Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fields 2 interceptions vs. IU already..

(11-24-2020, 01:21 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Lol this thread is ridiculous. If we stay at #2 we are taking Fields. Fields would be the #1 pick in just about every draft the Lawrence isnt in. The crowd against Fields is the one guy that still thinks Tebow is a good QB and the other guy that was in love with Mason Rudolph and thought Herbert was going to bust. You can take both of their opinions and throw them in the trash. The gap between Fields and Trask/Jones is tremendous. You guys better get used to the idea of Fields wearing teal next year, unless the Jets get lucky and win a game or 2.

It would just be par for the course. As Jaguars fans, we are so used to bad picks and losing, that we're kind of immune to it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2020, 01:21 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Lol this thread is ridiculous. If we stay at #2 we are taking Fields. Fields would be the #1 pick in just about every draft the Lawrence isnt in. The crowd against Fields is the one guy that still thinks Tebow is a good QB and the other guy that was in love with Mason Rudolph and thought Herbert was going to bust. You can take both of their opinions and throw them in the trash. The gap between Fields and Trask/Jones is tremendous. You guys better get used to the idea of Fields wearing teal next year, unless the Jets get lucky and win a game or 2.

So you think Fields would of been the number 1 pick in a group like last years class?  Hell no, he would of been the 3rd or 4th QB taken.  He might be better than Tua, not sure.  But he ain't better than Burrow or Herbert

I think Fields would have been QB2 last year. We can't use hindsight, people were not that high on Herbert last year.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 11:00 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-24-2020, 10:45 AM)Upper Wrote: I think Fields would have been QB2 last year. We can't use hindsight, people were not that high on Herbert last year.

Most was high on Herbert and a lot had him over Tua.  Miami just picked the wrong guy imo. Some had him QB 1 until Burrow had one of the best seasons ever

(11-24-2020, 10:45 AM)Upper Wrote: I think Fields would have been QB2 last year. We can't use hindsight, people were not that high on Herbert last year.

I remember two years ago there was talk about Herbert coming out early and was talked about being the #1 guy that year. He returned to school and had a down season which is what caused his "slide". Combined with Burrow coming out of nowhere.

I dunno if Fields would have been 2 or 3 (between he and Tua) but I agree I think Herbert was sliding at that point and wasn't recovering.

Bolts got lucky though. Herbert has looked good

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 11:14 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-24-2020, 11:03 AM)Kane Wrote:

I remember two years ago there was talk about Herbert coming out early and was talked about being the #1 guy that year. He returned to school and had a down season which is what caused his "slide". Combined with Burrow coming out of nowhere.

I dunno if Fields would have been 2 or 3 (between he and Tua) but I agree I think Herbert was sliding at that point and wasn't recovering.

Herbert went 6th so I guess its a little latter than expected, but Dolphins are probably one of if not the only team in the league that would of taken Tua over Herbert just because they loved him the year before

(11-24-2020, 11:03 AM)Kane Wrote:

What makes you think Herbert had a down year? Lol. He had more yards, more TDs and less ints .  His slide was because of Burrows season and Miami liked Tua for 2 years. Herbert has all the tools you look for in a franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 11:17 AM by Kane.)

(11-24-2020, 11:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:03 AM)Kane Wrote: I remember two years ago there was talk about Herbert coming out early and was talked about being the #1 guy that year. He returned to school and had a down season which is what caused his "slide". Combined with Burrow coming out of nowhere.

Herbert went 6th so I guess its a little latter than expected, but Dolphins are probably one of if not the only team in the league that would of taken Tua over Herbert just because they loved him the year before

Yeah but it's possible the Bolts take Fields if he comes out. Or Miami takes Fields and Bolts landed Tua.

We just don't know really. Herbert went from 2019 predraft consensus #1 QB to 3rd QB taken in 2020. And with the year Fields had last year I could have seen a team falling in love with that style in the midst of the current NFL landscape. 

I think though once Tua was medically cleared he was gonna be 2nd QB taken.

(11-24-2020, 11:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:03 AM)Kane Wrote: I remember two years ago there was talk about Herbert coming out early and was talked about being the #1 guy that year. He returned to school and had a down season which is what caused his "slide". Combined with Burrow coming out of nowhere.

What makes you think Herbert had a down year? Lol. He had more yards, more TDs and less ints .  His slide was because of Burrows season and Miami liked Tua for 2 years.  Herbert has all the tools you look for in a franchise QB.

Well admittedly I don't watch a lot of PAC12 but I'm going off memory from predraft talk over the past two years.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 11:55 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-24-2020, 11:15 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Herbert went 6th so I guess its a little latter than expected, but Dolphins are probably one of if not the only team in the league that would of taken Tua over Herbert just because they loved him the year before

Yeah but it's possible the Bolts take Fields if he comes out. Or Miami takes Fields and Bolts landed Tua.

We just don't know really. Herbert went from 2019 predraft consensus #1 QB to 3rd QB taken in 2020. And with the year Fields had last year I could have seen a team falling in love with that style in the midst of the current NFL landscape. 

I think though once Tua was medically cleared he was gonna be 2nd QB taken.

(11-24-2020, 11:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Herbert went 6th so I guess its a little latter than expected, but Dolphins are probably one of if not the only team in the league that would of taken Tua over Herbert just because they loved him the year before

What makes you think Herbert had a down year? Lol. He had more yards, more TDs and less ints .  His slide was because of Burrows season and Miami liked Tua for 2 years.  Herbert has all the tools you look for in a franchise QB.

Well admittedly I don't watch a lot of PAC12 but I'm going off memory from predraft talk over the past two years.

I dont watch a lot of PAC12 games either but the few games I watched was supper impressive.  When he throws the ball it almost looks like Josh Allen or Mahomes with the arm strength and not to mention the similar size.  He had a great LT but he didn't have the weapons that Burrow and Tua had.

I never once said Herbert was going to be a bust. I said I had concerns about him, because his completion percentage dipped below 60% in 2018, but he brought that up to almost 67% his Senior year. Admittedly, I liked Burrow better and said Tua was a better prospect (when healthy,) but I had major concerns about him, because of all the injuries. I don't see how any of this matters anyway, since all were off the board by the time we picked. We had no shot at any of them. We all knew we weren't getting a franchise QB last year. That was evident. I wanted Tristan Wirfs and Jaylon Johnson with our first two picks.

(11-24-2020, 12:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I never once said Herbert was going to be a bust. I said I had concerns about him, because his completion percentage dipped below 60% in 2018, but he brought that up to almost 67% his Senior year. Admittedly, I liked Burrow better and said Tua was a better prospect (when healthy,) but I had major concerns about him, because of all the injuries. I don't see how any of this matters anyway, since all were off the board by the time we picked. We had no shot at any of them. We all knew we weren't getting a franchise QB last year. That was evident. I wanted Tristan Wirfs and Jaylon Johnson with our first two picks.

Nice call on Johnson. He's having a great rookie year.

Funny we are out here arguing about Fields Vs Trask/Jones but Wilson may have the highest upside out of all of them.

(11-24-2020, 01:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Funny we are out here arguing about Fields Vs Trask/Jones but Wilson may have the highest upside out of all of them.

You may very well be right. I haven't been able to see Wilson play yet. Hopefully, I can get one of his games before the season ends. If not, I know I will see him in a bowl game. I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about. It would be great to have another option at the position. 

Does anyone know if BYU players can go immediately to the NFL? I know back in the day, teams had to wait for them to finish Mormon missions before they would come to the NFL. That's why very few BYU players were drafted. I didn't know if that was still the case.

(11-24-2020, 01:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Funny we are out here arguing about Fields Vs Trask/Jones but Wilson may have the highest upside out of all of them.

Perhaps... The only concern really with Wilson is his competition level I think. Is he a big fish in a little pond that will disappear in the NFL.

He's fun to watch in the little bit I have caught.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 03:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-24-2020, 03:08 PM)Kane Wrote:

Perhaps... The only concern really with Wilson is his competition level I think. Is he a big fish in a little pond that will disappear in the NFL.

Hopefully, BYU will be matched up with a powerhouse in a bowl game and a lot of questions can be answered. I've seen BYU projected to the Fiesta Bowl against Oregon. That would be a good matchup.

(11-24-2020, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 03:08 PM)Kane Wrote: Perhaps... The only concern really with Wilson is his competition level I think. Is he a big fish in a little pond that will disappear in the NFL.

Hopefully, BYU will be matched up with a powerhouse in a bowl game and a lot of questions can be answered.

Indeed. Similar to UCF getting Auburn (and whoopin em). I'd like to see BYU go against UGA, OKST, or maybe Northwestern or Miami.

(11-24-2020, 03:16 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hopefully, BYU will be matched up with a powerhouse in a bowl game and a lot of questions can be answered.

Indeed. Similar to UCF getting Auburn (and whoopin em). I'd like to see BYU go against UGA, OKST, or maybe Northwestern or Miami.

I would love to see any of those matchups. Maybe even BYU vs. Ohio State...........

(11-23-2020, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 05:19 PM)Kane Wrote: I for one do. You don't take a guy #1 overall and then sit on him.
It's a terrible injury for sure but it's the NFL... injuries happen.

And they can happen behind good O-lines too. Sometimes they happen against air (like Teddy's)

That all being said... sure would be nice to get an elite LT and a really good QB in this draft if possible.

Of course injuries happen, but you dont think the risk was way higher behind a oline like that?  One of the things on Teddy before he was drafted was how skinny his ankles are, it proved the risk to be right what everyone thought.  I like the way KC handled Mahomes, i think they did it perfectly.  Let him sit a year behind a good vet for a year, decent oline , and then he will be ready and let him take over.  Agreed, take Sewell at 2 and get Wilson, Trask, or Jones.  People act like Fields is in a different tier than those guys and its all because of athletic ability.  Some guys were saying 10 or 15 years ago Trask would be the number 1 pick but he isnt athletic enough.  I dont care how athletic my QB is to be honest.  Its why Brady fell to the 6th round

correction, it was skinny knees. I remember this because the evaluation sounded so laughable in the pre-darft hype, and then the day the injury news broke, it was all I could think of.

Had the bungles still had Dalton rostered for another season, this could have been an option, but really they had no other option but to start Joey B. A young HC without a lot of history in that town likely wouldn't be afforded the patience to go through two straight top-5 draft seasons without putting their #1 pick on the field.