Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Pitts

(12-21-2020, 07:50 PM)SnowJaguar Wrote: If we managed to get TLaw, would you make a big package to move the rams pick to get in position to get pitts if available?

As much as I love Pitts no I wouldnt.  You would have to move way up as Pitts most likely goes top 10

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As much as I love Pitts, drafting TE is just such a fools errand. We have a boatload of cap space we should make Hunter Henry a top priority and draft OL.

If Pitts fell to our 2nd 1st round pick it would be a no brainer but he isnt falling that far

(12-21-2020, 09:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Pitts fell to our 2nd 1st round pick it would be a no brainer but he isnt falling that far

An intriguing proposition.  Adding a guy like Pitts to Trevor Lawrence and our existing receivers would provide Lawrence a bunch of good matchups.

But for me it would depend on whether we have managed to upgrade the OL and what else is available at our second first round pick.  I am inclined to fix the OL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-21-2020, 10:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 09:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Pitts fell to our 2nd 1st round pick it would be a no brainer but he isnt falling that far

An intriguing proposition.  Adding a guy like Pitts to Trevor Lawrence and our existing receivers would provide Lawrence a bunch of good matchups.

But for me it would depend on whether we have managed to upgrade the OL and what else is available at our second first round pick.  I am inclined to fix the OL.
We would still have 10 picks left along with 2 2nds to work on the oline.  Sewell is the only lineman I would take over Pitts and he is going top 3.  I think this is moot though because I dont see Pitts making it out of the top 10

(12-21-2020, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 10:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: An intriguing proposition.  Adding a guy like Pitts to Trevor Lawrence and our existing receivers would provide Lawrence a bunch of good matchups.

We would still have 10 picks left along with 2 2nds to work on the oline.  Sewell is the only lineman I would take over Pitts and he is going top 3.  I think this is moot though because I dont see Pitts making it out of the top 10

Agreed. If somehow the Rams lost out and our 2nd first improved to 18ish, we'd have to move up at least 8 spots for Pitts. Not sure what that would cost but I'm guessing our first and our first 2nd?
He's a monster but I'm not sure worth that move and I'm about as big of a Pitts fan as you'll find.

(12-22-2020, 10:35 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We would still have 10 picks left along with 2 2nds to work on the oline.  Sewell is the only lineman I would take over Pitts and he is going top 3.  I think this is moot though because I dont see Pitts making it out of the top 10

Agreed. If somehow the Rams lost out and our 2nd first improved to 18ish, we'd have to move up at least 8 spots for Pitts. Not sure what that would cost but I'm guessing our first and our first 2nd?
He's a monster but I'm not sure worth that move and I'm about as big of a Pitts fan as you'll find.

Absolutely worth it if we are talking a possible hall of famer tight end with Tlaw at the helm. Would you have traded that first and our 2nd to draft Gronk? Sure it’s a gamble- but you see what years of playing it safe has gotten us.

I would trade our 2nd 1st and the 2nd round pick we got from the Vikings for Pitts. Especially if we got Trent Williams in FA. T Law and Pitts, along with the rest of our guys on offense would be a matchup nightmare.

(12-22-2020, 12:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I would trade our 2nd 1st and the 2nd round pick we got from the Vikings for Pitts.  Especially if we got Trent Williams in FA. T Law and Pitts, along with the rest of our guys on offense would be a matchup nightmare.

Shiny toys only make sense if you have blocking. The entire line needs to be upgraded first. Then we can look at toys.

(12-22-2020, 12:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 12:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I would trade our 2nd 1st and the 2nd round pick we got from the Vikings for Pitts.  Especially if we got Trent Williams in FA. T Law and Pitts, along with the rest of our guys on offense would be a matchup nightmare.

Shiny toys only make sense if you have blocking. The entire line needs to be upgraded first. Then we can look at toys.

Naw, its mostly been the tackles which is why we bring in Trent Williams, you still have about 9 more picks to add to the oline if you would like. Norwell isn't bad and Linder is a good center.  I think coaching is a big thing as well as Taylor has regressed since being drafted.  We don't need 5 new guys on the oline

(12-22-2020, 12:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 12:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Shiny toys only make sense if you have blocking. The entire line needs to be upgraded first. Then we can look at toys.

Naw, its mostly been the tackles which is why we bring in Trent Williams, you still have about 9 more picks to add to the oline if you would like. Norwell isn't bad and Linder is a good center.  I think coaching is a big thing as well as Taylor has regressed since being drafted.  We don't need 5 new guys on the oline
Hey I’m all on board with Trent Williams, I wanted us to trade for him so badly. Anyways, I agree with the coaching part... but isn’t it crazy our HC is an OFFENSIVE LINE COACH... and our line has gotten worse year after year?

Norwell and Linder have played well this season, but Linder always seems to miss a few games with injuries. Cann has improved, but I still don't trust him not to revert back to his 2019 form and both of our OT's have been unmitigated disasters. We need a lot of help here.

If we trade 25 and the two 2nds it gets us all the way up to the 5 pick. I'd do it in heartbeat. Pitts is going top10, how high, that's the question? Like you said earlier,  there's three perennial all pros, why not go after two of them?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

If we're trading up high enough to get Pitts we should be doing it for Darrisaw. We all know how TE work on their first contract. Giving up all of that draft capital in order to count on a guy to be an extreme outlier is not wise.

(12-22-2020, 02:55 PM)Upper Wrote: If we're trading up high enough to get Pitts we should be doing it for Darrisaw. We all know how TE work on their first contract. Giving up all of that draft capital in order to count on a guy to be an extreme outlier is not wise.

If we're doing that then let's give the Jets a future first, the 25th pick and both seconds to select Sewell. I'd be down. I think Darrisaw is being severely overrated. He's not a top ten pick.

(12-22-2020, 01:32 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

If we trade 25 and the two 2nds it gets us all the way up to the 5 pick. I'd do it in heartbeat. Pitts is going top10, how high, that's the question? Like you said earlier,  there's three perennial all pros, why not go after two of them?

I know people value Pitts highly but top 10 seems way too high for a TE, unless you think he will be game changer by at least his 2nd season. Best ones in the NFL right now are all generally mid round picks. Hock and Fant have flashed a bit but still a ways from being top tier; and both are nearly done with their 2nd seasons.

(12-22-2020, 03:16 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 02:55 PM)Upper Wrote: If we're trading up high enough to get Pitts we should be doing it for Darrisaw. We all know how TE work on their first contract. Giving up all of that draft capital in order to count on a guy to be an extreme outlier is not wise.

If we're doing that then let's give the Jets a future first, the 25th pick and both seconds to select Sewell. I'd be down. I think Darrisaw is being severely overrated. He's not a top ten pick.

I doubt the Jets would wanna move all the way from #2 to #25. That's a huge tumble.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 03:41 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

(12-22-2020, 03:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 03:16 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If we're doing that then let's give the Jets a future first, the 25th pick and both seconds to select Sewell. I'd be down. I think Darrisaw is being severely overrated. He's not a top ten pick.

I doubt the Jets would wanna move all the way from #2 to #25. That's a huge tumble.

I get it. To me that's a lock that the Jets take Sewell. After that we could easily trade up and take Pitts. He's by far the best skill player in the draft plus it's an area of need. I'd trade up for him, franchise Robinson and revisit the position next offseason.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 07:54 AM by The Real Marty.)

A lot of times, it looks like bad pass blocking when in reality it's the QB holding the ball too long, and a lot of times, the QB holds the ball too long because no one is open.  That's why the pass blocking and the weapons go together.  So it's not as simple as "we need to shore up the pass blocking first."

A 6'6" QB who can throw accurately, plus a 6'6" TE with a huge catch radius and great hands seems like an unstoppable combination.  If we land Trevor Lawrence, and we have a chance to trade up for Kyle Pitts, I'd be awfully tempted to do it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-makeo...53575.html

"Trading their second first-rounder, along with their first second-rounder (No. 34 overall right now) and a late pick, could be enough to land somewhere in the teens. It Pitts slips out of the top 10 and is available, the Jaguars must think about doing what it takes to get him."

Lawrence and Pitts or Lawrence, Ford, Cosmi, Long. I'll take the former