Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 8-2020 Games

(11-02-2020, 11:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 10:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Javon Wims has to be one of the dumbest players in the NFL. Did any of you see the punches he threw yesterday? He runs up to the NO player, taps him on the shoulder and just throws "haymakers" at the guy's head. How stupid can you be? I never understood the concept of hitting a guy wearing a helmet. It's gonna hurt your hands way more than it hurts the other guys head or face. Helmets were designed to absorb a lot more force than a punch. I wouldn't be surprised if Wims wakes up today with two broken hands and a suspension from the NFL. What an idiot!

There was a report that the Saint's CB stole Mims' mouth guard on the prior drive and  wouldn't give it back. So the first motion Mims made was to take the CB's mouth guard and when he couldn't, he just got so fed up at being picked on that he just lost it. Not saying any of that condones what happened. But it wasn't just an "out of the blue" I wanna fight you thing.

Why didn't he just go to the sidelines and get another mouth guard? I wouldn't want it after an opponent had it. God knows what he did to it and with Covid 19 going around, I would just throw it away anyway. Hitting someone in the hardened helmet with your bare hands is gonna hurt Wims a lot more than it hurt his opponent. Whether or not he just "lost it," it was a dumb response. Wait until the game is over, his helmet is off and then "clock him!"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2020, 11:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: There was a report that the Saint's CB stole Mims' mouth guard on the prior drive and  wouldn't give it back. So the first motion Mims made was to take the CB's mouth guard and when he couldn't, he just got so fed up at being picked on that he just lost it. Not saying any of that condones what happened. But it wasn't just an "out of the blue" I wanna fight you thing.

Why didn't he just go to the sidelines and get another mouth guard? I wouldn't want it after an opponent had it. God knows what he did to it and with Covid 19 going around, I would just throw it away anyway. Hitting someone in the hardened helmet with your bare hands is gonna hurt Wims a lot more than it hurt his opponent. Whether or not he just "lost it," it was a dumb response. Wait until the game is over, his helmet is off and then "clock him!"

I have no idea.

We always hear about players using their emotions fuel them and to drive them as well as not liking the opposing team and using every slight. I've never been any sort of athlete. So, I have no idea how hard it is to control that and not let it get the better of you. Especially when you are in your early 20's.

Again, I'm not saying any of this condones his actions, but this type of thing seems to happen regularly throughout sports.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 09:42 PM by mal234.)

That was a good catch by Dion Lewis to help the Giants get the lead, after the Bucs turnovers. Even though they have struggled a lot this year, the last couple of games the Giants have been much more competitive. I think they have been looking better than the Cowboys (and in some ways the Eagles too) these last couple of games, though it's still early in this game tonight.

(11-02-2020, 09:42 PM)mal234 Wrote: That was a good catch by Dion Lewis to help the Giants get the lead, after the Bucs turnovers. Even though they have struggled a lot this year, the last couple of games the Giants have been much more competitive. I think they have been looking better than the Cowboys (and in some ways the Eagles too) these last couple of games, though it's still early in this game tonight.

They have the best QB in the division imo with Dak out

Man, LF28 just ain't good.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

These NY teams keep teasing us.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2020, 07:06 AM by JagsorDie.)

Good game. That pi could have gone either way. After seeing things like the saints NFCCG a few years back, it doesn’t shock me that it was a no call as much as the ref allowed himself to be talked out of it. I’ve seen refs stick to their guns on far more egregious/obvious penalties.

But if Rodger wants someone in the SB, he can’t have his poster child dropping games to bottom feeders like NYG. That would tarnish the TB winning the SB at home narrative.

(11-03-2020, 07:05 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Good game. That pi could have gone either way. After seeing things like the saints NFCCG a few years back, it doesn’t shock me that it was a no call as much as the ref allowed himself to be talked out of it. I’ve seen refs stick to their guns on far more egregious/obvious penalties.

But if Rodger wants someone in the SB, he can’t have his poster child dropping games to bottom feeders like NYG. That would tarnish the TB winning the SB at home narrative.

It is frustrating constantly watching already great teams routinely get assists from the refs. This isn't a new thing.

(11-03-2020, 08:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:05 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Good game. That pi could have gone either way. After seeing things like the saints NFCCG a few years back, it doesn’t shock me that it was a no call as much as the ref allowed himself to be talked out of it. I’ve seen refs stick to their guns on far more egregious/obvious penalties.

It is frustrating constantly watching already great teams routinely get assists from the refs. This isn't a new thing.
Myles Jack wasnt down