Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Question on Keelan Cole..

(11-18-2020, 02:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s nothing special.

Don't think anyone is saying "special". Talking about keeping him around as a very good #2. Or perhaps you feel good about going into next year with Chark, Viska, and Colin Johnson as our top 3?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[quote pid='1339386' dateline='1605659375']

Always saw keelan as a pretty good number 3 receiver but jot a number 2.  Maybe 3 yr 4.5 mil a yr.  Or just let him go.  He is replaceable.
[/quote]

3 yr 4.5 per year is crazy my dude... that's rookie contract numbers

Rookie numbers?  Maybe a first round rookie.  I wouldnt even begin to think about paying keelan 10 mil per.  Now thats crazy talk.

We are paying Conley 2.3 per right now my dude.

4.5 per is more than fair for cole or let him walk.

Maybe you bring back Cole on a cheap deal for like $3M per year, but he's nothing special really. We got in cap trouble for overpaying mediocre players, and you really need to give Chark a contract extension and he'll likely command $8-10 M a year.

(11-18-2020, 02:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s nothing special.

Were you a fan of the team in the late 2000's?

Remember some of those WR groups?

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 01:26 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Tate, John Brown, Humphries, Cobb, all make average $9m or more per year. Cordarelle Patterson makes $5m. Cole already is at $3.2m this season. He's not going to sign for under $5, likely around $7-8m minimum.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/ave...-receiver/

8 to 10 mil for Chark? 3mil a year for Cole? You guys are laughable with your assessment.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 09:24 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

“When it comes to being in Jacksonville, I’m not really a party guy or anything and apparently Jacksonville doesn’t have that, so I feel really good here. I like the warm weather, hate the cold, shoutout to Green Bay. I like the warm weather. I like being here, I like being a Jaguar. I’d rather be a Jaguar than a Falcon or a bird or some [BLEEP] like that.”

He wants to stay in Jax

(11-19-2020, 01:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Tate, John Brown, Humphries, Cobb, all make average $9m or more per year. Cordarelle Patterson makes $5m. Cole already is at $3.2m this season. He's not going to sign for under $5, likely around $7-8m minimum.

(11-19-2020, 02:35 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: 8 to 10 mil for Chark? 3mil a year for Cole? You guys are laughable with your assessment.

Yeah...Crazy. We should totally just underbid everyone and end up with rookies or scrubs at the positions forever. Yikes.

I think getting Cole for 3 yr 25m total would be a steal, but if he wants 10m per year it's about market value for #2 WRs.... if he wants more than that sure let him walk.

If Chark comes to table asking for ONLY 8-10 mil a year, you lock him up for life at that rate. Geez... where do these people come from?

(11-20-2020, 11:00 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Tate, John Brown, Humphries, Cobb, all make average $9m or more per year. Cordarelle Patterson makes $5m. Cole already is at $3.2m this season. He's not going to sign for under $5, likely around $7-8m minimum.

(11-19-2020, 02:35 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: 8 to 10 mil for Chark? 3mil a year for Cole? You guys are laughable with your assessment.

Yeah...Crazy. We should totally just underbid everyone and end up with rookies or scrubs at the positions forever. Yikes.

I think getting Cole for 3 yr 25m total would be a steal, but if he wants 10m per year it's about market value for #2 WRs.... if he wants more than that sure let him walk.

If Chark comes to table asking for ONLY 8-10 mil a year, you lock him up for life at that rate. Geez... where do these people come from?

I think Shenault will be the 2 so I'd target Cole for really good number 3 money. I guess that might be something like your 3/25 deal.