Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Pitts

(12-20-2020, 01:56 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jags need to do whatever it takes to get this guy. Generational TE. Trade out of #2 and get him. We will regret it if we don't.

Arguably the best pro prospect I've seen coming out of UF.

I believe Pitts could very well go in the top 10. Hunter Henry is an UFA at the end of the season and the Chargers will be looking for someone to replace him. Imagine Pitts going to Los Angeles and catching passes from Herbert. If they could sure up the O-Line in round 2, that would be a scary offense. He may be the best pass catcher in the entire draft and that includes WR's. He may even be taken ahead of Ja'Marr Chase and DeVonta Smith. This may be the best group of receivers (WR's and TE's) to entire the draft in a long time. 

On a different note, Najee Harris looks like he was tailor-made for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-20-2020, 12:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jags need to do whatever it takes to get this guy. Generational TE. Trade out of #2 and get him. We will regret it if we don't.

There was a mock that had the cowboys taking him at #4.  Jaguars should just draft him at 2 cus Fields isnt the one.

(12-20-2020, 08:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

There was a mock that had the cowboys taking him at #4.  Jaguars should just draft him at 2 cus Fields isnt the one.

There is no way I take a TE #2 when we don't have a QB. As good as he is, his talents would be wasted here without someone to get him the ball.

(12-20-2020, 08:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: There was a mock that had the cowboys taking him at #4.  Jaguars should just draft him at 2 cus Fields isnt the one.

There is no way I take a TE #2 when we don't have a QB. As good as he is, his talents would be wasted here without someone to get him the ball.

Minshew can get him the ball for the time being with dink and dunks galore.

(12-20-2020, 08:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: There was a mock that had the cowboys taking him at #4.  Jaguars should just draft him at 2 cus Fields isnt the one.

Pitts will be a better pro than Fields. The new GM needs to figure out how to get out of the 2nd spot and get Pitts. Reaching for a QB with our draft capital would be devastating.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 10:52 AM by Newton.)

Yeah I’m concerned about Fields after a couple of the stinker games he has put out this year. At first, I blew it off, but yesterday was troubling. Too many games this year with multiple picks. Some teams have figured something out on him.

(12-20-2020, 09:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is no way I take a TE #2 when we don't have a QB. As good as he is, his talents would be wasted here without someone to get him the ball.

Pitts will be a better pro than Fields. The new GM needs to figure out how to get out of the 2nd spot and get Pitts. Reaching for a QB with our draft capital would be devastating.

While I agree Pitts is so much more talented than Fields, I am also a huge believer in Zach Wilson and would not hesitate to take him at #2. I see Pat Mahomes like qualities in this kid. With that said, there is no guarantee he declares and if he doesn't I trade down out of the #2 spot to anyone willing to pony up a 2022 first round pick. That would give us 2 first rounders in that draft to try and move up to acquire a QB then. The difference is that I move down with the idea that I'm going to draft OT Christian Darrisaw of Virginia Tech. 

There is no doubt that OT Penei Sewell is a generational talent and we could stay put and take him at #2, but what if we could trade down a bit, get a 2022 first rounder and take an OT almost as good? Darrisaw is having a phenomenal season. In fact, he is graded by PFF as having the same score as Penei Sewell had in 2019. Both scores are the highest they've given OT's since 2014. Darrisaw is a tremendous pass protector and is just as good, if not better at run blocking. I did not expect him to declare, but he did and now, I believe if the QB isn't there at #2, we gotta acquire draft picks for 2022 and get a really good OT. I also like Liam Eichenberg of Notre Dame, but Darrisaw is significantly better.

There is no doubt that Pitts is a fantastic player and imo, one of the top 7-10 players in this draft, but I have two OT's (Sewell and Darrisaw) in my top 5 and with that being such a huge need, I think we have to land one of them if we can. As good as Pitts is, we can go onto be a good team without drafting him. If we pass up on an elite LT, how are we gonna protect a franchise QB? 

Pitts would be a luxury. LT is a huge need. There is also 3 more TE's in this draft that I like a lot as well, Pat Freiermuth of Penn State, Brevin Jordan of Miami and Charlie Kolar of Iowa State. We could get one of those guys in the 2-4 rounds and we'd upgrade the position significantly.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 12:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

There are 3 perinial All Pros in this draft imo. Lawrence, Sewell, and Pitts. Hopefully we get one of them

(12-20-2020, 12:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There are 3 perinial All Pros in this draft imo.  Lawrence, Sewell, and Fields.  Hopefully we get one of them

???????????? Please tell me you're joking.  Huh

(12-20-2020, 12:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There are 3 perinial All Pros in this draft imo.  Lawrence, Sewell, and Fields.  Hopefully we get one of them

???????????? Please tell me you're joking.  Huh

Lol, I was reading the Fields thread while typing.  Fixed, you know I'm not high on Fields like a few others because of the mocks that had us taking him.  Hopefully the mocks change then I think people will get off of him going 2 to the Jags

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 12:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-20-2020, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: ???????????? Please tell me you're joking.  Huh

Lol, I was reading the Fields thread while typing.  Fixed, you know I'm not high on Fields like a few others because of the mocks that had us taking him.  Hopefully the mocks change then I think people will get off of him going 2 to the Jags

I thought so. I didn't think you'd do a 180 on Fields after yesterday's game. LOL. Personally, I believe the top 10 prospects are Penei Sewell, Zach Wilson, Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Christian Darrisaw, Trevor Lawrence, Kyle Pitts, Zaven Collins, Jaylen Twyman and Gregory Rousseau.

(12-20-2020, 12:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, I was reading the Fields thread while typing.  Fixed, you know I'm not high on Fields like a few others because of the mocks that had us taking him.  Hopefully the mocks change then I think people will get off of him going 2 to the Jags

I thought so. I didn't think you'd do a 180 on Fields after yesterday's game. LOL. Personally, I believe the top 10 prospects are Penei Sewell, Zach Wilson, Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith,  Christian Darrisaw, Trevor Lawrence, Kyle Pitts, Zaven Collins, Jaylen Twyman and Gregory Rousseau.

Pat Freirmuth is not the explosive receiver that Pitts is, but he is a much better blocker. It wouldn't surprise me that 3 years from now he will be a pro bowler. He has not played lately due to injury and may slide to the end of round 1 where the Jaguars can take him. Twyman has also sat out this season and it wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars could take him with their 1st pick in round 2. 

Sewell, Freirmuth and Twyman would be excellent building blocks for the future and would provide the best possible value for the top of the 2021 draft. With the remaining picks and free agency, they should further strengthen both lines.

We would need a progressive coaching staff who will use him as a true offensive weapon and not one that will try to turn him into a traditional two way TE. If a team does the latter with him it's going to be the same ole slow developing useless first year, mediocre second year, and then finally things start clicking year 3 when his rookie deal is more than half way over.

(12-20-2020, 01:43 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I thought so. I didn't think you'd do a 180 on Fields after yesterday's game. LOL. Personally, I believe the top 10 prospects are Penei Sewell, Zach Wilson, Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith,  Christian Darrisaw, Trevor Lawrence, Kyle Pitts, Zaven Collins, Jaylen Twyman and Gregory Rousseau.

Pat Freirmuth is not the explosive receiver that Pitts is, but he is a much better blocker. It wouldn't surprise me that 3 years from now he will be a pro bowler. He has not played lately due to injury and may slide to the end of round 1 where the Jaguars can take him. Twyman has also sat out this season and it wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars could take him with their 1st pick in round 2. 

Sewell, Freirmuth and Twyman would be excellent building blocks for the future and would provide the best possible value for the top of the 2021 draft. With the remaining picks and free agency, they should further strengthen both lines.

While Pitts is undoubtedly the most electric TE we've seen in years, with Freiermuth's superb blocking ability, he may be a more complete TE. It all depends on what kind of TE you are looking for. 

Outside of getting a franchise QB, I agree 100%. I'd love a draft with Sewell, Freiermuth and Twyman.

(12-20-2020, 02:12 PM)Upper Wrote: We would need a progressive coaching staff who will use him as a true offensive weapon and not one that will try to turn him into a traditional two way TE. If a team does the latter with him it's going to be the same ole slow developing useless first year, mediocre second year, and then finally things start clicking year 3 when his rookie deal is more than half way over.

Agreed. He needs to be used almost as a WR. Kinda like Jimmy Graham was used early in his career. Graham wasn't much of a blocker, but in his heyday he was one of the most dangerous receivers in the NFL.

It's official. Pitts declares for the draft today.

Pitts not playing in the meaningless bowl game is a great decision for him.

Preserve his draft status and health - because he's proved his worth with his play.

(12-20-2020, 08:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

This would be peak jaguaring.

Call me gunshy, but the injuries keeping him out of games this year has me nervous. He's already had his bell rung a few times, and it's not going to get better. If he's there at our second pick, I might take him for the value, but I am worried that he's going to spend a lot of time on the injury report, and we've already got that with guys that we spent a whole lot less to have on the roster.

If we managed to get TLaw, would you make a big package to move the rams pick to get in position to get pitts if available?

(12-21-2020, 07:50 PM)SnowJaguar Wrote: If we managed to get TLaw, would you make a big package to move the rams pick to get in position to get pitts if available?

No. We need to get OT's to protect Lawrence. That is priority one.