Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if he doesn't concede?

(11-21-2020, 04:49 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think most of the military understands that Biden is President after 12PM on January 20th.  I think if even 2% of our military forces or US marshals or secret service are confused on this point, it's extremely dangerous.

Your inability to understand rhetoric is noted.  Of course there is no legal process.  I'm saying that's irrelevant.

As to your questions under 2), I thought I was very clear in the OP.  I wonder if the SS will arrest Trump and take him out of the country.  I didn't imply they would kill him.  I don't think they would.
You're concerned that some of our military may be confused on who to take orders from after Biden is sworn in?  I think two months is adequate time for them to learn the process, don't you?  
The whole chain-of-command thing seems to have you confused.  Maybe this little secret will help....when the commander-in-chief issues orders, he doesn't actually speak directly to the troops and it's not done on twitter.

You're the one who originally speculated on this nonexistent legal process, but I do agree that much of what you have said is indeed, irrelevant. 

You wonder if the SS will arrest Trump and take him out of the country????  Are you drunk?  Stoned out of your mind?  Can't remember your last sentence?
He can march up and down Pennsylvania Avenue waving a sign proclaiming "I'm still the President", if he wants to.

Okay, let's say you're right about all of our active duty military and Marshals.
What about our retired men and women?
What about our privately organized militias?
Do you think every single one of them will ignore Trump as he marches up and down Pennsylvania avenue with his sign?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Even in this hypothetical scenario you’re still acting like an idiot. You must be scared of your own damn shadow. Now let’s wait and see if mike or Neptune replies.

(11-21-2020, 05:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:49 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You're concerned that some of our military may be confused on who to take orders from after Biden is sworn in?  I think two months is adequate time for them to learn the process, don't you?  
The whole chain-of-command thing seems to have you confused.  Maybe this little secret will help....when the commander-in-chief issues orders, he doesn't actually speak directly to the troops and it's not done on twitter.

You're the one who originally speculated on this nonexistent legal process, but I do agree that much of what you have said is indeed, irrelevant. 

You wonder if the SS will arrest Trump and take him out of the country????  Are you drunk?  Stoned out of your mind?  Can't remember your last sentence?
He can march up and down Pennsylvania Avenue waving a sign proclaiming "I'm still the President", if he wants to.

Okay, let's say you're right about all of our active duty military and Marshals.
Do you think every single one of them will ignore Trump as he marches up and down Pennsylvania avenue with his sign?
You're floundering in desperation.  

Retired doesn't suddenly mean stupid.  Do you really believe people won't understand  that the guy in the White House is the President and the guy on the sidewalk holding a sign isn't?  

I'm sure some of our retired personnel will honk and wave and give him a big thumbs-up.  Beyond that, what will they do, hotwire a B-1?  Steal a destroyer?  (Calls out to wife while rummaging through the junk drawer in the kitchen, "Hey honey, I had an extra set of keys for the tank when I retired.  Do you know where they are?.  Don wants me to drive over to North Korea and kick Kim Jung's butt.")
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 10:32 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2020, 08:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 05:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: Okay, let's say you're right about all of our active duty military and Marshals.

Retired doesn't suddenly mean stupid.  Do you really believe people won't understand  that the guy in the White House is the President and the guy on the sidewalk holding a sign isn't?  

I'm sure some of our retired personnel will honk and wave and give him a big thumbs-up.  Beyond that, what will they do, hotwire a B-1?  Steal a destroyer?  (Calls out to wife while rummaging through the junk drawer in the kitchen, "Hey honey, I had an extra set of keys for the tank when I retired.  Do you know where they are?.  Don wants me to drive over to North Korea and kick Kim Jung's butt.")

We've already seen this year that people can die during protests.
There don't have to be any tanks or bombers involved.  
Just idiots and firearms.
What if the police intervene on the "wrong" side?
Laugh if you want, this has happened in other countries. And here, as recently as the 1960s

(11-21-2020, 08:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 05:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: Okay, let's say you're right about all of our active duty military and Marshals.

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

President trump might not like the losing part of not getting a second term but did he really want to waste his "prime" being president for 4 more years? Now he gets to play golf and start a new network and still be super popular. He can be a king maker or run again in 2024

(11-22-2020, 06:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: President trump might not like the losing part of not getting a second term but did he really want to waste his "prime" being president for 4 more years? Now he gets to play golf and start a new network and still be super popular. He can be a king maker or run again in 2024

I hope he can put a positive spin on it, accept the truth, and get on with his life.  It would be for the best for everyone.  

What we need right now is for the people around him to grow a spine and stop enabling this fantasy that he actually won the election.

(11-22-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 06:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: President trump might not like the losing part of not getting a second term but did he really want to waste his "prime" being president for 4 more years? Now he gets to play golf and start a new network and still be super popular. He can be a king maker or run again in 2024

I hope he can put a positive spin on it, accept the truth, and get on with his life.  It would be for the best for everyone.  

What we need right now is for the people around him to grow a spine and stop enabling this fantasy that he actually won the election.

We will accept the ruling of the SCOTUS. Why are you so damn impatient?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 09:25 AM by mikesez.)

(11-22-2020, 09:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I hope he can put a positive spin on it, accept the truth, and get on with his life.  It would be for the best for everyone.  

SCOTUS may never actually rule or hear any case from Trump.
Besides, you can only speak for yourself. Will Trump and his loyalists accept such a ruling?

(11-22-2020, 09:24 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We will accept the ruling of the SCOTUS. Why are you so damn impatient?

SCOTUS may never actually rule or hear any case from Trump.
Besides, you can only speak for yourself. Will Trump and his loyalists accept such a ruling?

You want me to speak for 75 million people?

(11-22-2020, 09:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: SCOTUS may never actually rule or hear any case from Trump.

You want me to speak for 75 million people?

You're the one who used the word "we." What did you mean by that?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 10:47 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-22-2020, 10:00 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You want me to speak for 75 million people?

You're the one who used the word "we." What did you mean by that?

Reasonable people who have jobs, love the constitution, and don't riot and loot when they don't get their way. Better?

(11-21-2020, 09:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You're floundering in desperation.  

We've already seen this year that people can die during protests.
There don't have to be any tanks or bombers involved.  
Just idiots and firearms.
What if the police intervene on the "wrong" side?
Laugh if you want, this has happened in other countries. And here, as recently as the 1960s

People don't die during peaceful protests, people die during riots and violence.  Encouraging and inciting such behavior is characteristic of the left, not of the right.

You're wrong about the firearms, but I don't find that surprising.

You apparently don't give the police credit for much.  Every day they hear allegations of racism and brutality and see social media posts mocking ambush attacks.  They stand in defense of protesters who are exercising their 1st Amendment rights in screaming for defunding.  All this, yet you're worried they'll  "intervene on the wrong side" when someone says "Biden is President"?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-22-2020, 09:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I hope he can put a positive spin on it, accept the truth, and get on with his life.  It would be for the best for everyone.  

So far, there isn't any sort of case that would make it to the SCOTUS.

(11-22-2020, 11:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We will accept the ruling of the SCOTUS. Why are you so damn impatient?

So far, there isn't any sort of case that would make it to the SCOTUS.

Key words being "so far". Let's see how it plays out.

There's not a court in the land that wants to get involved with this. The USSC, nor any other court, will touch it.

As FSG pointed out in another thread, I don't think Trump concedes until he's brought enough attention to these irregularities. It also makes good campaign fodder down the road for Republicans.

When all the states declare and the GSA makes its proclamation, Trump will step aside.

(11-22-2020, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: There's not a court in the land that wants to get involved with this. The USSC, nor any other court, will touch it.

As FSG pointed out in another thread, I don't think Trump concedes until he's brought enough attention to these irregularities. It also makes good campaign fodder down the road for Republicans.

When all the states declare and the GSA makes its proclamation, Trump will step aside.

Does it really matter what they want? At the end of the day, Americans need to trust the integrity of our election system. It's essentially the backbone of our entire democracy.  

IMO, there is a huge amount of effort being put forth by the Trump legal team for the sole intention of bringing attention to the issue.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 11:54 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

I hear they putt from the rough quite frequently at Riker's Country Club... Trump's next public residence.

(11-22-2020, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: There's not a court in the land that wants to get involved with this. The USSC, nor any other court, will touch it.

Does it really matter what they want? At the end of the day, Americans need to trust the integrity of our election system. It's essentially the backbone of our entire democracy.  

IMO, there is a huge amount of effort being put forth by the Trump legal team for the sole intention of bringing attention to the issue.

You mean the "issues" that are getting laughed out of court?   Where they can't prove or offer any real evidence of any issues?
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-22-2020, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

It entirely matters what they want because they do not want to get involved unless overwhelming evidence is presented to hear a case. So far none has. Had the courts been wanting to get involved based on the scantest of evidence, that would be more alarming than election fraud. 

Judges are keenly aware that courts becoming involved in the domain of voter decision is a dangerous place.

(11-22-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does it really matter what they want? At the end of the day, Americans need to trust the integrity of our election system. It's essentially the backbone of our entire democracy.  

It entirely matters what they want because they do not want to get involved unless overwhelming evidence is presented to hear a case. So far none has. Had the courts been wanting to get involved based on the scantest of evidence, that would be more alarming than election fraud. 

Judges are keenly aware that courts becoming involved in the domain of voter decision is a dangerous place.

Look who took their logic pills today!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.