Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst player on defense?

(11-07-2020, 05:31 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 12:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not the worst but he might have the worst grade.  And for 10 mil a year by far the worst contract on D so far

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/joe-schobert/10733

Seems weird that Jack went from mediocre to looking pro bowl level once moved from MLB and Schobert went from respectable to garbage once he became MLB here.

Maybe Wash is asking for too much from the position?

It might also be a reflection of how bad our interior D-Line is.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-07-2020, 05:31 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 12:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not the worst but he might have the worst grade.  And for 10 mil a year by far the worst contract on D so far

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/joe-schobert/10733

Seems weird that Jack went from mediocre to looking pro bowl level once moved from MLB and Schobert went from respectable to garbage once he became MLB here.

I think that is more Jack is just playing his natural position.  Jack was also very good at SAM a few years ago. If we win a few games and it puts out of the top 3 or 4 picks. Id honestly look at Micah Parsons

(11-07-2020, 11:26 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 05:31 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Seems weird that Jack went from mediocre to looking pro bowl level once moved from MLB and Schobert went from respectable to garbage once he became MLB here.

It might also be a reflection of how bad our interior D-Line is.

Ray Lewis wasn't effective before they dropped Goose and Ted Washington down in front of him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-08-2020, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:26 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: It might also be a reflection of how bad our interior D-Line is.

Ray Lewis wasn't effective before they dropped Goose and Ted Washington down in front of him.

Hamilton had a great game last week and was probably our best defender and Schobert still had a bad game

(11-08-2020, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ray Lewis wasn't effective before they dropped Goose and Ted Washington down in front of him.

Hamilton had a great game last week and was probably our best defender and Schobert still had a bad game

Ok, and?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Todd Wash is the worst player on defense.

(11-08-2020, 10:45 AM)Jagulars Wrote: Todd Wash is the worst player on defense.

I wish he actually played just so we could see him get destroyed by a big tackle or run over by a running back.

(11-08-2020, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hamilton had a great game last week and was probably our best defender and Schobert still had a bad game

Ok, and?

Anotherwords it might not matter who is in front of Schobert

(11-08-2020, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, and?

Anotherwords it might not matter who is in front of Schobert

So, in his "bad game" that you cite he was in on 9 tackles and the LAC ran the ball with their backs 23 times for about 80 yards. Looks like their Tight Ends had about 6 catches for 50 yards total. What specifically are you referencing to say Schobert had a bad game?

(11-08-2020, 11:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anotherwords it might not matter who is in front of Schobert

So, in his "bad game" that you cite he was in on 9 tackles and the LAC ran the ball with their backs 23 times for about 80 yards. Looks like their Tight Ends had about 6 catches for 50 yards total. What specifically are you referencing to say Schobert had a bad game?

He got beat a number of times, gave up some passes, and missed tackles.  I dont care about the stats, did you watch the game?  You think he had a good game?

(11-08-2020, 01:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 11:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So, in his "bad game" that you cite he was in on 9 tackles and the LAC ran the ball with their backs 23 times for about 80 yards. Looks like their Tight Ends had about 6 catches for 50 yards total. What specifically are you referencing to say Schobert had a bad game?

He got beat a number of times, gave up some passes, and missed tackles.  I dont care about the stats, did you watch the game?  You think he had a good game?

No, I was out of market, that's why I'm asking you. Again, the offense that he's traditionally responsible for didn't do much, so you must've seen something that isn't in the numbers. Beaten a number of times by who? The tight ends had 6 short catches, the backs didn't get much yardage, so it doesn't look like he got beat that much.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-08-2020, 01:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 01:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He got beat a number of times, gave up some passes, and missed tackles.  I dont care about the stats, did you watch the game?  You think he had a good game?

No, I was out of market, that's why I'm asking you.

Oh ok.  Even the commentators was talking about the poor play of Schobert.  But yeah, hes been bad all season even in coverage and that was at one time one of his strengths.  Hopefully he plays better the 2nd half of the season or he might be gone next year even if it means eating the dead money

Dare I say it feels like the defense is... improving?!?

Nope!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-23-2020, 08:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Nope!

Eh, they were 31st in EPA, and up to about 25 or so now. 

They've made good strides in rush defense.

Defense does look to be improving. I’d agree with that.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 09:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-22-2020, 01:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Wilson is awful.

Our D is much better when Wilson plays and thats for certain 

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...00224?s=19

SS is a much bigger need than FS although I have liked what I've seen from Thomas

(11-23-2020, 09:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 01:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Wilson is awful.

Our D is much better when Wilson plays and thats for certain 

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...00224?s=19

SS is a much bigger need than FS although I have liked what I've seen from Thomas

I agree. He doesn't make a lot of big plays but doesn't allow a lot either. The secondary always seems much more settled when he's back there.

Chaisson

(11-23-2020, 09:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Chaisson

sucks?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]