Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fields 2 interceptions vs. IU already..

(11-22-2020, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:33 PM)Upper Wrote: You're right, we can take the best QB at 2 and still field a competent surrounding cast with our other quality picks. Taking a non QB at 2 and setting for the 5th QB in this class would not be doing both.

Just because you think a guy is the 2nd best QB doesn't mean every other team will think the same. I love what the Raiders did in 2014.  They got the best pass rusher and then the best QB in the draft with their 2nd pick when you wanted to tank for a QB that has been an average at best QB and went at the bottom of the first. Its about value, take the best player on your board and don't reach for a player at a certain position

Yes, you love what that one team did that one time. What about the dozens and dozens of times that other teams have tried that and got nothing? And it's not exactly like the Raiders have killed it with that approach either it's been 7 years and they're just now looking decent. Like I said, y'all are happy with mediocrity. Which I'm not really knocking per se, when you've been one of the very worst teams for the last 20 years mediocrity is awfully appealing. It's just not for me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 06:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-22-2020, 05:54 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just because you think a guy is the 2nd best QB doesn't mean every other team will think the same. I love what the Raiders did in 2014.  They got the best pass rusher and then the best QB in the draft with their 2nd pick when you wanted to tank for a QB that has been an average at best QB and went at the bottom of the first. Its about value, take the best player on your board and don't reach for a player at a certain position

Yes, you love what that one team did that one time. What about the dozens and dozens of times that other teams have tried that and got nothing? And it's not exactly like the Raiders have killed it with that approach either it's been 7 years and they're just now looking decent. Like I said, y'all are happy with mediocrity. Which I'm not really knocking per se, when you've been one of the very worst teams for the last 20 years mediocrity is awfully appealing. It's just not for me.

Yeah, you like reaching for a QB just because you need one or taking one with a top 2 pick that isn't even the 2nd best QB.  How many teams in the last 20 years have messed that up?  I expect that from you though with the guys twitter has told you we should draft over the years like like Geno, tank for Teddy, Beasley, and Haskins

Definitely, only twitter likes Fields. No one else.

(11-22-2020, 06:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Definitely, only twitter likes Fields. No one else.

Just saying you have always liked to reach for certain players because of need instead of take the best player.  Its how GMs get fired more often than not

(11-22-2020, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:33 PM)Upper Wrote: You're right, we can take the best QB at 2 and still field a competent surrounding cast with our other quality picks. Taking a non QB at 2 and setting for the 5th QB in this class would not be doing both.

Just because you think a guy is the 2nd best QB doesn't mean every other team will think the same. I love what the Raiders did in 2014.  They got the best pass rusher and then the best QB in the draft with their 2nd pick when you wanted to tank for a QB that has been an average at best QB and went at the bottom of the first. Its about value, take the best player on your board and don't reach for a player at a certain position
Hahahaha the Raiders?! That’s what you got? I’ll pass on becoming the Raiders. They will never win a SB with Carr.

And I think the Jags will take the best player on the board and there are many that have Fields at 2.

Regardless of who the QB is next year (thank god it won’t be Minshew or Luton), they need an offensive minded HC to reach full potential.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 07:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-22-2020, 07:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just because you think a guy is the 2nd best QB doesn't mean every other team will think the same. I love what the Raiders did in 2014.  They got the best pass rusher and then the best QB in the draft with their 2nd pick when you wanted to tank for a QB that has been an average at best QB and went at the bottom of the first. Its about value, take the best player on your board and don't reach for a player at a certain position
Hahahaha the Raiders?! That’s what you got? I’ll pass on becoming the Raiders. They will never win a SB with Carr.

And I think the Jags will take the best player on the board and there are many that have Fields at 2.

Regardless of who the QB is next year (thank god it won’t be Minshew or Luton), they need an offensive minded HC to reach full potential.
That was just one example.  Carr has been the least of the Raiders problems over the years. Wasnt you one of the tank for Teddy guys? You would of passed on Mack for a guy taken with the last pick in the first.  I like what the Ravens have done, Ozzie Newsom has been one of the best GMs ever.  He took Hurst and then a few picks later took Jackson a few picks later because he had Hurst higher on his board.  Hurst wasnt the right guy but its just another example of how you build winning teams, then went on to take another TE in the 3rd not because of need but because he was again the top guy on the board.  That is how you build a winning franchise.  If a QB is the top guy on you board, then take him but don't reach when you have a team with this many holes and pass up an All Pro player at another position.  How do you know many have Fields number 2?  What GMs did you talk to?

(11-22-2020, 07:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How do you know many have Fields number 2?  What GMs did you talk to?

Hell by that logic how do we even know Lawrence is #1? His game against Syracuse was actually pretty blah against awful competition, and it only takes one meh game to nuke a draft stock as we all just found out. What GMs did you talk to?

(11-22-2020, 07:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha the Raiders?! That’s what you got? I’ll pass on becoming the Raiders. They will never win a SB with Carr.

That was just one example.  Carr has been the least of the Raiders problems over the years. Wasnt you one of the tank for Teddy guys?  You would of passed on Mack for a guy taken with the last pick in the first.  I like what the Ravens have done, Ozzie Newsom has been one of the best GMs ever.  He took Hurst and then a few picks later took Jackson a few picks later because he had Hurst higher on his board.  Hurst wasnt the right guy but its just another example of how you build winning teams, then went on to take another TE in the 3rd not because of need but because he was again the top guy on the board.  That is how you build a winning franchise.  If a QB is the top guy on you board, then take him but don't reach when you have a team with this many holes and pass up an All Pro player at another position.  How do you know many have Fields number 2?  What GMs did you talk to?
And if someone had taken Lamar with the pick right before the Ravens drafted him? Then what?

You can’t wait around for a QB and hope other teams pass. If you deem a QB as a true franchise guy, you take them at your earliest pick. Lets say you love Trask (which you clearly do) but you don’t think he will go very high so you take Sewell. 

Then, Trask Jones Wilson and Fields all go before your next pick. Then what? You’re stuck with Luton and Minshew next year. 

If you love any one of the QBs, take them at 2.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 07:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-22-2020, 07:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How do you know many have Fields number 2?  What GMs did you talk to?

Hell by that logic how do we even know Lawrence is #1? His game against Syracuse was actually pretty blah against awful competition, and it only takes one meh game to nuke a draft stock as we all just found out. What GMs did you talk to?

Lawrence is the best QB to come out since Luck easily but probably the best to come out since Manning.  Lawrence is a guaranteed lock with the 1st overall pick. While he was winning a championship his freshman year Fields was backing up a QB in Georgia

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 08:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-22-2020, 07:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That was just one example.  Carr has been the least of the Raiders problems over the years. Wasnt you one of the tank for Teddy guys?  You would of passed on Mack for a guy taken with the last pick in the first.  I like what the Ravens have done, Ozzie Newsom has been one of the best GMs ever.  He took Hurst and then a few picks later took Jackson a few picks later because he had Hurst higher on his board.  Hurst wasnt the right guy but its just another example of how you build winning teams, then went on to take another TE in the 3rd not because of need but because he was again the top guy on the board.  That is how you build a winning franchise.  If a QB is the top guy on you board, then take him but don't reach when you have a team with this many holes and pass up an All Pro player at another position.  How do you know many have Fields number 2?  What GMs did you talk to?
And if someone had taken Lamar with the pick right before the Ravens drafted him? Then what?

You can’t wait around for a QB and hope other teams pass. If you deem a QB as a true franchise guy, you take them at your earliest pick. Lets say you love Trask (which you clearly do) but you don’t think he will go very high so you take Sewell. 

Then, Trask Jones Wilson and Fields all go before your next pick. Then what? You’re stuck with Luton and Minshew next year. 

If you love any one of the QBs, take them at 2.

I do really like Trask but I'm not gonna dig my heals into a guy yet like some on here when there is so much football left.  Sewell won't play another game in college so my opinion on him won't change.  I like Trask as of now but it could definitely change with games to be played

And on Jackson, I dont think they will ever win a championship with him at QB. Tebow has more playoff wins than Jackson

(11-22-2020, 07:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:42 PM)Upper Wrote: Hell by that logic how do we even know Lawrence is #1? His game against Syracuse was actually pretty blah against awful competition, and it only takes one meh game to nuke a draft stock as we all just found out. What GMs did you talk to?

Lawrence is the best QB to come out since Luck easily but probably the best to come out since Manning.  Lawrence is a guaranteed lock with the 1st overall pick. While he was winning a championship his freshman year Fields was backing up a QB in Georgia

You only say that because twitter told you.

(11-22-2020, 08:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lawrence is the best QB to come out since Luck easily but probably the best to come out since Manning.  Lawrence is a guaranteed lock with the 1st overall pick. While he was winning a championship his freshman year Fields was backing up a QB in Georgia

You only say that because twitter told you.

I haven't been on Twitter in about 3 years lol.  I dont even remember my pw.  I made it to get Jag updates but never really used it

(11-22-2020, 04:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Not sure why you brought up Trask, but he didn't look like a Sunday QB yesterday either.

I'd take Trask and Mac Jones in a heartbeat, over Fields.

You're literally crazy if you would do this.

Like, barking at the moon crazy.  Neither has talent anywhere near Fields.  Didn't you want Rudolph in the 1st?

I'm with Upper, give me Fields every time. 

We've basically never been in this position before, don't screw it up, don't overthink it.

If we're not #1, then I'm favoring Fields > Sewell >>>>>>>>> some blunder of a pick (with the previous two on the board at 2).

(11-23-2020, 01:28 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'm with Upper, give me Fields every time. 

We've basically never been in this position before, don't screw it up, don't overthink it.

We have never been in this position before? Lol

(11-23-2020, 06:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 01:28 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'm with Upper, give me Fields every time. 

We have never been in this position before? Lol

At the top of a 2 QB draft? Not really.

(11-23-2020, 07:12 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 06:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have never been in this position before? Lol

At the top of a 2 QB draft? Not really.

Is it a QB heavy draft?  Some think its Lawrence or Fields or bust.  Most of the best Qbs in the league right now went outside of the top 5.  What top QBs right now went in the top 5? Murray and Burrow went 1 but neither are a top QB yet.

(11-23-2020, 08:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 07:12 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: At the top of a 2 QB draft? Not really.

Is it a QB heavy draft?  Some think its Lawrence or Fields or bust.  Most of the best Qbs in the league right now went outside of the top 5.  What top QBs right now went in the top 5? Murray and Burrow went 1 but neither are a top QB yet.

Clearly you're the overthink it type.

(11-23-2020, 12:47 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd take Trask and Mac Jones in a heartbeat, over Fields.

You're literally crazy if you would do this.

Like, barking at the moon crazy.  Neither has talent anywhere near Fields.  Didn't you want Rudolph in the 1st?

Obviously you haven't watched Fields play very much, because his flaws are pretty obvious. Are any of these prospects perfect? Of course not, I even have some minor concerns with Lawrence, but he is undeniably the best in the class. With Fields, he has gotten to this point purely on athleticism alone. He lacks pocket presence, he doesn't go through his reads and his passes are wildly inconsistent. He has some of the best WR's in the country and they are constantly bailing him out, especially Olave. I live in southwestern Ohio and I see it each and every week. Like I said, Trask and Jones are far from perfect, but give me a QB with instincts, pocket presence and accuracy any day of the week over one that is just an athlete with a strong arm. 

As for Rudolph, yes I did. I still believe he will be a good NFL QB, but unlike the other highly touted QB's that were taken in that draft, he landed in a spot where he is playing behind a future hall of famer, who is having an MVP type season. He'll get his chance someday and I believe he will show just how good he is. Sitting and learning behind Roethlisberger will only help him.