Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaches not that bad

Can you upgrade? Yes

Is there a reason why you should retain the current coaching staff and FO? None that I can muster
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bottom 5 coaches and FO

(11-15-2020, 10:25 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [Image: FarBlankAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif]

Exactly
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-15-2020, 09:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think most of us are wrong, I don't think our coaching staff is nearly as bad as we say. Our team is literally void of talent and we've been in most games this year. Some people might not like it but I really think Doug will be here next season.

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads of all time.  Not one coach should be retained, not one scout, not one person responsible for this dumpster heap of a team.  It all needs to be blown up from top to bottom.

Jay Gruden burner account?

(11-16-2020, 09:51 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think most of us are wrong, I don't think our coaching staff is nearly as bad as we say. Our team is literally void of talent and we've been in most games this year. Some people might not like it but I really think Doug will be here next season.

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads of all time.  Not one coach should be retained, not one scout, not one person responsible for this dumpster heap of a team.  It all needs to be blown up from top to bottom.

McCardell?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think gruden has done a good job. Wash no. Marone is cool with me but does he bring anything to the table? He is blah. Figure head. Id like to see a coach that gets the players motivated. Look at the Steelers head coach. He might not be an Andy Reid from Kansas City but at least he always has good teams even after they lose good players

Byron Leftwich / Justin Fields combo for 2021.

It’s happening, just watch.

(11-17-2020, 11:04 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Byron Leftwich / Justin Fields combo for 2021.

It’s happening, just watch.

I would love Bieniemy. I think he is going to be a star.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

2018 we lost 7 in a row
2019 we lost 5 in a row
2020 we are on a 8 game losing streak.

Progress

(11-17-2020, 07:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 2018 we lost 7 in a row
2019 we lost 5 in a row

Progress

Ouch

(11-17-2020, 08:15 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 07:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 2018 we lost 7 in a row
2019 we lost 5 in a row

Progress

Ouch

Just remember from week 1 this is Dougie's kind of team.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-17-2020, 08:23 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 08:15 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Ouch

This is the youngest team in the league. We are getting better on defense. We just can't stay healthy at important positions.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(11-17-2020, 08:23 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 08:15 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Ouch

Young, cheap, and no expectation to win.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I couldn't care less about which coaches are fired or retained going into next season. What matters is getting competent general management. The Jaguars need someone that recognizes talent and drafts it instead of someone that can only recognize need and draft for that.

I've said it many many times, but when you draft for talent you end up like the Steelers, always competing, even when they didn't have a franchise QB for years during the 1990s. When you draft for need like the Jaguars you're constantly taking guys like Reggie Williams or Taven Bryan, and you'll only have winning sessions one or twice a decade.

Get a new GM and let him decide what coaches to keep or can.

(11-21-2020, 09:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I couldn't care less about which coaches are fired or retained going into next season. What matters is getting competent general management. The Jaguars need someone that recognizes talent and drafts it instead of someone that can only recognize need and draft for that.

I've said it many many times, but when you draft for talent you end up like the Steelers, always competing, even when they didn't have a franchise QB for years during the 1990s. When you draft for need like the Jaguars you're constantly taking guys like Reggie Williams or Taven Bryan, and you'll only have winning sessions one or twice a decade.

Neither Bryan nor LF2.7 were Needs picks, they were philosophical picks. Need vs BAP is a false dichotomy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-21-2020, 09:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Neither Bryan nor LF2.7 were Needs picks, they were philosophical picks. Need vs BAP is a false dichotomy.

Fournette was Caldwell's Needs pick.  He thought we needed a running game to compliment Bortles.  If he had gone QB instead, now we'd be stuck with Mahomes or Watson.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-21-2020, 10:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 09:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Neither Bryan nor LF2.7 were Needs picks, they were philosophical picks. Need vs BAP is a false dichotomy.

Fournette was Caldwell's Needs pick.  He thought we needed a running game to compliment Bortles.  If he had gone QB instead, now we'd be stuck with Mahomes or Watson.

No, he was Coughlin's philosophy pick, but either way it was wrong.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 01:07 PM by JackCity.)

(11-21-2020, 09:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I couldn't care less about which coaches are fired or retained going into next season. What matters is getting competent general management. The Jaguars need someone that recognizes talent and drafts it instead of someone that can only recognize need and draft for that.

Artie Burns and Terrell Edmunds say hello. You don't understand how teams draft

(11-21-2020, 09:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Neither Bryan nor LF2.7 were Needs picks, they were philosophical picks. Need vs BAP is a false dichotomy.

Yep. They were guys who were at the top of their tiered boards too.

If we had a better defensive coach, it would help a lot. That being said, we need a little more fire power on defense, but i dont think we are as far off as most might think