Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congratulations Khan!! 100 losses!!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 05:55 AM by enigma.)

(11-22-2020, 10:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:12 PM)enigma Wrote: Must be nice to have Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady at the helm of your franchise for decades.

Shad Khan has had 7 legitimate chances to find his Brady and hired the worst and non-brightest to drive his ship. Cool it with the excuses. Khan is by far the worst owner in the NFL and it isn't even close.

First off, nobody is making excuses. If you don't understand that my next post after that by default implicates Khan, in addition to those bozo coaches, then it makes you no different - but thats not surprising. Clearly DC and this entire staff have been an utter dumpster fire... But let's not forget that moves were made to potentially restore the trajectory of this franchise by bringing back 'ole Superbowl winning Tommy Coughlin. And we all knew how that crap played out unfortunately.

Anyways, lets play this game though.

The Patriots only made 4 playoff appearances from their inception between 1960-1984. When they became the New England Patriots in 1971 until 1980 they only made the playoffs once in nine seasons. They did make the Superbowl in 1985 but got shalacked by guess who? The Bears. From 1987-1995, their overall record was 52-91 in this 8 year period with 5 straight double digit losing seasons. So this "unachievable" ineptitude is quite certainly achievable and even happened to the beloved Patriots that everybody likes to use in these scenarios. So to say that not having Bledsoe/Brady/Belichick/etc is some type of feigned excuse is beyond disingenuous - but most people on here realize that's how you operate.

You wanna know the worst owner in the NFL? Try Stan Kroenke (and see how that would've worked out for us), Mike Brown, or Dan Snyder. Please don't try to overexert yourself with the mental gymnastics between linking Khan into moving this franchise with the newest tinfoil consipracy and what Kroenke actually DID. The last thing I need is some geezer who falls prey to voodoo shaman conspiracies to tell me to cool anything lol.

Here's one more tidbit for you to digest. Since 2012, when Khan took over, our team has been #1 in free agency expenditures with over ~$1.1b in total FA spending. His actions demonstrably show that he is not afraid to open up his own checkbook and spend $$$ for this team. Some people also like to target how he is making money off this team - well so are the rest of the 31 owners but I'm glad he isn't stingy with his own money like some other owners are (rightfully or wrongfully). 

Again, nobody is making excuses for this putrid team and how we have performed from top to bottom - but just because something does or doesn't fit your narrative/perspective doesn't mean that it's anymore right or wrong. This management sucks. This FO sucks. This coaching staff sucks. The players suck. And the trolls on this board are getting pathetic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2020, 01:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Its not kahns fault really. Its the gm and coaches. Kahn gave everyone enough time. If it is his fault, its that he gave them too much time. Sometimes you have to be the boss and fire people

I suspect he believes he's demonstrating stability and patience. He said a few years ago that the successful franchises tend to have stablity within the organization.

That's not an excuse though, that's a criticism. Those teams have stablity because they're successful, they're not successful because they have stablity.

He hasn't figured that out yet and that's on him.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-22-2020, 08:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/iktriad/statu...6825555968

Oof

I t would be REALLY bad if we were also caught cheating on multiple occasions along the way to those hunnert losses

Man it is crazy how much apathy is driving away post counts and site visits.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-23-2020, 10:24 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Man it is crazy how much apathy is driving away post counts and site visits.

I know it has for me....I don’t know what to say anymore. What is there left to say? The team sucks... 

At this point I won’t have much more to say until the draft and that is a long time from now.

(11-23-2020, 12:19 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 10:24 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Man it is crazy how much apathy is driving away post counts and site visits.

I know it has for me....I don’t know what to say anymore. What is there left to say? The team sucks... 

At this point I won’t have much more to say until the draft and that is a long time from now.

Yup, spend more time in the politics thread than the home team thread these days.  Jags don't offer any joy anymore.  COVID or no COVID, when the year is effectively over in October, you can't help but lose interest.

(11-23-2020, 07:11 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 01:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Its not kahns fault really. Its the gm and coaches. Kahn gave everyone enough time. If it is his fault, its that he gave them too much time. Sometimes you have to be the boss and fire people

I suspect he believes he's demonstrating stability and patience. He said a few years ago that the successful franchises tend to have stablity within the organization.

That's not an excuse though, that's a criticism. Those teams have stablity because they're successful, they're not successful because they have stablity.

Yes, chicken and egg for sure. It's also futile to pursue stability if your coach/ GM are below average. Who wants below avg stability? Unless you work for the government...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-22-2020, 08:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/iktriad/statu...6825555968

Oof

This was the 2nd fastest any owner has logged 100 losses in NFL history.  We can't even lose the best.  

Seriously though.  This is truly an embarrassing bit of NFL history to be part of.  Hopefully this snaps Khan back into reality and he decides it's time to focus on building a winning tradition.  Of course, I doubt that will happen because Lot J is taking a lot of his attention right now.

Once the season is over, I'm sure he'll refocus on the team long enough to give Caldwell and Marrone contract extensions.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 04:45 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-23-2020, 05:31 AM)enigma Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 10:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Shad Khan has had 7 legitimate chances to find his Brady and hired the worst and non-brightest to drive his ship. Cool it with the excuses. Khan is by far the worst owner in the NFL and it isn't even close.

First off, nobody is making excuses. If you don't understand that my next post after that by default implicates Khan, in addition to those bozo coaches, then it makes you no different - but thats not surprising. Clearly DC and this entire staff have been an utter dumpster fire... But let's not forget that moves were made to potentially restore the trajectory of this franchise by bringing back 'ole Superbowl winning Tommy Coughlin. And we all knew how that crap played out unfortunately.

Anyways, lets play this game though.

The Patriots only made 4 playoff appearances from their inception between 1960-1984. When they became the New England Patriots in 1971 until 1980 they only made the playoffs once in nine seasons. They did make the Superbowl in 1985 but got shalacked by guess who? The Bears. From 1987-1995, their overall record was 52-91 in this 8 year period with 5 straight double digit losing seasons. So this "unachievable" ineptitude is quite certainly achievable and even happened to the beloved Patriots that everybody likes to use in these scenarios. So to say that not having Bledsoe/Brady/Belichick/etc is some type of feigned excuse is beyond disingenuous - but most people on here realize that's how you operate.

You wanna know the worst owner in the NFL? Try Stan Kroenke (and see how that would've worked out for us), Mike Brown, or Dan Snyder. Please don't try to overexert yourself with the mental gymnastics between linking Khan into moving this franchise with the newest tinfoil consipracy and what Kroenke actually DID. The last thing I need is some geezer who falls prey to voodoo shaman conspiracies to tell me to cool anything lol.

Here's one more tidbit for you to digest. Since 2012, when Khan took over, our team has been #1 in free agency expenditures with over ~$1.1b in total FA spending. His actions demonstrably show that he is not afraid to open up his own checkbook and spend $$$ for this team. Some people also like to target how he is making money off this team - well so are the rest of the 31 owners but I'm glad he isn't stingy with his own money like some other owners are (rightfully or wrongfully). 

Again, nobody is making excuses for this putrid team and how we have performed from top to bottom - but just because something does or doesn't fit your narrative/perspective doesn't mean that it's anymore right or wrong. This management sucks. This FO sucks. This coaching staff sucks. The players suck. And the trolls on this board are getting pathetic.

SC, it's hilarious that so many posters on here think you're an old man. Gives you a sneak preview, I guess
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-30-2020, 09:09 AM)rufftime Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote: The story is that the RB coach was calling every player on their RB list and getting denied and his wife randomly suggested calling JRob and that's how we got him.

To be fair he said the coach didn't call JRob because they had a draftable grade on him and he assumed he had already been picked up by a team, but that just raises other concerning questions.

Point being, we got really lucky to have JRob and Dave gets none of the credit. If anything the RB coaches wife is the best GM we've had in more than a decade.

First let me preface this with: At this point I want DC fired after this year.

-This story sounds like utter [BLEEP]. If the RB coach is on record, Ok then I guess.
-They had a draftable grade on him meaning Dave/ his scouts liked him at least a little. According to this stupid story at least.
-Dave would have had a huge hand in recognizing the talent after Robinson arrived in camp and ultimately deciding to cut his highly drafted predecessor. If nothing else can we recognize that decision took some balls. He knew he was going to get panned for that move and still pulled the trigger. I called the decision completely stupid at the time.

It is OK to give credit to Caldwell for his good moves and acknowledge he has made too many poor moves to be retained.

This is 100% on Khan. No excuses. It's too easy to hide behind a GM, who hides behind the coach, who hides behind...lunchmeat.

Kahn is the CEO. He may know nothing about football, but he is a businessman and should know something about taking action to get results. His refusal to act (albeit to ignorance) is the main reason this team is not getting better. He left Dave in charge and Dave is clueless. This is Kahn's doing.

Tony Khan seems to tweet a bunch of analytics. Has he had anything special to say about this?

(11-23-2020, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Tony Khan seems to tweet a bunch of analytics.  Has he had anything special to say about this?

Too worried about running his 3rd rate wrestling franchise headlined by Chris Jericho. 

Tony is a total clown. Most kids get toys. Tony gets to play with a football team.

(11-23-2020, 04:38 PM)FBT Wrote:

Oof

This was the 2nd fastest any owner has logged 100 losses in NFL history.  We can't even lose the best.  

Seriously though.  This is truly an embarrassing bit of NFL history to be part of.  Hopefully this snaps Khan back into reality and he decides it's time to focus on building a winning tradition.  Of course, I doubt that will happen because Lot J is taking a lot of his attention right now.

Once the season is over, I'm sure he'll refocus on the team long enough to give Caldwell and Marrone contract extensions.

There are some things i really like about Khan. Hes a very patient owner, he seems invested in his projects, i can see he is trying but there are more and more things im getting frustrated by. If he tan any of his businesses like this franchise he would never be a billionaire. My biggest thing is i dont think he has many personal ideas or way he wants things. He will bring in guys he likes and leave them to it. Im not asking him to be Jerry Jones but something. 

I said during the bye that i found the silence from upstairs very telling. Still not a peep.

(11-23-2020, 10:11 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 04:38 PM)FBT Wrote: This was the 2nd fastest any owner has logged 100 losses in NFL history.  We can't even lose the best.  

There are some things i really like about Khan. Hes a very patient owner, he seems invested in his projects, i can see he is trying but there are more and more things im getting frustrated by. If he tan any of his businesses like this franchise he would never be a billionaire. My biggest thing is i dont think he has many personal ideas or way he wants things. He will bring in guys he likes and leave them to it. Im not asking him to be Jerry Jones but something. 

I said during the bye that i found the silence from upstairs very telling. Still not a peep.

He has a hobby that makes him 2 billion dollars. Why should he do more, bragging rights? Lol. The NFL needs it's Brooklyn Brawlers and Iron Mike Sharpes, and some owners are paid very well to have one winning season every decade.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think Khan does the right thing and extends Caldwell and Marrone at the end of the year. It it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(11-24-2020, 12:16 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: I think Khan does the right thing and extends Caldwell and Marrone at the end of the year.  It it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Dave: Honey, get the pictures ready
Mrs Caldwell: What pictures?
Dave: It's almost contract negotiation time
Mrs Caldwell: Oh, the pictures of Shad with a goat?
Dave: Yes, honey.

We have the best thing to look forward too. The draft baby. We can win the offseason once more. Yes yes yes

(11-23-2020, 07:11 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

I think stability only works when it is successful. We were stable at losing for years. Too much patience is also a very bad thing. Many people outside the organization saw this coming.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-01-2020, 07:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 07:11 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I suspect he believes he's demonstrating stability and patience. He said a few years ago that the successful franchises tend to have stablity within the organization.

I think stability only works when it is successful. We were stable at losing for years. Too much patience is also a very bad thing. Many people outside the organization saw this coming.

Yep that was exactly my point. Hopefully he's now recognized the error of his ways.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 09:34 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-02-2020, 08:34 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 07:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I think stability only works when it is successful. We were stable at losing for years. Too much patience is also a very bad thing. Many people outside the organization saw this coming.

Yep that was exactly my point. Hopefully he's now recognized the error of his ways.

I think the key question is, how long do you wait?  I think you have to give a coach/GM some time.  You can't constantly recycle through front office and coaching personnel.  You've got to give them a few years.  It's easy to say that 'we stuck with X too long' after the fact.  In 20/20 hindsight, it's obvious that we stuck with some people too long since ownership has changed.  But I think you have to stick with someone a while.  But what's too long?  Three years?  Four?  I think 2017 bought the current regime a few years, and maybe even 2018 when they were down to starting street level free agents on the OL. 

It's a fine line.  

And I know...I know...it's an extreme example.  But Belichick had a losing record in his first year in NE and losing records in 5 of his first six seasons in Cleveland and NE combined.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]