Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taven Bryan - Another first round bust on this Regime's Resume!

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2021, 05:48 PM by RicoTx.)

(06-16-2021, 02:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Charles Sharon anyone? Chad Owens. John Brussard. These guys were camp legends.

Hey coach, let’s talk about Taven once the pads go on. And in the preseason games. He’s on the bubble and the coaches are trying to raise his value. But it ain’t gonna work.

Why in the world would they be trying to 'raise his value'?  You really think somebody would trade for him?  LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

^^ are you saying nobody wants our first round stud?

What an indictment that would be on our old regime if Tavon actually was proven to be useful. I always believed Wash was not the mastermind some made him out to be. 2017 was an anomaly for various reasons, with several pro bowlers that simply could not be retained. I'm actually pulling for Tavon now, just to prove how incompetent the last staff was. I don't really see it, but would be nice.

(06-16-2021, 06:24 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: What an indictment that would be on our old regime if Tavon actually was proven to be useful. I always believed Wash was not the mastermind some made him out to be. 2017 was an anomaly for various reasons, with several pro bowlers that simply could not be retained. I'm actually pulling for Tavon now, just to prove how incompetent the last staff was. I don't really see it, but would be nice.

Taven Bryan has the physical tools, he’s just a little light between the ears. If they can figure out a way to get him to read and react more consistently he’ll be a valuable player.

Yes that 2017 defense was so good at every level.

(06-16-2021, 08:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yes that 2017 defense was so good at every level.

Just not on the sideline.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(06-16-2021, 06:24 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: What an indictment that would be on our old regime if Tavon actually was proven to be useful. I always believed Wash was not the mastermind some made him out to be. 2017 was an anomaly for various reasons, with several pro bowlers that simply could not be retained. I'm actually pulling for Tavon now, just to prove how incompetent the last staff was. I don't really see it, but would be nice.

...wait, some thought Wash a mastermind?

People never cease to amaze me.

Taven Bryan stinks and was an absolutely terrible first round pick.

(06-16-2021, 08:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yes that 2017 defense was so good at every level.

I just rewatched the playoff game against Buffalo from that season. That really was a special defense. It's a shame Caldwell/Coughlin destroyed it almost immediately.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-17-2021, 08:49 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

I just rewatched the playoff game against Buffalo from that season. That really was a special defense. It's a shame Caldwell/Coughlin destroyed it almost immediately.

Yeah, Tom's ways were definitely outdated.  Caldwell got cocky and apparently decided it was easy to put a defense like that together.  And what kind of moron releases the guy that just won the NFL Man of the Year award?  Campbell may have lost half a step, but he still looked like the best player on the field in a few games toward the END of his last season here.

Oh well, it got us to Lawrence.  Hopefully he comes close to living up to the hype.

(06-16-2021, 06:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Taven Bryan has the physical tools, he’s just a little light between the ears. If they can figure out a way to get him to read and react more consistently he’ll be a valuable player.

The old looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane story!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Tater Cakes is dumb as an Oak stump. Nothing the coach can do to fix that problem, especially that crew we had here last year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I bet he pulls a Tyson Alulu goes to another team and becomes pretty good. I think the defense is not ideal for him right now.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(06-17-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:

...wait, some thought Wash a mastermind?

People never cease to amaze me.

Yeah I don’t follow this one either. I don’t think anyone was on the wash bandwagon.