Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst player on defense?

(12-08-2020, 02:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s probably already been discussed but where has All World Josh Allen been all year ? I guess those double teams are tougher..

@He dropped 4TD on the niners last night@

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2020, 02:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s probably already been discussed but where has All World Josh Allen been all year ? I guess those double teams are tougher..

When the interior gets 0 push and the other DE gets 0 pressure, the opposing QBs tend to get rid of the ball with ease.
Has he underperformed? Yes. He's been banged up (and currently on IR) and playing on a DL depleted of real talent.
Allen on a line with Campbell and Yan performed very well. He hasn't been doubled that much this year really but lacking any playmakers around him (although Hamilton was coming on nicely) has prevented him from making a lot of the plays he did last year.

I don't think he's a bust and hopefully the new GM addresses 3T and DE properly (either in the draft or FA, or both) and allows Josh Allen to get back to his double digit sack self.

(12-08-2020, 01:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 12:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Happy to see Chaisson with a career day.  I did notice him in the backfield but it always seemed he came in late after Smoot and others.  At least he was back there

Was definitely his best game so far. Easily noticed him a few times which was nice to see. Before Sunday hes been all but invisible. The DL as a whole had their best day rushing the passer this season.

They've also been standing him up a little more in the past couple weeks.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...7194041350
If we don't move to a 3-4 next year, I will be shocked.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-08-2020, 04:41 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 01:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Was definitely his best game so far. Easily noticed him a few times which was nice to see. Before Sunday hes been all but invisible. The DL as a whole had their best day rushing the passer this season.

They've also been standing him up a little more in the past couple weeks.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...7194041350
If we don't move to a 3-4 next year, I will be shocked.

Here we go again...

Tbf it makes much more sense this upcoming season than any other time.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-08-2020, 02:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

He's on IR.

I'm sure it's a coincidence but the DL is much better now than earlier in the season. Yes, without Allen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2020, 12:03 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Taven Bryan can't hold a candle to Tyson Allalau...  and we all thought Tyson was a bust. Man do we have a legacy of just a guys

Allalau is playing great in Pitt.  I think it is the coaching in Jax and not the players.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(12-13-2020, 10:42 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 12:03 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Taven Bryan can't hold a candle to Tyson Allalau...  and we all thought Tyson was a bust. Man do we have a legacy of just a guys

Allalau is playing great in Pitt.  I think it is the coaching in Jax and not the players.

I would put a lot of the responsibility on coaching. The coaches in Jacksonville have mostly been horrible over the years.  A few have stood out that are better. But the coaching is inept overall. Falls on Cauldwell for not hiring new coaches, and ultimately fails on Kahn for not letting Cauldwell go earlier. 

This team has been decimated by poor choices from top to bottom.  We have squandered all of our talent and high draft picks like someone trying to hold water in their hands.

Couple nice reps from Chaisson here. That spin move looking nice. Good see some progress from him these past couple weeks.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...0402200576