Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 11

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 08:57 PM by Bullseye.)

Going into the holiday week, the tacks have lost two of their last three and are now in second place behind the also 6-3 Colts. the Texans are an underwhelming 2-7 after losing to Cleveland im horrible weather (even for Cleveland), while the Jaguars were screwed by officiating again on a completely bogus holding call that wiped out a TD which represented the difference in a 24-20 loss to the Packers.  Now I readily admit the Packers are a better team than the Jaguars by a long shot.  I readily admit I picked the Packers to win in a rout.  I readily admit given the team's record, I was not broken up about the loss to the Packers, and I readily admit that even without that Penalty, I believe the Packers would have won.  But call the games evenly and fairly.  I think on the whole, the Jaguars outplayed the Packers, and it shouldn't concoct a fictional holding penalty to negate an otherwise earned TD.

In any event, the Colts win over the tacks marred what wound up being a 2-1 week.  Hopefully I can have another unbeaten week.

On to this week's picks...

Pittsburgh (9-0) at Jacksonville (1-8)  Sad notes coming into this game.  First, if the Jaguars lose this game, Shad Khan will be either the fastest or second fastest owner to 100 losses in NFL history.  Secondly, in terms of all time W-L-T percentage, the Jaguars are the third worst team in NFL history with a .433 winning percentage, ahead of only Arizona at .424 and Tampa at .391.  However, despite those ignominious marks, the Jaguars have managed to have success against the Steelers over the years, managing a 14-12 series lead.  The Jaguars are the only team to beat the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh in the same season, and they managed that feat twice (2007, 2017 seasons).  Though as confident as history suggests I might be going into this game, the fact is, for the first time in this series history, this is the first time since the inaugural season of 1995 I go into a Jaguars-Steelers game believing this team has no chance in hell of winning this game.  There is nothing close to a matchup that favors the Jaguars.  The Steelers are first in scoring offense.  The Jaguars are ranked 31st in scoring defense.  The Steelers are 3rd in scoring defense, while the Jaguars are 26th in scoring offense.  The Steelers have a notoriously complex defense that blitzes from all kinds of angles and leads the league in sacks with 36 against a 6th round rookie QB making his 3rd career start.  It goes on and on from there in just about every aspect of the game.  Worse, whatever semblance of pass defense the Jaguars might be able to muster diminished considerably when rookie CB CJ Henderson was placed on IR today.  It appears Steelers' LT Alejandro Villenueva may not play, but the Jaguars' best pass rusher, Josh Allen, is having a down season compared to last year, in large part due to the departures of Ngakoue and Campbell, in part because of what he is being asked to do (play some big end, which carries more run responsibility).  My long hatred of the Steelers would give me joy should the Jaguars pull off the upset here, but I see no way that happens.  Steelers win 31-7.

New England (4-5) at Houston (2-7)-a down year for both franchises.  Though I have mad respect for belichick, I don't buy into the hype the media is pushing that the Patriots could have easily won anoteher couple of games.  WHile true, they also could have lost a couple more games too, including the game to the Jets, who outplayed the Patriots for three quarters until completely folding in the 4th.  Watson is a better QB than Cam Newton this year and he has better weapons.  Houston wins 24-21.

Tennessee (6-3) at Baltimore (6-3) -In a battle of two contending but increasingly desperate teams, the tacks, losers of 3 of their last 4 games, travel to Baltimore to face the Ravens, losers of 2 of the last 3.  While I have not looked at the weather forecasts for the area, I don't think Jackson will face the horrible weather he had last week against the Patriots, and he goes up against a Tennessee defense that seemingly has fallen off in comparisons to seasons past.  While the tacks have a balanced offense, I think this week will be one of those weeks the tacks miss Taylor Lewan, as the Ravens have a wide array of pass rushers, including Judon, Ngakooue and Campbell.  Ravens win 27-17.

Green Bay (7-2) at Indianapolis (6-3)-in another of the week's top matchups, the Packers and Colts battle in Indy.  This time I DID look at the weather forecast for the game.  I don't know if the dome will be closed, but rain is forecast for the game, but no strong winds.  Aaron Rodgers is a future Hall of Fame QB and is capable of picking just about any team apart.  But for the past two games, the Packers have been embarrassed physically, even though last week they beat my hapless Jaguars.  If there is one thing the Colts are capable of being, it's physical.  Colts win 30-24.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:   23-7

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 09:21 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Whelp this is the week I go down, finally disagreeing with bullseye for first time in 5 weeks.
Jags over... j/king, now for the real picks:

Steelers
NE
Tacks
Packers
20-10 overall, I think

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Steelers
Patriots
Ravens
Packers

2-1 last week
19-11 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

21-9 overall.  

this week i will take the 

packers

Ravans

Texans

steelers are the much much better team then the jags. this could be the game jags win they have no busnuiess winning. With al that being said though I don't think it will be,so i am takeing the steelers.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

*My picks for this week*

Steelers---- Jags have traditionally played the Steelers tough, however, not this time......no sir.
Patriots ---- Pats aren't that great this year, but they are better than the Tin Horns..
Ravens---- This one is a tough one to pick as the Ravens have come down to earth a bit recently, but the Tacks have shown they can lay an egg too.
Packers--- The Colts have been playing very well as of late and the Pack seemed to spin their wheels early in the game last week against the Jags. However, I do feel that Rodgers and Adams will be the difference in this one.
Last week:   2-1
Overall    :  20-10
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

2-1 last week, 16-10 for the year. If I'm gonna make a run to the top, I gotta go where they ain't.

Stillers 42 Jags 10 (BOOM!): In a role reversal from earlier in the season, the Jags' D went all out last week and kept the team in the game. I don't think they can do it for two weeks in a row. Big Ben runs passing drills against a suspect secondary, and Luton cements his place on the bench.

Pats 23 tinhorns 22: Watt is not happy at the bottom half of the division standings. Is anyone else p.o.'d though? This one's likely a toss-up, coming down to whoever commits the mistake late.

Baltimore 30 tacks 20: How many of us want to see Derrick Henry abuse Yan all day? We can dream, I guess. Ravens get an early lead and let the pass rush win the day for them.

Pack 31 Indy 20: Was last week a fluke? Did the Pack play down to their opponent? Rodgers uses a squeaker against a doormat as extra motivation and the horseshoes are the unlucky team in his way. Playing in the dome and artificial turf plays to GB's strength, this might go the other way if the game was played outdoors. This game could be the highlight of the weekend. Get your popcorn ready!

2-1 last week
21-9 overall

Steelers over Jaguars
Packers over Colts
Ravens over Titans
Patriots over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 10:50 AM by homebiscuit.)

3-0 last week
19-11 overall

Packers
Pats
Ravens
Going out on a limb and taking the Steelers

16-14 on the season

I ain’t no good at this fellas. Not this year for sure. Me dumb. Dumb af.

Steelers
Ravens
Patriots
Colts

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 07:18 AM by SeldomRite.)

Dang it. I'm going Steelers, Ravens, Texans, colts.

21-9 coming into the week.

(11-19-2020, 08:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Going into the holiday week, the tacks have lost two of their last three and are now in second place behind the also 6-3 Colts. the Texans are an underwhelming 2-7 after losing to Cleveland im horrible weather (even for Cleveland), while the Jaguars were screwed by officiating again on a completely bogus holding call that wiped out a TD which represented the difference in a 24-20 loss to the Packers.  Now I readily admit the Packers are a better team than the Jaguars by a long shot.  I readily admit I picked the Packers to win in a rout.  I readily admit given the team's record, I was not broken up about the loss to the Packers, and I readily admit that even without that Penalty, I believe the Packers would have won.  But call the games evenly and fairly.  I think on the whole, the Jaguars outplayed the Packers, and it shouldn't concoct a fictional holding penalty to negate an otherwise earned TD.

In any event, the Colts win over the tacks marred what wound up being a 2-1 week.  Hopefully I can have another unbeaten week.

On to this week's picks...

Pittsburgh (9-0) at Jacksonville (1-8)  Sad notes coming into this game.  First, if the Jaguars lose this game, Shad Khan will be either the fastest or second fastest owner to 100 losses in NFL history.  Secondly, in terms of all time W-L-T percentage, the Jaguars are the third worst team in NFL history with a .433 winning percentage, ahead of only Arizona at .424 and Tampa at .391.  However, despite those ignominious marks, the Jaguars have managed to have success against the Steelers over the years, managing a 14-12 series lead.  The Jaguars are the only team to beat the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh in the same season, and they managed that feat twice (2007, 2017 seasons).  Though as confident as history suggests I might be going into this game, the fact is, for the first time in this series history, this is the first time since the inaugural season of 1995 I go into a Jaguars-Steelers game believing this team has no chance in hell of winning this game.  There is nothing close to a matchup that favors the Jaguars.  The Steelers are first in scoring offense.  The Jaguars are ranked 31st in scoring defense.  The Steelers are 3rd in scoring defense, while the Jaguars are 26th in scoring offense.  The Steelers have a notoriously complex defense that blitzes from all kinds of angles and leads the league in sacks with 36 against a 6th round rookie QB making his 3rd career start.  It goes on and on from there in just about every aspect of the game.  Worse, whatever semblance of pass defense the Jaguars might be able to muster diminished considerably when rookie CB CJ Henderson was placed on IR today.  It appears Steelers' LT Alejandro Villenueva may not play, but the Jaguars' best pass rusher, Josh Allen, is having a down season compared to last year, in large part due to the departures of Ngakoue and Campbell, in part because of what he is being asked to do (play some big end, which carries more run responsibility).  My long hatred of the Steelers would give me joy should the Jaguars pull off the upset here, but I see no way that happens.  Steelers win 31-7.

New England (4-5) at Houston (2-7)-a down year for both franchises.  Though I have mad respect for belichick, I don't buy into the hype the media is pushing that the Patriots could have easily won anoteher couple of games.  WHile true, they also could have lost a couple more games too, including the game to the Jets, who outplayed the Patriots for three quarters until completely folding in the 4th.  Watson is a better QB than Cam Newton this year and he has better weapons.  Houston wins 24-21.

Tennessee (6-3) at Baltimore (6-3) -In a battle of two contending but increasingly desperate teams, the tacks, losers of 3 of their last 4 games, travel to Baltimore to face the Ravens, losers of 2 of the last 3.  While I have not looked at the weather forecasts for the area, I don't think Jackson will face the horrible weather he had last week against the Patriots, and he goes up against a Tennessee defense that seemingly has fallen off in comparisons to seasons past.  While the tacks have a balanced offense, I think this week will be one of those weeks the tacks miss Taylor Lewan, as the Ravens have a wide array of pass rushers, including Judon, Ngakooue and Campbell.  Ravens win 27-17.

Green Bay (7-2) at Indianapolis (6-3)-in another of the week's top matchups, the Packers and Colts battle in Indy.  This time I DID look at the weather forecast for the game.  I don't know if the dome will be closed, but rain is forecast for the game, but no strong winds.  Aaron Rodgers is a future Hall of Fame QB and is capable of picking just about any team apart.  But for the past two games, the Packers have been embarrassed physically, even though last week they beat my hapless Jaguars.  If there is one thing the Colts are capable of being, it's physical.  Colts win 30-24.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:   23-7

This week:  3-1
Overall:  26-8.

I wasn't betting point spreads, but I got the point spread exactly in the Steelers win over the Jaguars.   IIRC, I was close with the Texans and Patriots.

But I gotta tell you, the end of that Green Bay and Indy game was infuriating.  For those who didn't see the game, there were NINE (9) holding penalties against the Colts, including FIVE (5) in one drive alone.  That drive took place just before the 2 minute warning in the second half.  Due to Penalties (I think there were penalties on 6 straight plays) the Colts could not move the the clock from approximately 2:30 to below 1:58, giving the Packers a chance to win the game late in regulation.  The scary thing about it is there was another play they COULD EASILY have called holding on, and they didn't.  In all my years of watching football, I've never seen that in the NFL...not even during the ugliest preseason games.  Thing is, replay showed they were all legit holding calls.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 10:20 PM by snowwolf776.)

(11-19-2020, 11:09 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 21-9 overall.  

this week i will take the 

packers

Ravans

Texans

steelers are the much much better team then the jags. this could be the game jags win they have no busnuiess winning. With al that being said though I don't think it will be,so i am takeing the steelers.

2-2 this week move to 23-11 overall

(11-19-2020, 09:20 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Whelp this is the week I go down, finally disagreeing with bullseye for first time in 5 weeks.
Jags over... j/king, now for the real picks:

Steelers
NE
Tacks
Packers
20-10 overall, I think

2-2 I think I should copy bullseye lol
22-12 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-20-2020, 10:24 AM)Mikey Wrote: 2-1 last week, 16-10 for the year. If I'm gonna make a run to the top, I gotta go where they ain't.

Stillers 42 Jags 10 (BOOM!): In a role reversal from earlier in the season, the Jags' D went all out last week and kept the team in the game. I don't think they can do it for two weeks in a row.  Big Ben runs passing drills against a suspect secondary, and Luton cements his place on the bench.

Pats 23 tinhorns 22: Watt is not happy at the bottom half of the division standings. Is anyone else p.o.'d though? This one's likely a toss-up, coming down to whoever commits the mistake late.

Baltimore 30 tacks 20: How many of us want to see Derrick Henry abuse Yan all day? We can dream, I guess. Ravens get an early lead and let the pass rush win the day for them.

Pack 31 Indy 20: Was last week a fluke? Did the Pack play down to their opponent? Rodgers uses a squeaker against a doormat as extra motivation and the horseshoes are the unlucky team in his way. Playing in the dome and artificial turf plays to GB's strength, this might go the other way if the game was played outdoors. This game could be the highlight of the weekend. Get your popcorn ready!

woof. 1-3 on the week 16-13. Gonna have to go on a wild perfect streak to get back to competitive.

(11-21-2020, 08:22 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-1 last week
21-9 overall

Steelers over Jaguars
Packers over Colts
Ravens over Titans
Patriots over Texans

Big whiff for me this week

1-3 this week
22-12 overall

Also, F the Ravens
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

we need to have our afc south pickem done before tommorew after bullseyes. texans play lions for thanksgiveing football.