Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft talk based on Two round draft pick watcher thread

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2020, 10:24 PM by JNev.)

If we can’t get Lawrence is Sewell the best we can hope for? Irdk much about Fields and I can’t imagine spending a top 5 pick on Lance at this point. I’d probably inquire about Darnold or see what Dak is gonna cost if that happened

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-19-2020, 10:01 AM)Upper Wrote: I think we'll wind up with the #2 pick.
Thoughts on Fields or Lance?

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 02:53 PM by Upper.)

(10-19-2020, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 10:01 AM)Upper Wrote: I think we'll wind up with the #2 pick.
Thoughts on Fields or Lance?

Evaluations on both are still wide open. I will eagerly be watching Fields' season when it starts Saturday. Lance needs to hit the predraft out of the water since his game tape is already done and it's a very small, albeit spectacular, sample.

Talk about who we might select based on Two Round Thread

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 12:27 PM by rpr52121.)

(10-23-2020, 10:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Even though the Jets have Sam Darnold, a young QB, if they finish with the top spot, I can't see them keeping their coach or GM...but especially the coach.  If a new coach/GM come in, they will want their own guy. 

It is my fervent hope that if the Jets wind up with the top overall pick in this draft, and Trevor Lawrence declares himself draft eligible, somehow the GM and coach are retained, or if a new coach is brought in, it is someone else who views Darnold favorably, and the Jets decide to stock up on draft picks to give Darnold some help, and they trade down with us.

(10-19-2020, 09:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I honestly believe we don't have another winnable game on the schedule. I believe #2 is definitely in play. We'd need a miracle to get to #1 though. The Jets are a complete dumpster fire. They are completely inept on offense.

If we are excluding trades up, yes it will take a miracle.  I don't see the jets winning a game.

But I am hoping that somehow the Jets still manage to believe in Sam Darnold after this season, and dedicate themselves to trading back and giving him some help.

Everyone up here is so fed up with the Jets and Adam Gase. If they are the worst team with 0 or 1 wins at seasons end, I just don't see how they justify keeping Gase.

(09-27-2020, 02:44 AM)newporttom Wrote: That brutal Dolphins game got me thinking about our draft picks again.

According to Tankathon, which calculates Strength of Schedule after each game, here's where we are prior to Sundays (9/27) games:

Rams #1 - #31 - Hard to be worse than that.  Rams do play the Bills. Go Bills

Every Rams win has been against the historically bad NFC East. They will probably get to 7-8 wins just because of that floor, but I still have doubts how good they actually are.

I don't see them keeping Gase.

The GM has been there two years.  Maybe they keep him and fire Gase.  If that happens, perhaps there is still a chance they keep him and he believes in Darnold.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Waddle put for the season

Jets, Redskins and Falcons games all look promising. I have a feeling that the first pick will come down to who loses the next game between the Jaguars and Texans. If the Jags lose, I like their chances at getting Lawrence. If they won, it will greatly complicate their decision. Unless Minshew shows significant improvement, the Jaguars must find their new quarterback during the off-season. Right now, there is way too much time remaining in the season to know who would be the best option after Lawrence. If I had to rank them now, it would look like this:

1. Lawrence- By a large margin.

2. Justin Fields- He looked very solid yesterday. He does have a great line and receivers, but he does have a skillset similar to Russell Wilson and Watson when they were rookies. Many doubted both these guys and have
been proven wrong, especially regarding Wilson. Let's see how he does for the remainder of this season.

3. Sam Darnold- If the Jets do pick 1st, they would likely part with Darnold for one of the Jaguars 2nd round picks. He is looking good today against the Bills despite having little to work with.

4. Zack Wilson- He is definitely intriguing and might be available with the Jaguars' first 2nd round pick.

5. Kyle Trask- The jury is still out on him, but he makes the top 5.

(10-25-2020, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 07:41 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Up to #3

We at least get one of Lawrence, Sewell, or Fields if we want

Only two of those guys are worth top 3 picks.

(10-25-2020, 11:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We at least get one of Lawrence, Sewell, or Fields if we want

Barring some kind of freak accident, those 3 will be the top 3 picks.

We can agree to disagree because I think Fields is definitely worthy of being a top 3 pick after Lawrence and Sewell.

(10-25-2020, 11:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We at least get one of Lawrence, Sewell, or Fields if we want

Fields looked good Saturday.
He's got 7 more games at least. If he puts together a bunch more of those games, it'd be hard to pass on him.

(11-01-2020, 04:02 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Good news with the Rams today. Dolphins up by 18 at the half. Rams have tough schedule remaining so I'd expect the Jags to pick somewhere around 20th with their 2nd pick in round 1.

Vikings are beating the Packers by 14 now so they'll have 2 wins along with Falcons after their win.

Jags won't win more than 1 more time so they will pick no worse than 3rd depending on the Jets and Giants.

Jags will end up with either Lawrence or Fields and have 4 picks in the top 40.

Sewell will be a possibility as well

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 12:54 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-30-2020, 11:06 AM)JNev Wrote: Clearly everything comes down to the Jets winning a game or not. I seriously can't believe I'm hoping for us to go 1-15 but Trevor Lawrence is worth it

I don't see the Jets ever winning a game. My only hope is that Lawrence refuses to go to the Jets. They know this and decide to take Fields instead since they would never get lawrence signed. Lawrence would then be selected by the Jags at #2.

(11-01-2020, 04:02 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Good news with the Rams today. Dolphins up by 18 at the half. Rams have tough schedule remaining so I'd expect the Jags to pick somewhere around 20th with their 2nd pick in round 1.

Vikings are beating the Packers by 14 now so they'll have 2 wins along with Falcons after their win.

Jags won't win more than 1 more time so they will pick no worse than 3rd depending on the Jets and Giants.

Jags will end up with either Lawrence or Fields Sewell and have 4 picks in the top 40.

FTFY

(10-29-2020, 10:36 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 11:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Only two of those guys are worth top 3 picks.

Fields looked good Saturday.
He's got 7 more games at least. If he puts together a bunch more of those games, it'd be hard to pass on him.

His WR's, (particularly Olave) are bailing him out on passes. He's not placing his throws on the numbers and he doesn't throw a tight spiral like an elite QB should. Olave has really impressed me with his ability to go up and get passes in very tight coverage. He and Devonta Smith of Alabama are the best WR's I've seen this season, (not that we need one.) Jaylen Waddle would've been there as well until he got hurt.

[Image: raw]

I am hopeful that the Jets can win a game and give us the Tlaw tiebreaker, but if I were being honest I would happily lock in Fields and Pitts right now.

Fields and Pitts?

Yes. Yes that’ll do just fine.

(11-09-2020, 02:14 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The only way I will start rooting for the Jags to lose is if the Jets lose.  Im a huge Jets fan right now

If we win, though, a Jets win means diddly-poo, if I might borrow from coach Mora.

The draft will take care of itself...

I mean... getting #1 overall and being guaranteed the best QB in the draft is nice.
But there are other paths to digging this franchise out of the cellar.

Including getting a franchise LT at 2 and getting another QB that could be great as well later on (be it trading up or sitting tight at 20 ish)

I swear this fan base think Trevor Lawrence is coming in here and instantly making us a 10 win team without fixing about 10 other things is laughable. And this mind set that if we don't get Lawrence all is lost for the next 10 years is a loser's mentality.
IF there's a new GM/HC in town... hopefully they maneuver this draft correctly no matter where we select and we end up with a better team period. I for one won't be jumping off the nearest bridge or building if we miss out on being the absolute worst team in the NFL this year just for a shot at a particular QB.

(11-09-2020, 03:05 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 02:14 PM)Mikey Wrote: If we win, though, a Jets win means diddly-poo, if I might borrow from coach Mora.

The draft will take care of itself...

I mean... getting #1 overall and being guaranteed the best QB in the draft is nice.
But there are other paths to digging this franchise out of the cellar.

Including getting a franchise LT at 2 and getting another QB that could be great as well later on (be it trading up or sitting tight at 20 ish)

I swear this fan base think Trevor Lawrence is coming in here and instantly making us a 10 win team without fixing about 10 other things is laughable. And this mind set that if we don't get Lawrence all is lost for the next 10 years is a loser's mentality.
IF there's a new GM/HC in town... hopefully they maneuver this draft correctly no matter where we select and we end up with a better team period. I for one won't be jumping off the nearest bridge or building if we miss out on being the absolute worst team in the NFL this year just for a shot at a particular QB.

Agreed. No matter who we get, we're at least 3 years away from being a playoff team. We have a ton of holes to fill and our early round picks from this past draft have been stinking up the place. We need to draft BAP, period! If we don't get Lawrence, we take the BAP (OT Penei Sewell) and I'm thrilled. We then look to our next pick and take the BAP there as well. We can't just force a QB into a slot they don't fit in. That's how we ended up with C.J. Henderson. We needed a CB, so we drafted one ahead of much more talented players at other positions. We drafted for need instead of taking the BAP and we got burned.