Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tentative TWITAFCS Week 5 picks thread

(10-09-2020, 05:34 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 04:40 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: 8-5 overall

Texans over Jags
Browns over colts
Bills over tacks

8-5 over all.  

colts over browns

tittians over bills

texans over jags no way jags win  with doug as HC. only thing jags are best at this year is loseing to winless teams.

2-1 this week.   10-6  overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 11:08 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-10-2020, 03:01 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Jags
Colts
Bills
0-3
8-8 overall

Don’t know why I picked the jags

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Kind of a bad week for me, but huge kudos to Bullseye who is killing it so far this season.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-11-2020, 12:18 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: 8-5 season

Texans
Browns
Bills (sigh)

2-1 
10-6

I may start picking against the tacks every week
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(10-09-2020, 02:25 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-1 last week
8-5 overall

Texans over Jaguars
Colts over Browns
Bills over Titans

2-1 this week
10-6 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-10-2020, 01:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 10:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: We're all hoping Bullseye is just busy and not able to get the great breakdowns we're so used to seeing around here. We truly are spoiled by your talents, friend!

Here's the schedule, I'm not going to even try to produce a write-up on Bullseye's (Or Kodiak's for that matter!) level:

JAX @ HOU
IND @ CLE
BUF @ TEN (Tues, for now)

My picks:

tinhorns 32 Jags 27 - Addition by subtraction, the tinhorns give the home fans something to cheer for. Even if only for one week, the team plays with heart and overwhelms the Jags' D. As we saw last week, the Jags make a game of it, but just don't have enough to overcome the porous D.

Browns 21 indynoplace 17 - A very intriguing matchup. Cleveland looked great last week, but not sure if that wasn't just a symptom of playing Dallas' D. The horseshoes give them a tougher challenge, and I could see this going either way. I'll give the nod to the home crowd.

Buffalo 1 tacks 0 - This should be a win by forfeit. The team needs to be quarantined until the string of positives stop. Eventually, we will run out of schedule to keep kicking cans down the road. Make an example of those who violate your mandates, Roger.

I want to say I was 1-2 last week, 7-6 on the year.

Thank you for the well wishes and kind words.  Fortunately I was preoccupied with happenings at work and was not burdened with something worse.  Many other connot say the samem and for that I am saddened yet fortunate.  Thank you for picking up the slack.  Good job!

As for my picks

Jaguars (1-3) at Texans (0-4)-Rarely have I seen so many Jaguars fans so pessimistic about a game going up against a winless opponent.  Despire all of the Texans deficiencies, I can't really see the Jaguars exploiting many of them.  Houston gets the win for Romeo Crennel.  Texans win 34-23.

Indy (3-1) at Cleveland (3-1)  I think I was a bit hard on Indy's defense,  I figured they were trending upward going into this season, but I overreacted to our win over them.  But they have been playing well since then and have given up 14 ppg overall, going against a Cleveland team who, after four weeks, seems to have found their coach in Kevin Stefanski, coming off a game in Dallas where they almost put up 50.  However, Cleveland's defense hasn't quite put it all together.  If we had full stadiums, I might give the edge to Cleveland.  But I will go with Indy here 26-20.

Buffahole (4-0)at Tennessee (3-0) pending-Despite my overwhelming passion for football, I steadfastly refuse to play fantasy football because I want my allegiances pure.  If I play fantasy football, I might want a player to do well, when, under normal circumstances, such a performance would go against every fiber of my naturall allegiances/hatreds.  This week, I'm finding a similar dynamic playing out when it comes to wagering against my obnoxious Bills fan buddy.  We have three different seasonal bets going on.  1. He asserts the Dolphins will fire their coach by season's end.  This bet is related to his rampant Bills homerism, and his resistance to my three year old prediction that Tua Tagoavila would be a top 5 pick.  2.  That the Bills would win home field advantage.  3.  And finally, that the Bills would reach the Super Bowl.  The final two are based in his rampant Bills homerism and the fat, for the first time in a while, the Bills may have a good team.  All of this to say that under normal circumstances, I would be rooting like hell for the Bills.  But because he can be such a pain in the [BLEEP] about his Nills, I am actually inclined to root for the tacks.  Either possibility surrounding this gives me nausea.  If the game is played, I have the tacks winning 24-20, but I don't see this Tennessee defense being as tough as they have been in recent years.

Last Week: 2-1
Overall:  9-4

This week:  2-1
Overall:  11-5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-09-2020, 10:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: My picks:

tinhorns 32 Jags 27 - Addition by subtraction, the tinhorns give the home fans something to cheer for. Even if only for one week, the team plays with heart and overwhelms the Jags' D. As we saw last week, the Jags make a game of it, but just don't have enough to overcome the porous D.

Browns 21 indynoplace 17 - A very intriguing matchup. Cleveland looked great last week, but not sure if that wasn't just a symptom of playing Dallas' D. The horseshoes give them a tougher challenge, and I could see this going either way. I'll give the nod to the home crowd.

Buffalo 1 tacks 0 - This should be a win by forfeit. The team needs to be quarantined until the string of positives stop. Eventually, we will run out of schedule to keep kicking cans down the road. Make an example of those who violate your mandates, Roger.

I want to say I was 1-2 last week, 7-6 on the year.

2-1, because Goodell has no spine. 9-7 on the year.

(10-11-2020, 11:02 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'll take:

Texans
Colts
Bills

0-3 Last week
8-5 Overall

1-2 This week
9-7 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-14-2020, 10:08 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 02:25 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-1 last week
8-5 overall

Texans over Jaguars
Colts over Browns
Bills over Titans

2-1 this week
10-6 overall

Not that I really care, but aren't you 1-2 this week?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-11-2020, 11:14 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: 7-6 on the season

Jags
Colts
Bills

0-3 this weeK

7-9 on the season 

Big oof

(10-14-2020, 12:48 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Kind of a bad week for me, but huge kudos to Bullseye who is killing it so far this season.

Well...compared tho this point last year...yes.  Last year was a disaster.

Still need that undefeated week or three....

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

1-2 this week
10-6 overall