Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if he doesn't concede?

(11-22-2020, 03:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You'll have to explain that one.
You think all of this is because Trump is trying to show irregularities to help future voting? Trump won’t care at all about future elections once he’s out of office. He cares about himself (nothing wrong with that. Most people do) and he’s just upset he lost to “the worst candidate in history”.

If Trump had won by these narrow margins, would he still be looking into irregularities that may have led to him winning?

I think this is all for show and to show his cult like following that he’s still “fighting for them” as they give him more money.

The money part is what I was alluding to. How do people give Trump money?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 05:54 PM by The Real Marty.)

(11-22-2020, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You think all of this is because Trump is trying to show irregularities to help future voting? Trump won’t care at all about future elections once he’s out of office. He cares about himself (nothing wrong with that. Most people do) and he’s just upset he lost to “the worst candidate in history”.

If Trump had won by these narrow margins, would he still be looking into irregularities that may have led to him winning?

I think this is all for show and to show his cult like following that he’s still “fighting for them” as they give him more money.

The money part is what I was alluding to. How do people give Trump money?

There are many ways people can give Trump money.  

For example, just a couple of weeks ago he set up his own PAC, the Save America PAC.  Then he started asking people to contribute to his "Election Defense Fund."  The fine print on the Election Defense Fund website says the money actually goes to the Save America PAC.  Trump controls the Save America Pac, so he can spend the money it takes in as he sees fit.  He can hire himself to run it, he can hire his kids, he can practically do whatever he wants with the money.  

https://apnews.com/article/money-donald-...92ca740c7d

“This is a slush fund. That’s the bottom line,” said Paul S. Ryan, a longtime campaign finance attorney with the good government group Common Cause. “Trump may just continue to string out this meritless litigation in order to fleece his own supporters of their money and use it in the coming years to pad his own lifestyle while teasing a 2024 candidacy.”

[font=FreightText, Georgia, serif]Save America is a type of campaign committee that is often referred to as a “leadership PAC,” which has higher contribution limits — $5,000 per year — and faces fewer restrictions on how the money is spent. Unlike candidate campaign accounts, leadership PACs can also be tapped to pay for personal expenses.[/font]

(11-22-2020, 05:43 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The money part is what I was alluding to. How do people give Trump money?

For example, just a couple of weeks ago he set up his own PAC, the Save America PAC.  Then he started asking people to contribute to his "Election Defense Fund."  The fine print on the Election Defense Fund website says the money actually goes to the Save America PAC.  Trump controls the Save America Pac, so he can spend the money it takes in as he sees fit.  He can hire himself to run it, he can hire his kids, he can practically do whatever he wants with the money.  

“This is a slush fund. That’s the bottom line,” said Paul S. Ryan, a longtime campaign finance attorney with the good government group Common Cause. “Trump may just continue to string out this meritless litigation in order to fleece his own supporters of their money and use it in the coming years to pad his own lifestyle while teasing a 2024 candidacy.”

[font=FreightText, Georgia, serif]Save America is a type of campaign committee that is often referred to as a “leadership PAC,” which has higher contribution limits — $5,000 per year — and faces fewer restrictions on how the money is spent. Unlike candidate campaign accounts, leadership PACs can also be tapped to pay for personal expenses.[/font]

They forgot to add 'Liberal Advocacy Group" to the description of Common Cause, a mere oversight I'm sure.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2020, 05:43 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The money part is what I was alluding to. How do people give Trump money?

Since this is legal, you can rest assured Trump isn't the only one doing it *cough democrats*. But the DNCMSM won't dare investigate and cast unfounded speculation upon them, doncha know. 

This article is nothing but pure speculation, using such hard hitting journalistic terms such as "may", "can also be", and "could be". That's some Pulitzer stuff, right there. The only fact presented is that a PAC was formed.

(11-22-2020, 12:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It entirely matters what they want because they do not want to get involved unless overwhelming evidence is presented to hear a case. So far none has. Had the courts been wanting to get involved based on the scantest of evidence, that would be more alarming than election fraud. 

Judges are keenly aware that courts becoming involved in the domain of voter decision is a dangerous place.

Personally, I'd like to see a deeper investigation into Dominion. The claims Sidney Powell are making are pretty serious. An investigation into the source code on those machines would put the Dominion issue to rest pretty quickly and not involve the SCOTUS.
Lol how are Powells claims looking now?

(11-22-2020, 08:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Personally, I'd like to see a deeper investigation into Dominion. The claims Sidney Powell are making are pretty serious. An investigation into the source code on those machines would put the Dominion issue to rest pretty quickly and not involve the SCOTUS.
Lol how are Powells claims looking now?

As expected.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-22-2020, 10:40 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol how are Powells claims looking now?

As expected.

You know, this is the part I don't understand. Powell was a respected player in Washington, what would she be thinking to go all in on something like this if she had nothing to back it up. It seems she's more invested than just grandstanding and she has no future political ambitions that she's ever revealed. So, what's her motivation to be involved in this? Just money? It seems there's easier ways to make a buck than scatter blasting her reputation all over the Capitol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yeah, I had no reason to think Powell was lying. She was making some outlandish claims, but I just don't see what she stood to gain by lying publicly. She had a solid reputation.

Wonder what the heck this means?

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1330...06857?s=20
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-23-2020, 12:11 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Wonder what the heck this means?

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1330...06857?s=20
Basically the statement that she wasn't on the Trump team was needed for financial or something she is filing this week. I suspect it is both, but most likely tied to her filing she said is happening in GA. It will supposedly impact all the RINOs, so that may not be good to have a Trump lawyer doing that. She also was never paid or hired by Trump or GOP to begin with.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

If he doesn't concede
[Image: 8be009f718d4581020b835f8335a66f6--republ...blican.jpg]

(11-22-2020, 01:31 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 01:09 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Thanks for bringing some sanity to this forum. Unfortunately, I am skeptical that this lunatic is capable of accepting the truth that he lost this election by more than six million votes. The saddest part of this is to see so few Republican leaders speak out about this. I guess we shouldn't be surprised as politicians are often lumped together with used-car salesmen in matters of character. I doubt we'd see a much different response from Democratic leaders "if the shoe were on the other foot." 

As far as the people who continue to support Trump on this forum and elsewhere, I can attribute this primarily to these factors:

1. They are incapable of admitting they are wrong. To make statements like, " I don't like his personality, but he's still a great president" is mind-boggling. It takes much more than boosting the stock market and trade relations to be considered great. The way he dealt with Covid automatically places him at the very bottom of presidential rankings. 

2. Somewhat related to number 1, the most ardent Trump supporters remain that way due to their true hatred of democrats. It kills them to see democrats gloating about Trump's humiliating defeat so they consider it somewhat of a betrayal to their party if they concede that this guy has done great harm to our country. One doesn't have to stop supporting the Republican party to reject Trump; thankfully enough voters did this on election day yet still voted for other Republicans on the ballot.

3. Finally, some who do things like go maskless at his rallies despite being at risk simply lack the intelligence to think for themselves. I feel sorry for this group of people because they simply don't know any better. Others in this maskless group are analogous to members of a cult. Their identity (sense of worth) is based on belonging to this group of followers and they'd never risk losing the approval of other followers and their leader, Donald Trump.

Excellent post.  Some related educational materials:

https://freedomofmind.com/how-to-rescue-...-approach/
Thanks. Looks like interesting reads.

(11-22-2020, 03:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You'll have to explain that one.
You think all of this is because Trump is trying to show irregularities to help future voting? Trump won’t care at all about future elections once he’s out of office. He cares about himself (nothing wrong with that. Most people do) and he’s just upset he lost to “the worst candidate in history”.

The answer is a definitive NO.  Trump actually won in 2016 by much narrower margins (vs Hillary) in most of the swing states that Biden flipped.  Trump seemed to be ok with those narrow margins when he came out on the winning end.