Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson is the best player on this team!

(12-03-2020, 01:53 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know. That shows what good hands he has, but hardly any of those receptions are on RB screens. I'm specifically talking about screen passes.

Wait are you asking for bubble screens? I can’t believe any jag fan would do that after the gabbert years.

He is talking about screens to a RB not a WR so obviously he isn't talking about bubble screens.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 10:01 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-03-2020, 01:53 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know. That shows what good hands he has, but hardly any of those receptions are on RB screens. I'm specifically talking about screen passes.

Wait are you asking for bubble screens? I can’t believe any jag fan would do that after the gabbert years.

Bubble screens go to WR's out in the open. I'm talking about screens to the RB where he has several blockers in front of him to block as he makes it downfield. This play works quite a bit for other teams, but we hardly ever do it. We try bubble screens instead and we do them frequently and they never work, because we throw them to the sideline where the receivers have no blockers. In a true RB screen, a line of 2-3 players are blocking for him down the field.

Does anyone have an update on his injury status? I know he left yesterday's game. I just hope it isn't serious.

(12-21-2020, 02:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Does anyone have an update on his injury status? I know he left yesterday's game. I just hope it isn't serious.

I read somewhere it was expected high ankle sprain. If it is he's probably done for the year. It's a shame too, he was the only dude left on the team worth watching lol.

(12-21-2020, 02:42 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 02:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Does anyone have an update on his injury status? I know he left yesterday's game. I just hope it isn't serious.

I read somewhere it was expected high ankle sprain. If it is he's probably done for the year. It's a shame too, he was the only dude left on the team worth watching lol.

That figures. He's my star RB on my fantasy football team. I have a shot at making the championship. It all comes down to tonight. I have a 2 point lead and Juju Smith-Schuster playing and my buddy has Chase Claypool. If I win, I was needing him next week.

Its time to shelve him away in IR like we did Henderson.

We need to "evaluate" the talent in our depth chart with the remaining two games.

(12-21-2020, 04:00 PM)enigma Wrote: Its time to shelve him away in IR like we did Henderson.

We need to "evaluate" the talent in our depth chart with the remaining two games.

Concur. Everyone seemed high on Devine Ozigbo. He tore it up with the Saints in preseason: give him some first team totes and she how he does. Ditto for Dare Ogunbowale. 
Same for Shaq Quarterman and Quincy Williams at LB. 

Get these guys some exposure to give the new GM/HC a game day view on who to keep/develop and who to toss.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Can't wait to see what he can do with an actual QB and an Offense that isn't (hopefully) trailing behind in points every single possession/game.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1...7692619781

James Robinson is so good, I love his play. Could you imagine what he could do if he had like 4.3 speed tho? Jeez

(02-15-2021, 05:23 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Can't wait to see what he can do with an actual QB and an Offense that isn't (hopefully) trailing behind in points every single possession/game.

You sound like Lenny

It really shows all 32 GM’s don’t have a clue when it comes to drafting. The draft is a total crap shoot.

(02-15-2021, 01:28 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 05:23 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Can't wait to see what he can do with an actual QB and an Offense that isn't (hopefully) trailing behind in points every single possession/game.

You sound like Lenny

??????

(02-15-2021, 04:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It really shows all 32 GM’s don’t have a clue when it comes to drafting. The draft is a total crap shoot.

Not really.

It shows that smaller school/conference players slip through the cracks every single year - and RB is one of the positions where that is most prevalent.  Which is why I always advocate never drafting them early.

(02-15-2021, 04:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It really shows all 32 GM’s don’t have a clue when it comes to drafting. The draft is a total crap shoot.

Drafting will always have an element of risk because college performance is an uncertain indication of how a player performs in the bigs. The draft, many times, is merely an educated guess. 

Many, many first round picks have flamed out while the GOAT almost went undrafted. Player scouting and analytics certainly make the GM’s job a little more definite, but it’s by no means a slam dunk.