Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey - Worth Every Penny (article)

(12-28-2020, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 10:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, if Rams lose week 17 with their backup QB, they miss out on playoffs?

If Rams lose and Bears win they are out.

Biggest thing is Rams lose.

If Bears win, Rams miss playoffs.
If Bears lose, Rams probably face the Saints in WC round where they probably lose.

If Rams win, they could face Redskins or rematch Seahawks and have a better chance of getting to the Divisional Round.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rooting hard for a Rams loss this weekend

Whatever your feelings on Jalen are. He is above and beyond the best CB in the NFL at the moment. And considering so far what we've got from his trade is Chaisson, I'm hoping our pick from the rams this year is a future HOFer otherwise we [BLEEP] the bed.

(01-05-2021, 11:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1346...18592?s=20
Lol

Oh man. Some people aren’t going to like this.....

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 09:34 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1346192426814332935?s=19

What a luxury it would be for a corner to have this though
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1346683165570715650?s=19

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1346245275745095680?s=19

So you think Callahan is a better corner than Ramsey?

Come on man. Let go of the hate.

(01-06-2021, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you think Callahan is a better corner than Ramsey?

No I don't.  Nothing to do with hate, I never said he isnt good I just said he isnt the best corner in the league

(01-06-2021, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you think Callahan is a better corner than Ramsey?

No I don't.  Nothing to do with hate, I never said he isnt good I just said he isnt the best corner in the league
So why post PFF grades if you’re not using them to base your claims?

Who’s better than Ramsey? Allowing 20 yards a game? All while guarding the best WR each week? He’s going to get defensive player of the year votes.

Find someone who loves you like Cleatwood loves Jalen Ramsey and your life will be complete.

Ramsey still a little [BLEEP]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-06-2021, 10:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Find someone who loves you like Cleatwood loves Jalen Ramsey and your life will be complete.
Lol

Don’t love Ramsey but it’s ok to say he’s a great corner. Terrible person but great corner.

(01-06-2021, 10:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Find someone who loves you like Cleatwood loves Jalen Ramsey and your life will be complete.

If dont even know if Ramsey loves Ramsey as much as Cleatwood loves Ramsey, and thats saying something

Lol I didn’t even post the tweet but sure.

Ramsey is a great CB. I'm not sure any CB is worth 2 first rounders and his salary though.

(01-06-2021, 11:02 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Ramsey is a great CB.  I'm not sure any CB is worth 2 first rounders and his salary though.

Agreed, you would have to be on Prime' s level, Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey etc.

(01-06-2021, 11:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:02 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Ramsey is a great CB.  I'm not sure any CB is worth 2 first rounders and his salary though.

Agreed, you would have to be on Prime' s level, Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey etc.

Well that's kind of a ridiculous statement since we did, indeed, get two first round picks.  So he was worth two first round picks.  There's no other way you can spin it.

I can't stand Ramsey as a person, but he's a great player whether you like it or not.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 11:22 AM by Kane.)

Great corner. Not worth the contract or giving up the 2 firsts, imo. The reason is because he doesn't do enough (because of the position) to have enough of an impact on actually winning like a QB or even a pass rusher (sacks, fumbles, negative plays) They just avoid Ramsey mostly, which is great for his stats and cutting the field in half, but the Rams still lost 6 games and struggle to find consistency on offense. How can they fix that if they have all their money tied up in Ramsey (and Donald and Goff)
Allowing only 20 yards per game is great. But strapping the cap and giving up draft capital for a single player not named QB is silly imo. And I'm actually of the opinion you don't strap the cap for any one player really.

How many SB's will the Rams win with Ramsey under that large contract? How much retooling can they do without a first round pick? Is one and done in the playoffs this year really a win?

You guys can go back to arguing how much you hate/love the guy or if he sucks/is the best... Worth that contract and coughing up the draft picks? Not in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 02:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-06-2021, 11:12 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, you would have to be on Prime' s level, Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey etc.

Well that's kind of a ridiculous statement since we did, indeed, get two first round picks.  So he was worth two first round picks.  There's no other way you can spin it.

I can't stand Ramsey as a person, but he's a great player whether you like it or not.

Now thats a ridiculous statement.  So Trent Richardson was worth a 1st round pick when he went to the Colts right?  Yawn was worth a 2nd and 4th since they did get those picks right?  No i don't think he was worth 2 1sts and the contract he got.  He is a good player and I never said he wasn't, the best? No

If he was the best he would of been one of the corners on the All Pro team and he hasn't made 1st team All Pro since 2017

(01-06-2021, 11:20 AM)Kane Wrote: Great corner. Not worth the contract or giving up the 2 firsts, imo. The reason is because he doesn't do enough (because of the position) to have enough of an impact on actually winning like a QB or even a pass rusher (sacks, fumbles, negative plays) They just avoid Ramsey mostly, which is great for his stats and cutting the field in half, but the Rams still lost 6 games and struggle to find consistency on offense. How can they fix that if they have all their money tied up in Ramsey (and Donald and Goff)
Allowing only 20 yards per game is great. But strapping the cap and giving up draft capital for a single player not named QB is silly imo. And I'm actually of the opinion you don't strap the cap for any one player really.

How many SB's will the Rams win with Ramsey under that large contract? How much retooling can they do without a first round pick? Is one and done in the playoffs this year really a win?

You guys can go back to arguing how much you hate/love the guy or if he sucks/is the best... Worth that contract and coughing up the draft picks? Not in my opinion.

Agree, the great ones were play makers and made game changing plays.  Even of that meant giving the WR some cushing and baiting the QB