Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Message from the Voters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2020, 09:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was not aware that mail-in ballots were different from absentee ballots. They apparently aren't used in Ohio. Maybe that is why Ohio was declared so early, even though it was a much closer race than I anticipated. We run a pretty tight ship up here. Why did some states allow mail-in balloting if absentee ballots were available? This makes no sense to me.

The only portfolio I have is my high school graduation portfolio. I had a mullet. LOL.

I don't know the state by state break down of where absentee balloting is implemented. All I am saying is that there was time to implement absentee balloting in states that didn't already have it due to the pandemic. 

Bottom line, this stinks to high Heaven and isn't even close to over. If anything, it's about protecting future elections.

Agreed. I guess I just assumed all states had absentee balloting and here in lies the problem. ALL states should have the exact same election rules. How this is so different from state to state is beyond me! How in this day and age, can an election be so messed up? Why are we not all on the same page, state by state? It's such a ridiculously easy fix. This is making us look like an even bigger joke to the rest of the world, than we already were and it's all over something that should've been fixed from the very beginning.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 09:39 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-06-2020, 09:32 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/nevada-go...oter-fraud

Trumps downfall will end up coming back to the two men he picked for AG.

(11-06-2020, 09:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't know the state by state break down of where absentee balloting is implemented. All I am saying is that there was time to implement absentee balloting in states that didn't already have it due to the pandemic. 

Bottom line, this stinks to high Heaven and isn't even close to over. If anything, it's about protecting future elections.

Agreed. I guess I just assumed all states had absentee balloting and here in lies the problem. ALL states should have the exact same election rules. How this is so different from state to state is beyond me! How in this day and age, can an election be so messed up? Why are we not all on the same page, state by state? It's such a ridiculously easy fix. This is making us look like an even bigger joke to the rest of the world, than we already were and it's all over something that should've been fixed from the very beginning.

I am ALL for state rights, but we have a Federal Government for a reason, and I think national elections are important enough to justify Federal Government involvement. Not sure who could logically argue this.

(11-06-2020, 09:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Copied from my post above: Universal mail-in voting played a key role in creating this chaos, and the people that could have cleaned it up didn't want to. Democrats love to point fingers at Republicans for complaining, but they literally break every system designed to regulate integrity.

I don't know what chaos you are referring to.  What happened is exactly what everyone who was paying attention knew would happen.  States that count their mail in votes last would show Trump ahead, until they counted their mail in vote, and then it was entirely possible that Biden would pull ahead in that state, because more Democrats were requesting mail in ballots than Republicans.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 09:46 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-06-2020, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Copied from my post above: Universal mail-in voting played a key role in creating this chaos, and the people that could have cleaned it up didn't want to. Democrats love to point fingers at Republicans for complaining, but they literally break every system designed to regulate integrity.

I don't know what chaos you are referring to.  What happened is exactly what everyone who was paying attention knew would happen.  States that count their mail in votes last would show Trump ahead, until they counted their mail in vote, and then it was entirely possible that Biden would pull ahead in that state, because more Democrats were requesting mail in ballots than Republicans.

MAIL IN BALLOTS ARE NOT REQUESTED.

Good God Marty. The CHAOS he is referring to is the fact it is Friday after an election and we still don't have a winner.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 10:01 AM by copycat.)

(11-06-2020, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Absentee balloting is TOTALLY different than main-in voting. You have to request an absentee AND they match your signature. It is a legitimate process that has been in place for a long time. I am actually registered to do it, but choose to shred my ballot at the polling station and vote in person for presidental elections.

I was not aware that mail-in ballots were different from absentee ballots. They apparently aren't used in Ohio. Maybe that is why Ohio was declared so early, even though it was a much closer race than I anticipated. We run a pretty tight ship up here. Why did some states allow mail-in balloting if absentee ballots were available? This makes no sense to me.

(11-06-2020, 09:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Senate is still in play for the Democrats...

I can promise you that your portfolio won't like that one, lol.

The only portfolio I have is my high school graduation portfolio. I had a mullet. LOL.

This is what everyone has been saying for months now and you argued incessantly with them.  Now you get it?  SMH.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 10:04 AM by JackCity.)

You guys know if republicans didn't force the mail in votes to be counted last that the election would have been called for Biden on Tuesday or Wednesday right? the entire Republican game plan was centered around delaying them so it makes the election look more dubious

(11-06-2020, 10:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: You guys know if republicans didn't force the mail in votes to be counted last that the election would have been called for Biden on Tuesday or Wednesday right? the entire Republican game plan was centered around delaying them so it makes the election look more dubious

Huh? Are you saying they would have declared a winner before counting all votes?

The election does look dubious.

(11-06-2020, 09:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: As a voter from the left center, I totally agree.  Checks and balances are a good thing. I think the senate and house are going to find the next few years rather refreshing.

Senate is still in play for the Democrats...

I don't see the Georgia DEM population showing up for Ossoff like they did for Biden.  My thought is Ossoff kept it close because voters were already filling in Biden so they conveniently filled in Ossoff.  Without the President on the ballot, I think a lot of people from Atlanta will now breathe a sigh of relief and not bother to put further emphasis on the senate-only vote in January.  Thus, I think Purdue wins and other states will have similar results.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 10:18 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-06-2020, 10:14 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Senate is still in play for the Democrats...

I don't see the Georgia DEM population showing up for Ossoff like they did for Biden.  My thought is Ossoff kept it close because voters were already filling in Biden so they conveniently filled in Ossoff.  Without the President on the ballot, I think a lot of people from Atlanta will now breathe a sigh of relief and not bother to put further emphasis on the senate-only vote in January.  Thus, I think Purdue wins and other states will have similar results.

Potentially. So, the future of our country hinges on the motivation of people in the Atlanta metro area? Is that accurate?

Soros and Bloomberg will flood the state with billions of dollars. This will be the most highly funded Senate race in the nations history.

(11-06-2020, 10:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 10:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: You guys know if republicans didn't force the mail in votes to be counted last that the election would have been called for Biden on Tuesday or Wednesday right? the entire Republican game plan was centered around delaying them so it makes the election look more dubious

Huh? Are you saying they would have declared a winner before counting all votes?

The perception of Trump winning the race only to lose late is purely due to the Republicans not allowing them be counted first

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 10:21 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-06-2020, 10:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

No, he's saying that the votes would have been counted like they were in Florida.  In Florida they allowed votes to be counted as they received them, even a week before election day.  In certain states, they did not allow mail in votes to commence the counting process until the polls closed on election day.  This process was mandated by GOP state legislation.

That's correct.

(11-06-2020, 08:29 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 08:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed, which is why I am an Independent. Neither party's agenda is appealing to me. I like some ideas from one party and some ideas from another. I believe deep down, most Americans feel the same way, but they keep voting extremists from both parties, because they think they have no other choice.

Biden is an extremist? He's more right wing than he is left wing , same as Obama

Dude, no.

That just shows how little you know about American politics.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 11:23 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-06-2020, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know what chaos you are referring to.  What happened is exactly what everyone who was paying attention knew would happen.  States that count their mail in votes last would show Trump ahead, until they counted their mail in vote, and then it was entirely possible that Biden would pull ahead in that state, because more Democrats were requesting mail in ballots than Republicans.

Good God Marty. The CHAOS he is referring to is the fact it is Friday after an election and we still don't have a winner.

Yes they are.  I had to request my mail in ballot via Vicky Oakes and received one.  My wife and daughter did not request one, nor did they receive one.

Perhaps this is a state by state thing.

That said, I have 27 texts from different volunteers over the past month instructing me how to request my ballot and then following up countless times to make certain I requested by ballot and mailed in my ballot.  For the record, I voted in person and tore up my mail in ballot in front of the people working at the polling booth.  I think those volunteers sending countless texts to Dems made a huge difference in the turnout, the most ever in US history.

You’re going to see lawsuits about mail-in ballots taken to the Supreme Court.

Why stop at three weeks of early voting too? It needs to be cut short.

(11-06-2020, 11:24 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You’re going to see lawsuits about mail-in ballots taken to the Supreme Court.

Now people understand why it was so important to push the Barrett confirmation through.

(11-06-2020, 11:24 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You’re going to see lawsuits about mail-in ballots taken to the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court won't listen to political whining.  This President needed to go.  His pathetic attempt last night at claiming fraud with no evidence is the destructive to democracy.  He has been the single most destructive force in the last several decades toward dividing this nation.

That being said, I am glad it appears the GOP will maintain the senate.  We need some balance and moderation in this country.  Crazy extremists (from both sides) need to be silenced.  Biden will help with that, along with a GOP senate.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-06-2020, 11:03 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 08:29 AM)JackCity Wrote: Biden is an extremist? He's more right wing than he is left wing , same as Obama

Dude, no.

That just shows how little you know about American politics.

More so your understanding of political spectrum is badly broken by hatred of Democrats. 

The Democrats flat out rejected the progressive wing of the party went with a centerist in the primary. Bidens whole career has been 'tough on crime' , pro police and pro war. He's against Medicare for all too

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 11:46 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-06-2020, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know what chaos you are referring to.  What happened is exactly what everyone who was paying attention knew would happen.  States that count their mail in votes last would show Trump ahead, until they counted their mail in vote, and then it was entirely possible that Biden would pull ahead in that state, because more Democrats were requesting mail in ballots than Republicans.

Everyone who was keeping up knew for MONTHS this was the way it would work.   Republican legislatures refused to allow the mail in ballots to be counted until election day.  People predicted for MONTHS that we might not know the winner until days after the election.  It's hard to believe that any informed person didn't know this is exactly the way it would work.

Lawsuits based on what?