him from having a good game.  Bengals win 27-21.

Indianapolis (2-1) at Chicago (3-0)-The Bears have switched to former Eagles/Jaguars QB Nick Foles.  But this is a game where neither team seems as good as their records indicate.  I think the Bears have enough offense and difference makers on defense to pul off the home win over the Colts 24-22.

Last Week:  3-1
Overall:  7-3

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

*My picks for this week*

Steelers
Texans
Bengals
Clots

Last week:   3-1
Overall    :   6-4
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Overall 6-4
Steelers
Minnesota
Jaguars
Colts

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

6-4 overall for the season. Oof.

Let's go with:

Steelers over tacks
Vikings over Houston
Bungles over Jags
Bears over Clots

3-1 last week
6-4 overall

Vikings over Texans
Bengals over Jaguars
Bears over Colts
Steelers over Titans

Big 0-fer this week for the AFC South
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 10:15 AM by SamusAranX.)

Game postponed indefinitely for tacks-squealers, so my picks revised:

Vikings over tinhorns
Bungles over Jags
Bears over Clots

Football rivalry and jest aside, get well soon to any affected Titan's players!

2-2 last week. 7-3 oveall.

this week games i will take 

Texans

Bears

Bengals

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 01:07 PM by Mikey.)

Edit to add last week records, 3-1 for the week, 6-4 overall.

Bullseye, you're a bigger person than a lot of us. You're right that the outbreak should not be a joking matter. The game appears to be cancelled, but should have been a gimme for all of us - ol' Rog should call the game a forfeit, and we move on. Oh well, we shall revisit everyone's opportunity to pick the Steelers in a few weeks.

tinhorns 27 Vikes 20: A hard fought battle, and HOU is absolutely battle-tested three weeks into the season. I think the Vikes fall short in resiliency, and the streak of losses leave them demoralized. At the end of the season, are either of these coaches still employed by their current teams?

Bengals 31 Jax 27: The best football player to come out of Athens since Dave Zastudil (look him up you P5 cretins!) finally gets a win. The Jags porous pass D makes one mistake too many and the offense run out of time to overcome the deficit. Think we can recreate history and get CJ in Tee Higgins' head, and see another Bungle WR ejected before halftime?

Burrs 17 Indynoplace 15: I hold no ill will toward Nick Foles. I hold a lot of ill will toward the horseshoes. Foles will have a much bigger challenge after shaking off the rust against a meager Falcons D last week.

3-1 last week
6-4 overall

Jags over Bengals, I think this team is just better than what we saw last week. This is the first week we are playing a QB with less than 9 years of experience. I am optimistic he will make rookie mistakes.

Colts over Bears, They made Foles look bad last year. I don’t see why they can’t do it again. I hope he wins of course, but I think this one favors the Colts, and Indy just grinds them down.

Texans over Vikings, either way one of these teams will start to spiral at 0-4 and Jags fans should be happy. The Texans have to be licking their chops to face a team that isn’t competing for the super bowl.

Steelers over Titans, on the off chance they play.

7-3 so far

This week I'll take
Colts
Vikings
Steelers
Jags

8-2 this season

Jags
Texans
Bears
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2020, 11:14 AM by homebiscuit.)

Last week: 3-1
Overall: 7-3

This week: 
Jags - I'm going strictly by heart because my head tells me Burrow is getting better every game and will absolutely exploit our weak secondary to dig another deep hole in the first half for our offense to climb out of.
tacks - Lewan is questionable for the game and that's not good for the tacks, however, the Steelers didn't make as strong of a showing last week as I expected and Tennessee's secondary will keep Big Ben mostly in check. Tannehill is on fire and Henry is always ready to keep the run defense on its toes.  Oops. I haven't updated myself and was going on the last I heard of a possible Monday game. Never mind!
tinhorns - Both teams are playing bad right now but Houston has more upside.
Da Bears - Chicago is a better team and Foles is leading the offensive charge now.

Standing at 7-3. I think I'm gonna go with

Vikings
Jags
Bears

Overall 7-3

JAGS
tinhorns
BEARS

BENGALS
TEXANS
COLTS

2-2 last week
7-3 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Last Week - 3-1
Overall - 7-3

Pittsburgh - Titans should be forfeiting as they can't play
Houston
Cincinnati
Chicago

Jaguars
Texans
Bears

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

3-1 last week so 6-4 overall.

Going Bengals, Texans, colts, and Steelers.

After the dolphins game I can't pick the Jaguars again until I see some defensive improvement. The Vikings appear to have gotten a bad case of the Jags by trading for one of our players. As for the colts, I just don't believe in Foles, and if the colts coach weren't a moron on fourth down in the game against the Jaguars they'd be 3-0. Finally, the hated tacks are due for a loss against a quality team.

2-2 last week
7-3 overall

Jags
Texans
Bears

6-4 on the season.

Texans
Jaguars
Colts