Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Car detail

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 06:41 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(10-28-2020, 07:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Question for JFC. Would you recommend using a clay bar before apply the wet wax?

you really only need to clay your car to remove contaminants like tree sap, industrial particles once a year. I do mines in september because thats when you dont have to worry about pollen.  

I use both mothers 2.0...it looks like a red nerf football...that makes claying go that much faster plus if you drop it just rinse it off with water and keep going.

i use clay bars for areas where the panels have groves that the 2.0 can miss.

(10-27-2020, 07:44 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I turned 40 this year, and I finally hit the age where working in the heat really affects me. As in, I have to make sure I'm drinking water, and I'm way more willing to call it a day when it hits about 107 or so haha.

You 40 years young and have 50 more to go. 

But yeah early in the morning is the best time to do it because its actually harder for me to see my work when the sun is fully out.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 06:48 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(10-27-2020, 07:29 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I used to like doing stuff like that when i was about 25 years old or so but nowadays the level of sweat and exhaustion turned it into a major chore.  I was kind of looking forward to it until I was 20 minutes into the job.

I think a lot of laborer jobs fall into that category when one turns 50.  I think the job that I'd hate the most is being one of those dudes that pick up the county residents debris (branches) every single day.  Construction is not my thing either.  Man, I pretty turned into a [BLEEP], now that I just roll out of bed and work from home

Yeah, labor jobs are a [BLEEP].  Especially in the heat.  I, at times wonder why people (or even myself) pay for certain services.  I paid a guy 375.00 to pressure wash a few weeks ago.  I have access to one, a good one at that.  But hired it out.  I get it.   I’d hire JFC to detail in/out of my truck.  I assume that’s a 150- 200 job as well.  Then it dawns on me, that’s EXACTLY how I make my living.  Mowing lawns.  I guess it’s all in what you’re used to.  I’d rather mow 25 lawns in one day than spend 2 hours detailing my truck or pressure washing the house, fence, sidewalk and patio.

The tricky part about both mowing lawns and detailing is weather plays a big part..if it rains a good chunk of the day you lose out. 

Otherwise its a nice gig.

(10-28-2020, 08:09 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 10:19 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:

A garage is a mans best friend in the summertime.

Clearly you have never lived in the north through a winter.   When the wind is blowing the snow sideways and the thermometer is displaying numbers on the wrong side of the 0.......

On days like this, a garage, especially an attached garage, takes on a whole new meaning.

Absolutely plus I dont have to worry about getting rust protection for my cars every year.

My family up north have to change cars every 7-10 years because they dont wanna get a 150.00 coating job.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(10-28-2020, 06:45 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:29 PM)Jags Wrote: Yeah, labor jobs are a [BLEEP].  Especially in the heat.  I, at times wonder why people (or even myself) pay for certain services.  I paid a guy 375.00 to pressure wash a few weeks ago.  I have access to one, a good one at that.  But hired it out.  I get it.   I’d hire JFC to detail in/out of my truck.  I assume that’s a 150- 200 job as well.  Then it dawns on me, that’s EXACTLY how I make my living.  Mowing lawns.  I guess it’s all in what you’re used to.  I’d rather mow 25 lawns in one day than spend 2 hours detailing my truck or pressure washing the house, fence, sidewalk and patio.

The tricky part about both mowing lawns and detailing is weather plays a big part..if it rains a good chunk of the day you lose out. 

Otherwise its a nice gig.

(10-28-2020, 08:09 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Clearly you have never lived in the north through a winter.   When the wind is blowing the snow sideways and the thermometer is displaying numbers on the wrong side of the 0.......

On days like this, a garage, especially an attached garage, takes on a whole new meaning.

Absolutely plus I dont have to worry about getting rust protection for my cars every year.

My family up north have to change cars every 7-10 years because they dont wanna get a 150.00 coating job.
I’m sure rain will welp, “rain on your parade”. But for us, If it rains we still have 160 people wanting their lawns cut and no one seems to want to hold up or mow it.  So we just mow if we’re okay with the rain anything heavy we stop.  Then it’s a matter of wether the lawn is dry enough to mow.  Then insert what I said before.  People don’t want their lawns skipped.  I only have a small handful of people notify not to do it when it’s bad.  The rest seem to want it done no matter what.  We get behind and I have my phone ringing off the hook asking when week be out, despite the email that was sent out regarding us behind behind.  If you have a good lawn guy,  just be nice to him.  There’s so much that goes on behind the scenes plus the labor to make your lawn look magazine ready.  We’re only human.

(10-28-2020, 01:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 07:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wait until you guys hit 50. Body parts that never bothered you before begin to chronically hurt. Only on occasion at first, then with increasing frequency. NSAIDs will become your best friend.

HB we don't have them big white collar brains, we do this thing called manual labor, that ship sailed like 10 years ago lol.

I'm working on work-related surgery 3 already.

I had to Google “manual labor”. 

How horrible.

I’m hoping I get to a point to where I can just buy a new car every time it gets dirty. Until then, I will try JFC’s suggestions. I’m really curious how it turns out. But I’m also curious about how much effort and time I end up putting in it. Sometimes tells me I will end up saying “enough of this”.

Thanks for the advice, JFC. I used the Mothers 2.0 clay bar and the Turtle Wax Ice and Shine. It took many of the blemishes off the paint, including a bunch of wiffle golf ball marks. I use the bed of my truck for a target when practice chipping in the front yard. It feels and looks much smoother. The Turtle Wax was much easier to use than paste and I know the paint is now protected.

>two thumbs up<

I use Lithium Auto Ceramic Slam and it works great.

James Fried Chicken, we just became best buds. I’m deep into the car detail game. I use most of your steps when I wash my car about twice a month.

I’m sponsored by Lithium Auto and they’ve been sending me products for about a year now. We even made one of them there YouTube Channels Smile

(11-16-2020, 12:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: James Fried Chicken, we just became best buds. I’m deep into the car detail game. I use most of your steps when I wash my car about twice a month.

I’m sponsored by Lithium Auto and they’ve been sending me products for about a year now. We even made one of them there YouTube Channels Smile

Link it!

Senor, it’s Car Nation Videos.

(11-16-2020, 02:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Senor, it’s Car Nation Videos.

Subscribed baby. 

Nice ride!

For interiors get tuff stuff it’s amazing
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-29-2020, 06:44 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m hoping I get to a point to where I can just buy a new car every time it gets dirty.  Until then, I will try JFC’s suggestions.  I’m really curious how it turns out.  But I’m also curious about how much effort and time I end up putting in it.  Sometimes tells me I will end up saying “enough of this”.

You should look into starting a Ponzi scheme.  I've been watching American Greed and those people have it really nice for a few years.

(11-16-2020, 04:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Senor, it’s Car Nation Videos.

Subscribed baby. 

Nice ride!

Awesome man, thank you and thank you.

I thought about detailing my truck on my first off week with my newly found knowledge in this thread. Had visions of cleaning ‘er up good and posting on how spectacular the results were. Then I realized I was off for a full week. Said [BLEEP] that. Didn’t do it. The want is there. I just can’t bring myself to do it.

+1 to the guy that made the videos. Watched a few. Keep it going.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 01:43 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(10-29-2020, 06:44 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m hoping I get to a point to where I can just buy a new car every time it gets dirty.  Until then, I will try JFC’s suggestions.  I’m really curious how it turns out.  But I’m also curious about how much effort and time I end up putting in it.  Sometimes tells me I will end up saying “enough of this”.

The first time will always be the longest but once you set a routine and gain efficiency it can go from 3 hours to 1 hour.

(11-14-2020, 08:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Thanks for the advice, JFC. I used the Mothers 2.0 clay bar and the Turtle Wax Ice and Shine. It took many of the blemishes off the paint, including a bunch of wiffle golf ball marks. I use the bed of my truck for a target when practice chipping in the front yard. It feels and looks much smoother. The Turtle Wax was much easier to use than paste and I know the paint is now protected.

>two thumbs up<

Sweet you cant go wrong with TW ice and shine or the Hybrid Wax. I got both

(11-15-2020, 11:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I use Lithium Auto Ceramic Slam and it works great.

Keep hearing about them i may have to take a look even though i got good experiences with Meguiars and tw.

(11-16-2020, 12:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: James Fried Chicken, we just became best buds. I’m deep into the car detail game. I use most of your steps when I wash my car about twice a month.

I will subscribe but please tell me this.......

You guys dont have a bunch of overlapping products like chemical guys...please say no.

(11-18-2020, 01:38 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:

The first time will always be the longest but once you set a routine and gain efficiency it can go from 3 hours to 1 hour.

(11-14-2020, 08:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Thanks for the advice, JFC. I used the Mothers 2.0 clay bar and the Turtle Wax Ice and Shine. It took many of the blemishes off the paint, including a bunch of wiffle golf ball marks. I use the bed of my truck for a target when practice chipping in the front yard. It feels and looks much smoother. The Turtle Wax was much easier to use than paste and I know the paint is now protected.

>two thumbs up<

(11-15-2020, 11:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I use Lithium Auto Ceramic Slam and it works great.

Keep hearing about them i may have to take a look even though i got good experiences with Meguiars and tw.

You guys dont have a bunch of overlapping products like chemical guys...please say no.

No chemical guys overlapping I promise.

(01-07-2021, 02:44 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 01:38 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: The first time will always be the longest but once you set a routine and gain efficiency it can go from 3 hours to 1 hour.

No chemical guys overlapping I promise.

I googled and went to the website I ordered the leather cleaner. Maybe I missed it but do you guys sell interior protectant? I dropped my 303 aerospace and the bottle was no good anymore. I wanted to try something different.

(01-10-2021, 12:52 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 02:44 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No chemical guys overlapping I promise.

I googled and went to the website I ordered the leather cleaner. Maybe I missed it but do you guys sell interior protectant? I dropped my 303 aerospace and the bottle was no good anymore. I wanted to try something different.

I’m sorry for the delayed response. Yes try INNER SPACE! 

Hit them up on Instagram and tell them Car Nation Videos sent you and they may hook you up brother. Bill and Josh are their names.

Inner Space is the real deal. But if your looking for trim protectant then try TRIM SERUM. It’s my favorite product of all time. Better than 303.

I took my truck through a Gate Express car wash and will never hand wash my truck again. Those things are great.