Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bill O'Brien fired

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 05:03 PM by mal234.)

According to Adam Schefter and other reporters on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...6980946944

Not too long ago it seemed like Bill wasn't that worried about his job security. And now this happens.

Hopefully the chaos there will help us this week!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 05:06 PM by mal234.)

(10-05-2020, 05:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...46944?s=20

I wonder who will take over as interim HC now?

ETA: I just saw another report that their interim HC is likely to be Romeo Crennel.

(10-05-2020, 05:04 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...46944?s=20

I wonder who will take over as interim HC now?

Romeo Crennel

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 05:10 PM by mal234.)

(10-05-2020, 05:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:04 PM)mal234 Wrote: I wonder who will take over as interim HC now?

Romeo Crennel

I wonder how this will impact their game planning moving forward including this Sunday against the Jags. Definitely a big move for this team after Bill O' Brien continued to make disappointing and questionable decisions regarding this team. Granted the Texans did have really tough opening part of the schedule, but it looks like even taking that into consideration ownership had finally had enough with Bill. He's now officially the first coach to be fired this season. I think that some other coaches are on the hot seat as well, especially the ones that have really bad records like Dan Quinn. Adam Gase too.

(10-05-2020, 05:03 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Hopefully the chaos there will help us this week!

When is Bologna and Dave Gone?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 05:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-05-2020, 05:08 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Romeo Crennel

I wonder how this will impact their game planning moving forward including this Sunday against the Jags. Definitely a big move for this team after Bill O' Brien continued to make disappointing and questionable decisions regarding this team. Granted the Texans did have really tough opening part of the schedule, but it looks like even taking that into consideration ownership had finally had enough with Bill.  He's now officially the first coach to be fired this season. I think that some other coaches are on the hot seat as well, especially the ones that have really bad records like Dan Quinn. Adam Gase too.

For sure, him and Gase. I think this gives us a better chance to win honestly.

He starting knitting the noose with the Hopkins trade, then handed it to the owners completed with the 0-4 start

Maybe we can win this weekend

The rest of the AFC South are in mourning!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-05-2020, 05:03 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Hopefully the chaos there will help us this week!

Help us what? Damage our draft position?

(10-05-2020, 05:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Help us what? Damage our draft position?

Help us win

(10-05-2020, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:08 PM)mal234 Wrote: I wonder how this will impact their game planning moving forward including this Sunday against the Jags. Definitely a big move for this team after Bill O' Brien continued to make disappointing and questionable decisions regarding this team. Granted the Texans did have really tough opening part of the schedule, but it looks like even taking that into consideration ownership had finally had enough with Bill.  He's now officially the first coach to be fired this season. I think that some other coaches are on the hot seat as well, especially the ones that have really bad records like Dan Quinn. Adam Gase too.

For sure, him and Gase.  I think this gives us a better chance to win honestly.

The Jags were like a 6.5 underdog to the Texans before this firing. I wonder if and/or how this might change the line on this game.  I hope it gives the Jags a better chance to win, but you never know. The Texans could end up playing better without Bill around.

(10-05-2020, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:08 PM)mal234 Wrote: I wonder how this will impact their game planning moving forward including this Sunday against the Jags. Definitely a big move for this team after Bill O' Brien continued to make disappointing and questionable decisions regarding this team. Granted the Texans did have really tough opening part of the schedule, but it looks like even taking that into consideration ownership had finally had enough with Bill.  He's now officially the first coach to be fired this season. I think that some other coaches are on the hot seat as well, especially the ones that have really bad records like Dan Quinn. Adam Gase too.

For sure, him and Gase.  I think this gives us a better chance to win honestly.

[Image: ClearcutFlawedAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif]

as long as doug is the HC,and tuing our qbs with high potiontial jags are not winning another game ever.  only reason they have a win is the gifts from rivers.  jags are the worst 0-16 team ever in nfl history, they would be if it wasn't for the gifts from rivers. 

Texans HC fireing won't help us  this team is worst jags team ever. 12 just born babies with a just born baby as all staff from gm to head coach would  destroy this jags team. doug has killed any winning sprirt they had,and destroyed the confidence of minshew.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I hope they don't steal Bienemy or Daboll.

Kinda funny they let him trade Hopkins and now they fire him xD
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

You guys think BOB is a good coach/GM?

I mean, I fully expect Texans to destroy us now that they don't have him anymore.

We're going to lose by a million, who are you trying to kid?

It makes sense that they let him go over the bye week.