Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fields 2 interceptions vs. IU already..

(11-21-2020, 06:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm watching Mac Jones of Alabama right now. I swear, every time I watch him, I like him more and more. He throws such a "catchable" pass and his deep throws are money. He may not have a cannon, but he definitely has an NFL arm and he's not afraid to stick in the pocket and deliver the ball, even if he knows he's gonna get hit after the release. I'm becoming enamored with this guy. The coaches rave about his work ethic as well. He reminds me a little of Joe Burrow in the fact that he played behind other guys, but he was such a hard worker that when he got his chance to shine, he really took advantage of the opportunity. If you guys get a chance to watch him, please do.

Najee Harris may also be the best RB, I've ever seen coming out of Alabama. He was good last year, but this year he's fantastic. He looks faster and he's hitting the running lanes much quicker and he runs with power. He's by far, the best RB I've watched this season. This is a fun offense to watch.

I think there is a chance the Crimson Tide could have 4 guys taken in the top 20 (Jones, Harris, Devonta Smith and Alex Leatherwood.)

Im a big Harris fan but he ain't better than Shaun Alexander or Derrick Henry. Florida has a good supporting cast, but man I wish I could see what Trask could do with that oline, Rbs, and WRs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-21-2020, 08:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm watching Mac Jones of Alabama right now. I swear, every time I watch him, I like him more and more. He throws such a "catchable" pass and his deep throws are money. He may not have a cannon, but he definitely has an NFL arm and he's not afraid to stick in the pocket and deliver the ball, even if he knows he's gonna get hit after the release. I'm becoming enamored with this guy. The coaches rave about his work ethic as well. He reminds me a little of Joe Burrow in the fact that he played behind other guys, but he was such a hard worker that when he got his chance to shine, he really took advantage of the opportunity. If you guys get a chance to watch him, please do.

Najee Harris may also be the best RB, I've ever seen coming out of Alabama. He was good last year, but this year he's fantastic. He looks faster and he's hitting the running lanes much quicker and he runs with power. He's by far, the best RB I've watched this season. This is a fun offense to watch.

I think there is a chance the Crimson Tide could have 4 guys taken in the top 20 (Jones, Harris, Devonta Smith and Alex Leatherwood.)

Im a big Harris fan but he ain't better than Shaun Alexander or Derrick Henry. Florida has a good supporting cast, but man I wish I could see what Trask could do with that oline, Rbs, and WRs

I would put him equal to Alexander. I forgot Henry was from Alabama. Maybe I'd have him just below Henry. To have a guy that big and that fast with that much field vision is a rare thing. Harris is gonna make some team very happy, as long as they have a halfway decent O-Line.

(11-21-2020, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If it's not TreLaw then it's crap.

What do you not like about Trask?

I think he's a system QB and less than Dak Prescott.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2020, 08:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do you not like about Trask?

I think he's a system QB and less than Dak Prescott.

Why not put him in that system then?  He's much more accurate than Prescott was coming out and putting up way better numbers.  Hes been going through his reads, looking defenders off, and hitting the short, intermediate, and down field passes

(11-22-2020, 09:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think he's a system QB and less than Dak Prescott.

Why not put him in that system then?  He's much more accurate than Prescott was coming out and putting up way better numbers.  Hes been going through his reads, looking defenders off, and hitting the short, intermediate, and down field passes

You're welcome to him, I see a guy not a top 5 pick.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2020, 09:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think he's a system QB and less than Dak Prescott.

Agreed. I don't see any similarity between them. Trask is a pocket passer who makes all his reads and gets rid of the ball quickly. Dak was a running QB who was marginal as a passer, because he relied on his athleticism so much in college. In 2014, Dak ran the ball over 200 times. You'll never see Trask doing that. If anything, Dak was a system QB who had to adjust to being a pocket passer in the NFL.

QBs have bad games. It happens. He was under duress a lot with his O-line letting free rushers go all day. He still made a ton of NFL throws all day, not to mention his athleticism.

If he has another game like this I think we should be concerned.

(11-22-2020, 10:56 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: QBs have bad games.  It happens.  He was under duress a lot with his O-line letting free rushers go all day.  He still made a ton of NFL throws all day, not to mention his athleticism.

He's been wild with his throws for a long time. His receivers have been bailing him out with great catches all season. Olave alone, has been a human highlight film, reeling in several overthrows by Fields. I wouldn't take him if he was there in the 3rd round. I just don't see an NFL QB, when I watch him play.

(11-22-2020, 10:56 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: QBs have bad games.  It happens.  He was under duress a lot with his O-line letting free rushers go all day.  He still made a ton of NFL throws all day, not to mention his athleticism.

Its the only game where he played a decent defense.  Last year when he played a decent defense in Clemson he thew a couple picks that game too.

(11-22-2020, 11:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its the only game where he played a decent defense.  Last year when he played a decent defense in Clemson he thew a couple picks that game too.

Fields has been slightly better against ranked teams than Lawrence has fwiw. You're way overemphasizing one game.

"So Fields stats in these 8 games are 154-235 (65.5%), 2100 yards (8.9 Y/A), 16 TDs (6.8%), 6 INTs (2.6%), and a 7-1 record. That's pretty good. By comparison, in 9 ranked games for Trevor Lawrence, his stats are: 207-318 (65.1%), 2622 yards (8.2 Y/A), 18 TDs (5.7%), 2 INTs (0.6%), and an 8-1 record. Obviously the 3 INTs today ballooned Fields' INT%, but otherwise they're very comparable statistically."

(11-22-2020, 01:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its the only game where he played a decent defense.  Last year when he played a decent defense in Clemson he thew a couple picks that game too.

Fields has been slightly better against ranked teams than Lawrence has fwiw. You're way overemphasizing one game.

"So Fields stats in these 8 games are 154-235 (65.5%), 2100 yards (8.9 Y/A), 16 TDs (6.8%), 6 INTs (2.6%), and a 7-1 record. That's pretty good. By comparison, in 9 ranked games for Trevor Lawrence, his stats are: 207-318 (65.1%), 2622 yards (8.2 Y/A), 18 TDs (5.7%), 2 INTs (0.6%), and an 8-1 record. Obviously the 3 INTs today ballooned Fields' INT%, but otherwise they're very comparable statistically."

Cool stats, go look at Trask stats on the year.  Against the 2 decent Ds he has played the last couple years he has 5 picks in those 2 games

Not sure why you brought up Trask, but he didn't look like a Sunday QB yesterday either.

(11-22-2020, 04:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Not sure why you brought up Trask, but he didn't look like a Sunday QB yesterday either.

Lol

(11-22-2020, 04:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Not sure why you brought up Trask, but he didn't look like a Sunday QB yesterday either.

I'd take Trask and Mac Jones in a heartbeat, over Fields.

(11-22-2020, 04:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'd take Trask and Mac Jones in a heartbeat, over Fields.

I know dude you say it every other post. We are all well aware that you are content with having a mediocre team.

(11-22-2020, 05:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd take Trask and Mac Jones in a heartbeat, over Fields.

I know dude you say it every other post. We are all well aware that you are content with having a mediocre team.

So if you want Jones or Trask means you are content with having a mediocre team?  You're comical at times man.   The only reason you want Fields is because of the early mocks and twitter

(11-22-2020, 05:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:05 PM)Upper Wrote: I know dude you say it every other post. We are all well aware that you are content with having a mediocre team.

So if you want Jones or Trask means you are content with having a mediocre team?  You're comical at times man.   The only reason you want Fields is because of the early mocks and twitter

More or less, it means your focus is more about building up a contending surrounding talent and settling at QB. Teams don't win SB that way very often, and the few that do don't sustain the success.

(11-22-2020, 05:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if you want Jones or Trask means you are content with having a mediocre team?  You're comical at times man.   The only reason you want Fields is because of the early mocks and twitter

More or less, it means your focus is more about building up a contending surrounding talent and settling at QB. Teams don't win SB that way very often, and the few that do don't sustain the success.

You can do both with as many picks as we have.  We have 2 1sts and 2 2nds

You're right, we can take the best QB at 2 and still field a competent surrounding cast with our other quality picks. Taking a non QB at 2 and setting for the 5th QB in this class would not be doing both.

(11-22-2020, 05:33 PM)Upper Wrote: You're right, we can take the best QB at 2 and still field a competent surrounding cast with our other quality picks. Taking a non QB at 2 and setting for the 5th QB in this class would not be doing both.

Just because you think a guy is the 2nd best QB doesn't mean every other team will think the same. I love what the Raiders did in 2014.  They got the best pass rusher and then the best QB in the draft with their 2nd pick when you wanted to tank for a QB that has been an average at best QB and went at the bottom of the first. Its about value, take the best player on your board and don't reach for a player at a certain position