Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This week in the AFC South-Week 8

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 09:48 PM by Bullseye.)

Last week, the loathsome and detestable tacks lost their first game at home to the equally loathsome and detestable Steelers, who remain the AFC's lone unbeaten team.  Last week, the Texans lost at home to the Packsers, who were coming off their first loss of the season.  Also last week, the Jaguars predictably lost on the west coast, this time on their first trip to Los Angeles.  Finally last week, the Colts were on their bye.  All of these results translated into a 3-0 record for me for the second week in a row-a first fo me since we've done these threads.  Hopefully my luck will continue.

To the games...

Indianapolis (4-2) at Detroit (3-3)-Detroit has managed to even out their record, and Stafford can be dangerous, but I don't see them having much success against the Colts, who are coming off a bye week.  WIth the extra week of rest and preparation, I think Indy takes this game 26-17.

Tennessee (5-1) at Cincinnati (1-5-1)-Cincinnati has a promising futuure with Joe Burrow, who is looking every bit the future franchise QB the Bengals thought they were getting when they drafted him #1 overall.  But right now this is a team with holes, including the one created this week when they traded DE Carlos Dunlap to Seattle for a 6th round pick.  This is also a team that is beginning the early stages of learning how to win.  That's not a good combination of factors against a team like Tennessee..  Even though he was shut down last week, Derrick Henry is still damn tough to stop, and is harder to stop because the tacks are getting such good play out of Tannehill.  I still think their defense is missing something, but they have enough to beat the Bengals this week.  Tennessee wins 31-20.

Houston and Jacksonville have the bye.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  17-5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hmmm.

I’ll go with Detroit over Colts. Colts should have lost to the bengals. They are playing down to their competition it seems

tacks over Bungles. All thought I could see them losing after their emotional letdown loss from last week

16-6 overall

*My picks for this week*

Colts---- As long as Rivers doesn't play "give away" I think they edge out the Lions

Titans ------- They are a much better team than the Bengals.

Last week:   3-0
Overall    :  15-7
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Titans
Lions

2-1 last week
15-7 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-29-2020, 09:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the loathsome and detestable tacks lost their first game at home to the equally loathsome and detestable Steelers, who remain the AFC's lone unbeaten team.  Last week, the Texans lost at home to the Packsers, who were coming off their first loss of the season.  Also last week, the Jaguars predictably lost on the west coast, this time on their first trip to Los Angeles.  Finally last week, the Colts were on their bye.  All of these results translated into a 3-0 record for me for the second week in a row-a first fo me since we've done these threads.  Hopefully my luck will continue.

To the games...

Indianapolis (4-2) at Detroit (3-3)-Detroit has managed to even out their record, and Stafford can be dangerous, but I don't see them having much success against the Colts, who are coming off a bye week.  WIth the extra week of rest and preparation, I think Indy takes this game 26-17.

Tennessee (5-1) at Cincinnati (1-5-1)-Cincinnati has a promising futuure with Joe Burrow, who is looking every bit the future franchise QB the Bengals thought they were getting when they drafted him #1 overall.  But right now this is a team with holes, including the one created this week when they traded DE Carlos Dunlap to Seattle for a 6th round pick.  This is also a team that is beginning the early stages of learning how to win.  That's not a good combination of factors against a team like Tennessee..  Even though he was shut down last week, Derrick Henry is still damn tough to stop, and is harder to stop because the tacks are getting such good play out of Tannehill.  I still think their defense is missing something, but they have enough to beat the Bengals this week.  Tennessee wins 31-20.

Houston and Jacksonville have the bye.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  17-5
Indy
Tennessee 
And I will take the bye over the jags.
14-8 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Last week everything was too obvious, this week I'll continue to believe the obvious will happen. Colts and tacks should get the wins.

15-7 coming into the week.

2-1 last week, 14 up and 8 down.

Indy 23 Det 17 - I really would love to see the Lions get the win, but feel that Indy has enough to escape with a victory.

tacks 38 cincy 24 - Henry will gash the Bungle D, and Jag fans need to be paying attention. Fixing the QB position is not going to yield instant results, there will still be some lopsided losses despite the QB's best efforts to carry the team.

3-0 last week
15-7 overall

Colts over Lions
Titans over Bengals
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Colts
Titans

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Last week:2-1
Overall: 13-9

The Bengals are going to upset a team eventually. It may not be the Titans, but I bet it’s a close game.

Indy has this one over the shaky Lions.

The bye week over the hapless and hopeless Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 09:18 AM by snowwolf776.)

15-7 overall 

this week I'll take  

colts

tittians

bullseye think maybe after this weeks games,you could do a standings thing before posting next weeks. please? i should be in top 10 at least this year.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

11-11

CLOTS
TACKS

Sorry I’m late!

Titans down 10 and colts tied.

I’ll take Titans and Colts in their games

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 04:25 PM by homebiscuit.)

I predicted the Bengals were going to play the tittians tough. The Bengals team see what a treasure they have in Burrow and will play their guts out for him.

Looks like an upset.

(11-01-2020, 09:17 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 15-7 overall 

this week I'll take  

colts

tittians

bullseye think maybe after this weeks games,you could do a standings thing before posting next weeks. please?  i should be in top 10 at least this year.

1-1 this week. now    16-8 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-30-2020, 02:32 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Titans
Lions

2-1 last week
15-7 overall

Welp, not much else to say.

0-2 this week
15-9 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-30-2020, 08:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: 2-1 last week, 14 up and 8 down.

Indy 23 Det 17 - I really would love to see the Lions get the win, but feel that Indy has enough to escape with a victory.

tacks 38 cincy 24 - Henry will gash the Bungle D, and Jag fans need to be paying attention. Fixing the QB position is not going to yield instant results, there will still be some lopsided losses despite the QB's best efforts to carry the team.

1-1, 14-9 for the year.

Happy to take that L, Joey B is quickly becoming a fave, despite being a Bengal

(10-30-2020, 10:23 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-0 last week
15-7 overall

Colts over Lions
Titans over Bengals

Our defense blows and it finally caught up to us.

1-1 this week
16-8 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.