Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'd love to have a QB like Derek Carr.

I have no idea why this guy gets no respect. He's damn good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Carr has always been a good QB. We coached him at the Senior Bowl and our coaches raved about him yet we took Bortles. If we drafted Carr instead of Bortles no telling where we would be right now

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 10:34 PM by mal234.)

A few years back before his fibula injury he was playing at an MVP level. I remember people predicting that he could win it back then, but then the injury happened and derailed things. Since then he's been up and down. I have seen quite a few Raiders fans complain about him and some of them have even said they wanted Mariota starting over him. He has said before he's felt like he's been disrespected. He's still hanging around though and has outlasted some of the QB's that were drafted before him during that 2014 draft class. I definitely think he was one of the best QB's that came from that draft class.

(11-22-2020, 10:32 PM)mal234 Wrote: A few years back before his fibula injury he was playing at an MVP level. I remember people predicting that he could win it back then, but then the injury happened and derailed things. Since then he's been up and down. I have seen quite a few Raiders fans complain about him and some of them have even said they wanted Mariota starting over him. He has said before he's felt like he's been disrespected. He's still hanging around though and has outlasted some of the QB's that were drafted before him during that 2014 draft class. I definitely think he was one of the best QB's that came from that draft class.
They have never really gave him any weapons to work with.  Cooper had more drops than any WR in the league when he was there.  They should of drafted Jefferson or Lamb

we would still be loseing, and carr would be just another qb who had high potiontial that the jags ruined.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Man, I was so ready to draft him in 2014. 

I would've had a ton of new Jaguars buddies and I'm just also going to imagine we'd have won in 2017 with Carr.

I remember so many of us going "Draft Mack in the first and Carr in the 2nd"

Although I also remember some people saying Carr was the next Gabbert or some crap. Wonder if they remember that going into this next draft talk season.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 12:26 PM by NCJag.)

(11-24-2020, 02:59 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man, I was so ready to draft him in 2014. 

I would've had a ton of new Jaguars buddies and I'm just also going to imagine we'd have won in 2017 with Carr.

Yeah, he would've been a good pick.  25K passing yards in 6 1/2 years, 2.5 to 1 TD to INT ratio.  And we took the BOAT instead....with Marquise Lee in the 2nd. Clutch

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(11-24-2020, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote: I remember so many of us going "Draft Mack in the first and Carr in the 2nd"

Although I also remember some people saying Carr was the next Gabbert or some crap. Wonder if they remember that going into this next draft talk season.

Was that a good draft by them? Or hould they of taken him in the 1st to not risk losing him?

(11-24-2020, 01:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote: I remember so many of us going "Draft Mack in the first and Carr in the 2nd"

Was that a good draft by them? Or hould they of taken him in the 1st to not risk losing him?

Well I dunno... Mack is gone and I'm not sure how the rest of the draft turned out...
IIRC they still had Carson Palmer maybe which could be why they didn't feel the pressing need to go QB in round 1?

(11-24-2020, 03:20 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 01:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Was that a good draft by them? Or hould they of taken him in the 1st to not risk losing him?

Well I dunno... Mack is gone and I'm not sure how the rest of the draft turned out...
IIRC they still had Carson Palmer maybe which could be why they didn't feel the pressing need to go QB in round 1?
Did you see the haul of picks they got for Mack?  Not to mention how good he was for them.  If I draft a QB in the 2nd, I dont plan on him being my future backup.

(11-24-2020, 03:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 03:20 PM)Kane Wrote: Well I dunno... Mack is gone and I'm not sure how the rest of the draft turned out...
Did you see the haul of picks they got for Mack?  Not to mention how good he was for them.  If I draft a QB in the 2nd, I dont plan on him being my future backup.

Yeah I saw the haul of picks they got for Mack. Don't think the point of drafting guys top ten is to flip em for other picks though.
And I agree, you don't draft a guy in the first 2 rounds of the draft thinking back up, but perhaps a 2nd rounder gives you room to not rush to start him. And a veteran like Palmer gives you room to take a QB later as opposed to QB starved teams needing to take one ASAP.
I'd also say that generally speaking that draft was weak at the position overall (Teddy, Carr, Jimmy G are the only starters left from 14 QBs taken, and most are out of the league altogether) as opposed to this draft.
So perhaps they were okay with missing out on any of them and happened to luck into getting a guy they liked in round 2. 

I don't disagree that there are more than one way to skin a cat so to speak... But really I think in the Raiders instance it was more lucky than good. And while I wouldn't be mad at Sewell at 2 and then gambling on QB, most fans would be livid. And I think a new GM/regime is gonna wanna put their stamp on the franchise quickly. And the easiest way to do that is with a highly touted QB in the top 2.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 07:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-24-2020, 04:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 03:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Did you see the haul of picks they got for Mack?  Not to mention how good he was for them.  If I draft a QB in the 2nd, I dont plan on him being my future backup.

Yeah I saw the haul of picks they got for Mack. Don't think the point of drafting guys top ten is to flip em for other picks though.
And I agree, you don't draft a guy in the first 2 rounds of the draft thinking back up, but perhaps a 2nd rounder gives you room to not rush to start him. And a veteran like Palmer gives you room to take a QB later as opposed to QB starved teams needing to take one ASAP.
I'd also say that generally speaking that draft was weak at the position overall (Teddy, Carr, Jimmy G are the only starters left from 14 QBs taken, and most are out of the league altogether) as opposed to this draft.
So perhaps they were okay with missing out on any of them and happened to luck into getting a guy they liked in round 2. 

I don't disagree that there are more than one way to skin a cat so to speak... But really I think in the Raiders instance it was more lucky than good. And while I wouldn't be mad at Sewell at 2 and then gambling on QB, most fans would be livid. And I think a new GM/regime is gonna wanna put their stamp on the franchise quickly. And the easiest way to do that is with a highly touted QB in the top 2.

Lol, the best way to do that is win football games.  Not just taking a QB in the top 2.  Taking one in the top 2 does nothing if it isn't the right one and you pass up an All Pro at another position. And as for the 14 QB class, some thought Teddy was the next Manning and Bortles went top 3 with Mack sitting there so some loved that QB class

Ive gotta say, i think Gruden deserves some credit for Carr. Hes got talent and hes a proper fighter but he had some rocky seasons with a bad team.

Gruden looks to have pushed him to be better on and off the field. Just those basic things like decision making, reading his routes, when to throw away, when to slide. Gruden will play the best QB he has and made Carr earn that and he is playing some of his best football.

The Raiders have been doing a good job this year and not getting much attention.

(11-24-2020, 08:04 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Ive gotta say, i think Gruden deserves some credit for Carr. Hes got talent and hes a proper fighter but he had some rocky seasons with a bad team.

Gruden looks to have pushed him to be better on and off the field. Just those basic things like decision making, reading his routes, when to throw away, when to slide. Gruden will play the best QB he has and made Carr earn that and he is playing some of his best football.

The Raiders have been doing a good job this year and not getting much attention.

They should of drafted Jefferson or Lamb

(11-24-2020, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:19 PM)Kane Wrote: Yeah I saw the haul of picks they got for Mack. Don't think the point of drafting guys top ten is to flip em for other picks though.

Lol, the best way to do that is win football games.  Not just taking a QB in the top 2.  Taking one in the top 2 does nothing if it isn't the right one and you pass up an All Pro at another position.  And as for the 14 QB class, some thought Teddy was the next Manning and Bortles went top 3 with Mack sitting there so some loved that QB class

This is such [BLEEP].  Why do people have to exaggerate to try to make a point?  A lot of people that you tout suck too.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-25-2020, 08:00 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, the best way to do that is win football games.  Not just taking a QB in the top 2.  Taking one in the top 2 does nothing if it isn't the right one and you pass up an All Pro at another position.  And as for the 14 QB class, some thought Teddy was the next Manning and Bortles went top 3 with Mack sitting there so some loved that QB class

This is such [BLEEP].  Why do people have to exaggerate to try to make a point?  A lot of people that you tout suck too.
You must not of been on the board around draft time

(11-25-2020, 08:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 08:00 AM)RicoTx Wrote: This is such [BLEEP].  Why do people have to exaggerate to try to make a point?  A lot of people that you tout suck too.
You must not of been on the board around draft time

I must HAVE been.  Going to defend this as well?..A lot of people that you tout suck too.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 08:28 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-25-2020, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 08:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You must not of been on the board around draft time

I must HAVE been.  Going to defend this as well?..A lot of people that you tout suck too.

Of course, everyone misses.  But the old poster that felt that way went by the name KYjaggy.  You dont remember tank for Teddy?   How could you not be high on QBs that aren't very athletic and weak arm yet wanted to tank for Teddy?  VAgrantwade was another, he got so but hurt when we didn't draft him he left the board and became a Vikings fan.  I guess since, he became a Saints fan and now is a Panthers fan I guess. Was shoved down our throats every day, if we didn't want to draft Teddy it was bust and we didn't know football

(11-25-2020, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I must HAVE been.  Going to defend this as well?..A lot of people that you tout suck too.

Of course, everyone misses.  But the old poster that felt that way went by the name KYjaggy.  You dont remember tank for Teddy?   How could you not be high on QBs that aren't very athletic and weak arm yet wanted to tank for Teddy?  VAgrantwade was another, he got so but hurt when we didn't draft him he left the board and became a Vikings fan.  I guess since, he became a Saints fan and now is a Panthers fan I guess.  Was shoved down our throats every day, if we didn't want to draft Teddy it was bust and we didn't know football

I still remember TMD pounding the table and stamping his feet that Dan Lefevour was THE ONE.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn