Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson is the best player on this team!

(10-30-2020, 09:22 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote: The story is that the RB coach was calling every player on their RB list and getting denied and his wife randomly suggested calling JRob and that's how we got him.

To be fair he said the coach didn't call JRob because they had a draftable grade on him and he assumed he had already been picked up by a team, but that just raises other concerning questions.

Point being, we got really lucky to have JRob and Dave gets none of the credit. If anything the RB coaches wife is the best GM we've had in more than a decade.

That is quite a story. Not sure I believe it though.

Yeah, if they truly had a draftable grade on him, shouldn't he have been the first RB called?

Signing a starter quality guy as an UDFA is a great find, but doesn't it also point out the mistake of NOT taking him with at least a late pick?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do we look like a team with a plan? This is the team of happy accidents. Everything they intend doesn't work. No one associated with the team seems concerned with winning. I don't know how you roll out this roster and think their is a win or else mandate with ownership.

Does anyone know anything?

Well I know one thing. Robinson is a beast. Sure the offensive line is doing alright by him but overall they are just as inconsistent as always.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-30-2020, 11:28 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:22 AM)Kane Wrote: That is quite a story. Not sure I believe it though.

Yeah, if they truly had a draftable grade on him, shouldn't he have been the first RB called?

Signing a starter quality guy as an UDFA is a great find, but doesn't it also point out the mistake of NOT taking him with at least a late pick?

That's the exact same mistake every single GM in the league makes anytime an UDFA turns out to be a good player.

Obviously no GM thought he was going to be as good as he turned out to be.

J Rob 6th in MJD's RB rankings

https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-week-9...spected-rb

Plan? We don't need no stinkin' plan. 
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
J Rob is ours.  Big Grin
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...20544?s=19

Nice looking chart for the give me positive yards every play crowd.

(11-05-2020, 07:18 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Plan? We don't need no stinkin' plan. 
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
J Rob is ours.  Big Grin

Until he misses a game in order to see his doctor in another city for a 'back injury'.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 10:56 PM by Upper.)

Is anyone worried that we have given him too much of a workload? I've seen enough to hand him the keys to the position for the foreseeable future, maybe giving him 100% of the carries isn't such a great idea so we can have him healthy for the long haul.

I am also still a fan of Ozigbo I'd like to see what he could show in a tandem role down the stretch.

(11-23-2020, 10:55 PM)Upper Wrote: Is anyone worried that we have given him too much of a workload? I've seen enough to hand him the keys to the position for the foreseeable future, maybe giving him 100% of the carries isn't such a great idea so we can have him healthy for the long haul.

I am also still a fan of Ozigbo I'd like to see what he could show in a tandem role down the stretch.

Wasn't a fan when they gave Fournette 90% of the carries, and not a fan of it now. 

Start a 60/40 split.

(11-23-2020, 10:55 PM)Upper Wrote: Is anyone worried that we have given him too much of a workload? I've seen enough to hand him the keys to the position for the foreseeable future, maybe giving him 100% of the carries isn't such a great idea so we can have him healthy for the long haul.

Nope. Keep feeding him. He's leading my fantasy team right into the playoffs. If the Jags can't win any games, I at least need my fantasy team to have some success.

Gruden doesn't give carries to other backs.

He makes this offense so predictable when Robinson isn't in the line up.

No Robinson? The defense knows they can just pin their ears back and go after the QB and cover the short routes. Wasted snap 90% of the time.

(11-24-2020, 03:03 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Wasn't a fan when they gave Fournette 90% of the carries, and not a fan of it now. 

Start a 60/40 split.

Even crazier, it's actually 96% if you take out QB scrambles and Laviska's 11 attempts. 172 for Robinson, 7 for Thompson, and zero for any other RB.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 11:07 PM by Rockman1966.)

Lets put this in perspective. I agree JR is having a ROY, borderline Pro Bowl year. When healthy, he, Jack, Lambo, and Allen are the best players on this team.
The question is how would JR rate on other teams? That’s the tell.
I love the kid. There are building blocks for the future on this team; the youngest team in the NFL. So many holes to fill. ‘21 draft holds the key. Draft a QB, TE, OL, DL, and add depth.
This game comes down to who wins both sides of the line of scrimmage. The opposing QB must go down!

(11-24-2020, 02:57 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 03:03 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Wasn't a fan when they gave Fournette 90% of the carries, and not a fan of it now. 

Start a 60/40 split.

Even crazier, it's actually 96% if you take out QB scrambles and Laviska's 11 attempts. 172 for Robinson, 7 for Thompson, and zero for any other RB.

Another in the long list of reasons why we shouldn't have taken this lame duck staff into this year. Marrone is so desperate to win a game he's leveraging the future. 

Also kinda feel like they want him to get the yardage record for a UDFA so they can point to something with Khan later on.

3rd on rushing right now only behind Henry and Cook. Crazy good, I can't imagine how could he would be with a passing game

(11-25-2020, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 3rd on rushing right now only behind Henry and Cook.  Crazy good, I can't imagine how could he would be with a passing game

Dalvin Cooks crazy he missed games and is still over 1k and barely behind Henry.

(11-25-2020, 01:29 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 3rd on rushing right now only behind Henry and Cook.  Crazy good, I can't imagine how could he would be with a passing game

Dalvin Cooks crazy he missed games and is still over 1k and barely behind Henry.

When he’s not injured cooks is good. Unfortunately he is injured a lot tho. 

Robinson is just more proof how bad a pick Fournette was. I am glad Robinson is getting it done tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-25-2020, 09:40 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Robinson may be the best offensive player.
Jack is the best defensive player.
Lambo, when healthy, is a top 5 K.

Three players do not a team make.  2017 seems a lifetime ago....

This couldn't be any more accurate. completely agree on this assessment. 

Sidney Jones deserves some credit on defense too... after Jack though.

I'll say Josh Allen is the best. Love me some Robinson though.

(11-28-2020, 09:26 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: I'll say Josh Allen is the best.  Love me some Robinson though.

Josh Allen hasn't even been the best player on Defense this season.