Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BAP vs Needs based drafting

(11-26-2020, 01:10 AM)surfon Wrote: I am a best avail player at a position of need philosophy.  Which is really the way at least the first round picks by nfl teams pretty much go imo.

Gimme the second rated qb on the board all day for me over a sligtly higher rated ol.  Get your guy not a leftover its too important.

If you have need at QB and OL, did you just contradict yourself? Wink
FTR, I know exactly what you're saying, just having a little fun. QB is a unique position.

Also, "BAP at position of need" is what got our last GM fireded.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2020, 12:18 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:10 AM)surfon Wrote: I am a best avail player at a position of need philosophy.  Which is really the way at least the first round picks by nfl teams pretty much go imo.

Gimme the second rated qb on the board all day for me over a sligtly higher rated ol.  Get your guy not a leftover its too important.

FTR, I know exactly what you're saying, just having a little fun. QB is a unique position.

Haha yea i feel ya problem is his bap at that position of need was sometimes questionable.  If the player and value dont line up go to your next position of need.  Taven would be a perfect example of it not lining up right.  Qb also trumps all other positions when it is the position of need.  Always.  Roumds 4 and on you can move to bap philosophy imo.

(11-27-2020, 03:00 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 08:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wilson makes some throws that look like Mahomes.

I’m very intrigued by him.

Give me Sewell and Wilson all day.

Do you think Wilson will make it to our second 1st round draft pick? Despite the arbitrary grades in this scenario, we all know that QBs get overdrafted as their stocks rise getting closer to the draft.

I don't think he will be there, so would you try to move up in the draft to get him? At this point, I honestly wouldn't - especially if I could have gone with Fields at 2.

It's more likely that we get Lawrence than both Sewell and Wilson.

(12-01-2020, 03:09 PM)Upper Wrote: It's more likely that we get Lawrence than both Sewell and Wilson.

The more I watch Wilson, the more I think he may be the 2nd QB off the board. At least he should be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2020, 01:55 PM)enigma Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 03:00 PM)Dimson Wrote: Give me Sewell and Wilson all day.

Do you think Wilson will make it to our second 1st round draft pick? Despite the arbitrary grades in this scenario, we all know that QBs get overdrafted as their stocks rise getting closer to the draft.

I don't think he will be there, so would you try to move up in the draft to get him? At this point, I honestly wouldn't - especially if I could have gone with Fields at 2.

Oh God no, lol. No way Wilson drops that low. It is a pipe dream.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(11-30-2020, 12:18 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Every GM has their positional priority determined when addressing needs in the draft,  and free agency helps the good ones alleviate a logjam at the top of the order. 

BAP at position of need didn't get DC fired. 
Missing on his QB, being part of TC's FO when that QB was extended pointlessly, and then stripping the 2020 defense of talent in the offseason got him fired. There are other mistakes, but those are the primary fireable offenses. 

You could also probably throw in "hitching his wagon to Marrone after TC was sent packing" to that list. 
He may have been wiser to go lone wolf style to Khan and tell him we can't move forward with a HC that refuses to alter his DC or won't at least force that DC to alter a broken scheme.