Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The News with Shepard Smith

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2020, 08:55 PM by Jags.)

(12-18-2020, 07:19 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 09:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm so disappointed. I've gotten in the habit of watching this program because it seems pretty neutral. Then they did a segment on the Rebekah Jones story and aired a portion of the video which showed cops entering her home with guns drawn. What MSNBC and ol' Shep failed to mention in their report was the cops were there to serve a warrant because a hack into a state emergency service site was traced to her home. They also conveniently left out the fact that she refused to answer her door for 20 minutes while continually hanging up when contacted on her phone. It was so slanted.

Fake news rears its ugly head again.

Perhaps you think like this until the cops show up at your door.

Perhaps he’s also the guy that wouldn’t have cops at his house trying to serve a warrant.  And even if he was, he’d more than likely cooperate.  And if he didn’t, then yeah, guns drawn is the answer.  And I’m guessing he’d be at least expecting it.  Some of you are just so far out there.  That or look for every reason you think you can to defend your point of view.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2020, 07:19 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 09:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm so disappointed. I've gotten in the habit of watching this program because it seems pretty neutral. Then they did a segment on the Rebekah Jones story and aired a portion of the video which showed cops entering her home with guns drawn. What MSNBC and ol' Shep failed to mention in their report was the cops were there to serve a warrant because a hack into a state emergency service site was traced to her home. They also conveniently left out the fact that she refused to answer her door for 20 minutes while continually hanging up when contacted on her phone. It was so slanted.

Fake news rears its ugly head again.

Perhaps you think like this until the cops show up at your door.

Not me. I would open the door and sprinkle them with AOC urine while loudly chanting the exhortation:

“I defund thee!”
“I defund thee!”

Trust but verify. Cops arent infallible. they're humans. Thats why i believe in body cams and transparency.

I knew this news program was too good to be true, and I was right. It was only a matter of time before it began the inevitable slide to the left. 

After a segment on how the border crisis was as much Trump's fault as Biden's, with the input of squishy moderate "GOP Strategist" Mike Murphy to reinforce their view, the theme of the news tonight was equal rights for women. I'm all for that. They did segments on how women are paid drastically less than men and framed it into how much groceries, child care and rent the disparity would buy in one year. Solemn stuff. 

However, I had to change the channel when they did an interview with George Clooney, but they did not introduce him as George Clooney. No, his introduction and the chyron under his face was "The husband of Amal Clooney talks about the challenges of parenting."

Yes, the mega superstar is introduced as the husband of his largely unknown wife so he can share stories of how difficult it is to raise children with nannies and au pairs at their beck and call in their remote mansion on a lakeside in Italy. I couldn't watch it, but I'm sure the husband of Amal Clooney dressed his hardships up in nice relatable tones. It was truly enlightening to the average parent, I'm sure. 

What a shame. The program started out so well a few month ago.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 11:38 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I appreciate you trying to be open. I think the news is broken. The only news show I watch is The Rising from The Hill. It's progressive leaning, but they really address the hypocrisy of the media and politicians. For example, watched a segment that looked at how Obama's administration got rich in 4 years via backdoor deals, many of whom are now working for Biden. I watched a different one that talked about why the increase of violence against Asians isn't due to white supremacy. So, they don't buy into all of the "woke" nonsense, and they are very in tune with the corruption in our government. You know... almost like real news. They clearly have a progressive bias, though. They are all about the big government/tax the rich/welfare state.

I watch Ben Shapiro, too, but I consider him more of an opinion guy than a real news show.

(03-24-2021, 11:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I appreciate you trying to be open. I think the news is broken. The only news show I watch is The Rising from The Hill. It's progressive leaning, but they really address the hypocrisy of the media and politicians. For example, watched a segment that looked at how Obama's administration got rich in 4 years via backdoor deals, many of whom are now working for Biden. I watched a different one that talked about why the increase of violence against Asians isn't due to white supremacy. So, they don't buy into all of the "woke" nonsense, and they are very in tune with the corruption in our government. You know... almost like real news. They clearly have a progressive bias, though. They are all about the big government/tax the rich/welfare state.

I watch Ben Shapiro, too, but I consider him more of an opinion guy than a real news show.

I like their show as well.
s
;

;

I checked out Rising on The Hill. Pretty interesting. I watched yesterday's segment about unionization efforts at the Amazon plant in Bessemer, Alabama. Nothing would make me happier than to see smug hypocrite Jeff Bezos get a snoot full of unionization in his warehouses. He deserves it.

(03-24-2021, 11:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I appreciate you trying to be open. I think the news is broken. The only news show I watch is The Rising from The Hill. It's progressive leaning, but they really address the hypocrisy of the media and politicians. For example, watched a segment that looked at how Obama's administration got rich in 4 years via backdoor deals, many of whom are now working for Biden. I watched a different one that talked about why the increase of violence against Asians isn't due to white supremacy. So, they don't buy into all of the "woke" nonsense, and they are very in tune with the corruption in our government. You know... almost like real news. They clearly have a progressive bias, though. They are all about the big government/tax the rich/welfare state.

Did they say what the reason was? I'm curious because I'm honestly not sure why there's an increase in Asian violence. A grandmother of a student at my school was attacked and she literally only leaves her house to go on walks in the neigborhood.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2021, 10:26 AM by Lucky2Last.)

There are multiple reasons, but the most likely cause is that Asians are migrating to America and moving into low cost, Asian dominated areas. which tend to share a border with high crime neighborhoods. Some of the attacks might just be natural overflow from the high crime areas into the Asian communities, where it's perceived that they might be easy victims. Although there are some indicators that some of this violence may be due to resentment, as it is perceived that the immigrants are coming here and doing better than people that have been here for a while. The closest thing that would be associated with what the average person would think of white supremacy would be when Covid first hit last year. Even then, the data doesn't show that being sustained for very long, and it was also spread out among multiple races. Ultimately, it's just not clear whether the attacks are motivated by race or even that any one race seems to be picking them out as victims. This was the gist of their segment, but I'd like to add some supporting arguments.

Asians are unique among races in the US because they are the only race in which a majority of the violence isn't carried out by the same race. 76% of attackers are from different races. Violent attacks against Asians is distributed as follows: 24% attackers are white, 28% attackers are black, 7% are Hispanic, 24% are Asian. 19% are other. In my opinion, this reinforces the idea that low class minorities are attacking Asians, for the reasons cited above. Alternatively, 76% of attackers are non-white. Whites committed 24% of all the attacks on Asians, but they are also 60% of the population, which means that, statistically, it's much more likely that an Asian will be attacked by a different minority. An Asian is 5 times more likely to be attacked by a black man than a white man, but let me put that in perspective for you: your odds of being attacked by a white man is .0002% and your odds of being attacked by a black man is .001%. This isn't an attempt at absolution for white criminals, but to show that, either way, this is not a primary concern for Asian Americans.

As for the white supremacy argument, you have to understand that it is used differently in progressive circles than the way the average citizen might use it. When you see it plastered on the news, the average person thinks white supremacist groups are going out and attacking Asians because they want a pure America, but, like I pointed out, the numbers don't support that. However, because progressives use white supremacism differently, it doesn't matter if whites are committing the violence or not. They believe the whole system was set up by whites to benefit whites, which makes the entire system white supremacist. So, while the numbers show that a majority of attacks are not by white attackers, but by minorities, they can still blame white supremacy for creating the circumstances that enables minority on minority violence. There's no escaping that line of reasoning, but I rail against these idiots on the regular, so I'll spare you today.

I want to follow up with another post. I started looking at the rate of violence among different racial groups before posting this and there are some interesting results. I think it's worth taking a look at it. My initial impression is that it's pretty close across the board, but I'd like to make sure I've processed it properly before posting. I can get a little confused when I get into these crazy small percentages. I'd like to post about it when I finish. Until then, I am going to assume this is just another concocted story by the media that is designed to instill fear and divide Americans. Just wake up, folks.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2021, 10:59 AM by homebiscuit.)

Yelling racist in a crowded theater has become hackneyed. White supremacist freshens it up a little. 

However, overt racism against whites is accepted. Could these women be considered Asian supremacists? 

Tucker Carlson: Disgraceful Duckworth, Hirono join progressive, Democrat history of race hatred | Fox News

A white supremacist killing an elderly Asian man.

84-year-old killed after horrific daytime attack caught on video in San Francisco, 2 suspects arrested - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)

(03-25-2021, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yelling racist in a crowded theater has become hackneyed. White supremacist freshens it up a little. 

However, overt racism against whites is accepted. Could these women be considered Asian supremacists? 

Tucker Carlson: Disgraceful Duckworth, Hirono join progressive, Democrat history of race hatred | Fox News

A white supremacist killing an elderly Asian man.

84-year-old killed after horrific daytime attack caught on video in San Francisco, 2 suspects arrested - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)

Another reminder that the laws don't apply to members of Congress. If Duckworth or Hirono think that qualified asians and pacific islanders are being passed over, they need to propose alternate candidates for each position.  Carlson is right, a blanket "no" vote due to skin color for any candidate for any position is impish.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.