Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reputation's back, boys!

(11-21-2020, 04:12 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:55 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I'll have to work on that more.  Appreciate the feedback.

I thoroughly enjoy your post bud. They are often well thought out and informed. 

What I don’t like are contrarians.. sure devils advocate is entertaining, but to constantly disagree for the sheer act of disagreeing is annoying as bleep! We have a few of those here and I’m constantly rolling my eyes at their posts.

Thanks man.  Some people get emotional when I point out the inconsistencies and flaws in their logic; I don't mind when they get upset with me over those things. And I believe I tend to dish out my own vitriol only to those who deserve it, or initiate it towards me.  But like all opinions, that is subjective.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-21-2020, 04:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Best of luck, you're almost as unlikable as Mikesez, with time and effort you might yet eclipse him.

When are we having that beer?

Damn, -28. I see that you are fairly liked in here. I wish my momma taught me how to be like you.

What exactly does neutral rating do?

(11-21-2020, 06:21 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: What exactly does neutral rating do?

I just gave you one to check (I deleted it!) it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Then I +1ed you for being the first to ask!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 10:17 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2020, 06:04 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: When are we having that beer?

Damn, -28. I see that you are fairly liked in here. I wish my momma taught me how to be like you.

Click the number.  Almost all the negatives are from two users.

Anyways I wasn't going for the congeniality prize. To quote Bernadette Peters or Meryl Streep in Into the Woods, "You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice. I'm not nice, I'm not good, I'm just right."
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-21-2020, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:04 PM)FabianLF Wrote: Damn, -28. I see that you are fairly liked in here. I wish my momma taught me how to be like you.

I'm jealous man.  Bring back the negative button Mods!!!!  Let's get some healthy competition around here!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-21-2020, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:04 PM)FabianLF Wrote: Damn, -28. I see that you are fairly liked in here. I wish my momma taught me how to be like you.

Anyways I wasn't going for the congeniality prize.  To quote Bernadette Peters or Meryl Streep in Into the Woods, "You're so nice.  You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.  I'm not nice, I'm not good, I'm just right."

That’s okay, almost all of one of those users negatives are from you. He just has enough thumbs ups that it didn’t affect his numbers.

Kids, just knock it off in here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-21-2020, 11:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Kids, just knock it off in here.

Don’t make me take back my thumbs up. Tongue

(11-21-2020, 11:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Kids, just knock it off in here.

Don’t make me take back my thumbs up. Tongue

Just knock it off or I may be forced to make an idle threat.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 11:55 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2020, 10:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Click the number.  Almost all the negatives are from two users.

Anyways I wasn't going for the congeniality prize.  To quote Bernadette Peters or Meryl Streep in Into the Woods, "You're so nice.  You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.  I'm not nice, I'm not good, I'm just right."

That’s okay, almost all of one of those users negatives are from you. He just has enough thumbs ups that it didn’t affect his numbers.

I know the story just as well as you.  Negative points just weren't 'done' until someone started giving them out, not you, not me, not those two.  And apparently they weren't talked about either.  Why would they be?  No one else was giving them, no one else was getting them. Then I started a thread about it. And even though I was the victim, not the instigator, I got blamed. People still blame me.

I used to wonder why there are so many societies where people who report rape or sexual abuse are punished further. Honor killings and stuff like that. I don't wonder about that anymore. When someone holds up a mirror, and you don't like what's in the mirror, the easiest thing to do is knock them down so they can't hold the mirror anymore. If you have the social status to do it, that is what you'll do. Changing your own self and how you interact with the other influential people in the society is harder. I'm not equating the bullying I received here to rape, I'm just making a provocative example to illustrate the point.

I mean I'm all for turning over a new leaf and being more jovial and sharing alcoholic beverages, but if y'all keep bringing it up I'll keep telling you what it was and what it says about you.

(11-21-2020, 11:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That’s okay, almost all of one of those users negatives are from you. He just has enough thumbs ups that it didn’t affect his numbers.

I know the story just as well as you.  Negative points just weren't 'done' until someone started giving them out, not you, not me, not those two.  And apparently they weren't talked about either.  Why would they be?  No one else was giving them, no one else was getting them.  Then I started a thread about it.  And even though I was the victim, not the instigator, I got blamed.  People still blame me.

I used to wonder why there are so many societies where people who report rape or sexual abuse are punished further.  Honor killings and stuff like that.  I don't wonder about that anymore.  When someone holds up a mirror, and you don't like what's in the mirror, the easiest thing to do is knock them down so they can't hold the mirror anymore.  If you have the social status to do it, that is what you'll do.  Changing your own self and how you interact with the other influential people in the society is harder.  I'm not equating the bullying I received here to rape, I'm just making a provocative example to illustrate the point.

I mean I'm all for turning over a new leaf and being more jovial and sharing alcoholic beverages, but if y'all keep bringing it up I'll keep telling you what it was and what it says about you.

Wow. You really went there with a straight face and everything. Man...you are seriously messed up.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 12:10 AM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2020, 06:04 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: When are we having that beer?

But this is what I was talking about, he obviously wasn't following the board when all that went down. The most likely conclusion when someone sees a negative number like that is, "no one here likes him" when the truth is, " two or three other users here are just jerks and the rest didn't want to be bothered."

Again, I want to be above the fray and let the past be forgotten.

But it's right there.

(11-22-2020, 12:01 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: I know the story just as well as you.  Negative points just weren't 'done' until someone started giving them out, not you, not me, not those two.  And apparently they weren't talked about either.  Why would they be?  No one else was giving them, no one else was getting them.  Then I started a thread about it.  And even though I was the victim, not the instigator, I got blamed.  People still blame me.

I used to wonder why there are so many societies where people who report rape or sexual abuse are punished further.  Honor killings and stuff like that.  I don't wonder about that anymore.  When someone holds up a mirror, and you don't like what's in the mirror, the easiest thing to do is knock them down so they can't hold the mirror anymore.  If you have the social status to do it, that is what you'll do.  Changing your own self and how you interact with the other influential people in the society is harder.  I'm not equating the bullying I received here to rape, I'm just making a provocative example to illustrate the point.

Wow. You really went there with a straight face and everything. Man...you are seriously messed up.

Which part of that first paragraph was false?
How would you feel if we switched places?
Why do you think so many societies have victim blaming practices like honor killing?

(11-22-2020, 12:03 AM)mikesez Wrote:

But this is what I was talking about, he obviously wasn't following the board when all that went down. The most likely conclusion when someone sees a negative number like that is, "no one here likes him" when the truth is, " two or three other users here are just jerks and the rest didn't want to be bothered."

But it's right there.

(11-22-2020, 12:01 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Wow. You really went there with a straight face and everything. Man...you are seriously messed up.

Why do you think so many societies have victim blaming practices like honor killing?

Dude, screw the first paragraph. You are equating rape, sexual abuse and honor killings to getting your feelings hurt over a stupid thump button. There aren’t enough words to describe how seriously messed up that is. Dear God, what is wrong with you???

(11-22-2020, 01:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: But this is what I was talking about, he obviously wasn't following the board when all that went down. The most likely conclusion when someone sees a negative number like that is, "no one here likes him" when the truth is, " two or three other users here are just jerks and the rest didn't want to be bothered."

But it's right there.

Dude, screw the first paragraph. You are equating rape, sexual abuse and honor killings to getting your feelings hurt over a stupid thump button. There aren’t enough words to describe how seriously messed up that is. Dear God, what is wrong with you???

He's a "victim", lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 08:56 AM by mikesez.)

(11-22-2020, 01:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: But this is what I was talking about, he obviously wasn't following the board when all that went down. The most likely conclusion when someone sees a negative number like that is, "no one here likes him" when the truth is, " two or three other users here are just jerks and the rest didn't want to be bothered."

But it's right there.

I literally wrote "I'm not equating the two".
It's odd how often you get the opposite meaning out of what I'm writing.
Like, you start reading with the intent of finding something to make you mad.
Do you enjoy being mad?
What's wrong with you?

(11-22-2020, 08:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 01:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Dude, screw the first paragraph. You are equating rape, sexual abuse and honor killings to getting your feelings hurt over a stupid thump button. There aren’t enough words to describe how seriously messed up that is. Dear God, what is wrong with you???

He's a "victim", lol.

Is there a better word for what a person is after someone goes through threads, hardly posting anything, and just dumps negative points on them with no explanation, when they're not doing that to anyone else? I would like to expand my vocabulary.

(11-22-2020, 08:50 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 01:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Dude, screw the first paragraph. You are equating rape, sexual abuse and honor killings to getting your feelings hurt over a stupid thump button. There aren’t enough words to describe how seriously messed up that is. Dear God, what is wrong with you???

I literally wrote "I'm not equating the two".
Do you enjoy being mad?
What's wrong with you?

(11-22-2020, 08:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's a "victim", lol.

Is there a better word for what a person is after someone goes through threads, hardly posting anything, and just dumps negative points on them with no explanation, when they're not doing that to anyone else? I would like to expand my vocabulary.

You're a weasel who tries to manipulate people with words. You write things then pretend that what you clearly said wasn't what you meant. You use "provacative examples" then act like you weren't comparing and trying to enhance your victimhood. You aren't a victim of anything except your own hubris. Bullying...what tripe.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2020, 09:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:50 AM)mikesez Wrote: I literally wrote "I'm not equating the two".
Do you enjoy being mad?
What's wrong with you?

You're a weasel who tries to manipulate people with words. You write things then pretend that what you clearly said wasn't what you meant. You use "provacative examples" then act like you weren't comparing and trying to enhance your victimhood. You aren't a victim of anything except your own hubris. Bullying...what tripe.

You too huh?
I'm here to help!
Let's review definitions-

"Compare" - point out similarities between two things, even though one might be much bigger or more intense than the other. "There wasn't a cloud in the sky.  Jax Beach felt like the surface of the sun."

"Equate" - state that two things are quantitatively the same for the purposes of discussion. "The rapist makes me more angry than the pot dealer, but they both got five years in prison."

(11-22-2020, 09:14 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You're a weasel who tries to manipulate people with words. You write things then pretend that what you clearly said wasn't what you meant. You use "provacative examples" then act like you weren't comparing and trying to enhance your victimhood. You aren't a victim of anything except your own hubris. Bullying...what tripe.

You too huh?
I'm here to help!

"Compare" - point out similarities between two things, even though one might be much bigger or more intense than the other. "There wasn't a cloud in the sky.  Jax Beach felt like the surface of the sun."

"Equate" - state that two things are quantitatively the same for the purposes of discussion. "The rapist makes me more angry than the pot dealer, but they both got five years in prison."

Case study in what I wrote.

(11-22-2020, 09:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:14 AM)mikesez Wrote: You too huh?
I'm here to help!

Case study in what I wrote.

Did you ever see Trevor Noah's interview with Tomi Lahren?