Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Alex Trebek

Tough loss. I hate 2020.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That really sucks!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Impossible to replace. Will Ken Jennings give it a try?

I hope not. I don’t think anyone can replace him.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

That is truly sad. They even announced it on FOX NFL Sunday.

He leaves impossible shoes to fill. It's just a matter of getting accustomed to whoever does. Please make it someone equally cerebral and not an entertainer.

A part of me goes with him. What a cultural icon.  Sad

(11-08-2020, 02:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That is truly sad. They even announced it on FOX NFL Sunday.

He leaves impossible shoes to fill. It's just a matter of getting accustomed to whoever does. Please make it someone equally cerebral and not an entertainer.

Thank you. I'm tired of "entertainers" ruining things. 

On occasion I watch Dancing With the Stars if someone I like is competing like Mary Lou Retton, and I watch until they lose or win. For reasons only known to satan Tyra Banks is the new host. She isn't bad in her own element but has no business hosting that show, even if it is just DWTS.

If ever someone was irreplaceable, it is Alex
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(11-08-2020, 03:48 PM)The Drifter Wrote: If ever someone was irreplaceable, it is Alex

Vana White disagrees.
s
;

;

(11-08-2020, 01:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Impossible to replace. Will Ken Jennings give it a try?

They seemed to have been grooming him.

Trebek seemed like a first class human. Tough day... 2020 does suck.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-08-2020, 01:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Impossible to replace. Will Ken Jennings give it a try?

When I saw at the beginning of the season that he was on staff and going to contribute, that was my first assumption. Of course, they did an interview and denied that it was a host-in-waiting arrangement, but I think he is both recognizable among loyal viewers and personable enough to be able to get through the banter without it being forced or awkward.

I would much rather someone like Ken take a stab at it than some celebrity like most of the other game show reboots are trying.

All that said, this one hurt, and cancer can suck it.

(11-08-2020, 05:47 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 03:48 PM)The Drifter Wrote: If ever someone was irreplaceable, it is Alex

Vana White disagrees.

Vanna was replaced! At the end of last year Pat was out for a few weeks, and Vanna took his place, and Pat's daughter was spinning (well, pointing to, nowadays) letters! It was palpably awkward.  They did ok, but Vanna was not prepared for banter, filling the air like Pat usually did.

We all thought Bob Barker was irreplaceable, and while Drew is not the same, he also didn't try to reinvent the show nor did he try to be Bob in younger skin.

Jeopardy will be able to go on, so long as they don't replace Alex with a B-list celeb who will snicker at "What is Lake Titicaca" or "What is 69" responses.

Now I can better understand where midlife crises come from. Watching all the people you grew up with die makes you think about your own clock...

(11-10-2020, 08:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Now I can better understand where midlife crises come from. Watching all the people you grew up with die makes you think about your own clock...

Not only die, but die old.

The circle of life.

(11-10-2020, 09:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 08:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Now I can better understand where midlife crises come from. Watching all the people you grew up with die makes you think about your own clock...

Not only die, but die old.

The circle of life.

Talk about old, I remember watching Jeopardy! when Art Fleming was host. Round 1 amounts rewarded for correct “questions” ranged from $10 - $50, Round 2 $20 - $100. I was such a nerd, I watched it whenever school was out.

RIP Alex Trebek. You made a great show iconic.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]