Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South, Week 13

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 05:56 PM by Bullseye.)

Heading down the home stretch of the 2020 regular season, the loathsome and detestable tacks have wrested control of the division from the Colts, avenging their earlier home loss to them by thumping the Colts on the road.  They have used the same formula they used last year with balanced offense, including a dominant running game with Derrick Henry.  The Texans seem to be stabilizing some under Romeo Crennel after a disastrous start under the fired Bill O' Brien.  However, the thinning ranks at WR threaten any season ending momentum for the Texans now that Stills has been released and Fuller has been suspended.  Lastly are my Jaguars, who are in the running for top pick in the draft, a game behind the Jets for that honor and losers of ten straight.  

On to this week's picks...

Jaguars (1-10) at Vikings (5-6)-A Jaguars defense which was decimated by trades before the season is being further decimated by injuries to those who most resembles key personnel on that side of the ball.  DE Josh Allen, CB and first round draft pick CJ Henderson, and now budding player Devon Hamilton will likely miss the game.  While the Vikings season has been disappointing overall, they have managed to play better of late and shouldn't have too much problem against the Jaguars.  Vikings 28-17.

Browns (8-3) at tacks (8-3)-Though the part of me who likes the underdog is glad Cleveland has turned its fortunes around and hopes they do well in the playoffs (especially if they play the Bills in the first round.  But despite my envy over their 8-3 record, I left from watching them beat the Jaguars with the impression they still have many deficiencies to be a true contender.  I am not a huge Baker Mayfield fan, as I saw him miss some wide open passes that should have been TDs.  The Browns defense did not look overly impressive, either.  Granted, they were without Myles Garrett, but Jaacksonville ran the ball effectively and but for a couple of unfortunate overthrows from Mike Glennon, the Jaguars moved the ball through the air.  Both of those are fatal flaws against a team like the tacks.  tacks win 24-21.

Colts (7-4) at Texans (4-7)  As I said, the continued WR carnage will slow the Texans.  Colts win 30-24.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  29-8

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 06:27 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Agree completely with bullseye this week.
Vikings
Tacks
Colts
25-12 overall

If I was going to do a wildcard it might be the jags. Vikings underperform so much and we have been playing teams close so this feels like a trap game. However I no longer pick jags till they fulfill the requirement of winning two games in a row.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I also am 25-12 overall. 

I'm takeing the 

tittians

colts

vikeings this week.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

VIKINGS
TITANS
TEXANS
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

The oddball at 18-13 doesn't look to make up ground this week on the leaders. Hard to pick against the favorites.

Vikes 24 Jags 13: Hamilton will be sorely missed, and the Jags get a garbage time TD to make the score look closer than it really was. Cousins and Cook devour the clock and score enough to get the win. Is Minshew in the doghouse, or is his thumb still affecting his play? Will we see him again this season?

tacks 27 Browns 20: As Bullseye said, Mayfield was not impressive last week. He lacks 'touch' on the short passes - he tries to rifle the pass when it need a soft hand. This could be a game that ends with 400 total yards rushing. Vic would be ecstatic. Screw the tacks, but they squeak by this week.

indy 19 tinhorns 15: I don't know what or who Watson did wrong, but the karmic offset is horrendous. Don't watch this game.

2-1 last week
24-13 overall

Bullseye has hit the bullseye IMO.

Vikings over Jaguars
Titans over Browns
Colts over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

*My picks for this week*

Well, I seem to be going backwards but hey, it's 2020 right?

Vikings---- Jags won't win another one. GM gone (finally) and all that's left is the coach and staff.
Titans ---- I don't think I have picked the Titans correct all year so far whether I am betting for or against, but here goes.
Colts---- I think the Colts have enough talent to beat the Texans, but it depends on how Rivers plays IMO.

Last week:   1-2
Overall    :  22-15
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

20-17 on the season

Vikings
Titans
Texans

24-9 coming into the week.

I'll go Vikings, tacks, colts.

Vikings because they're playing the Jags, at least I hope. The last thing the Jags need right now is to ruin their draft position.

I'm taking the tacks because Baker Mayfield looks like garbage and the Browns defense didn't impress, either. It blows my mind that the guy is on national commercials.

The colts game is tough to call, the Texans aren't as bad as their record, and if it weren't for their off the field problems I would take them in this game. I think they could easily pull the upset.

(12-03-2020, 05:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Heading down the home stretch of the 2020 regular season, the loathsome and detestable tacks have wrested control of the division from the Colts, avenging their earlier home loss to them by thumping the Colts on the road.  They have used the same formula they used last year with balanced offense, including a dominant running game with Derrick Henry.  The Texans seem to be stabilizing some under Romeo Crennel after a disastrous start under the fired Bill O' Brien.  However, the thinning ranks at WR threaten any season ending momentum for the Texans now that Stills has been released and Fuller has been suspended.  Lastly are my Jaguars, who are in the running for top pick in the draft, a game behind the Jets for that honor and losers of ten straight.  

On to this week's picks...

Jaguars (1-10) at Vikings (5-6)-A Jaguars defense which was decimated by trades before the season is being further decimated by injuries to those who most resembles key personnel on that side of the ball.  DE Josh Allen, CB and first round draft pick CJ Henderson, and now budding player Devon Hamilton will likely miss the game.  While the Vikings season has been disappointing overall, they have managed to play better of late and shouldn't have too much problem against the Jaguars.  Vikings 28-17.

Browns (8-3) at tacks (8-3)-Though the part of me who likes the underdog is glad Cleveland has turned its fortunes around and hopes they do well in the playoffs (especially if they play the Bills in the first round.  But despite my envy over their 8-3 record, I left from watching them beat the Jaguars with the impression they still have many deficiencies to be a true contender.  I am not a huge Baker Mayfield fan, as I saw him miss some wide open passes that should have been TDs.  The Browns defense did not look overly impressive, either.  Granted, they were without Myles Garrett, but Jaacksonville ran the ball effectively and but for a couple of unfortunate overthrows from Mike Glennon, the Jaguars moved the ball through the air.  Both of those are fatal flaws against a team like the tacks.  tacks win 24-21.

Colts (7-4) at Texans (4-7)  As I said, the continued WR carnage will slow the Texans.  Colts win 30-24.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  29-8

This week:  2-1
Overall:  31-9

How in the blue hell did the Jets manage to lose that game?!?  They stopped the Raiders on 4h down with about a minute and a half left.  Did they try to throw the ball during that time?!?

Un [BLEEP] real!!!  Shaking my head in dismay.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-03-2020, 06:25 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Agree completely with bullseye this week.
Vikings
Tacks
Colts
25-12 overall

If I was going to do a wildcard it might be the jags. Vikings underperform so much and we have been playing teams close so this feels like a trap game. However I no longer pick jags till they fulfill the requirement of winning two games in a row.

I did not see the browns playing that well. Almost as shocking as the jets losing. The Vikings came very close to taking us out the running for 1st overall (actually I don't see how the jets get a win anyway). We were definitely a trap game for them. I might have to break my rule about not picking the jags soon. We are going to win another game, its just the jags kind of thing to do.

2-1
27-13 overall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-03-2020, 07:16 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I also am 25-12 overall. 

I'm takeing the 

tittians

colts

vikeings this week.

2-1 this week  now  27-13 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-04-2020, 09:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: The oddball at 18-13 doesn't look to make up ground this week on the leaders. Hard to pick against the favorites.

Vikes 24 Jags 13: Hamilton will be sorely missed, and the Jags get a garbage time TD to make the score look closer than it really was. Cousins and Cook devour the clock and score enough to get the win. Is Minshew in the doghouse, or is his thumb still affecting his play? Will we see him again this season?

tacks 27 Browns 20: As Bullseye said, Mayfield was not impressive last week. He lacks 'touch' on the short passes - he tries to rifle the pass when it need a soft hand. This could be a game that ends with 400 total yards rushing. Vic would be ecstatic. Screw the tacks, but they squeak by this week.

indy 19 tinhorns 15: I don't know what or who Watson did wrong, but the karmic offset is horrendous. Don't watch this game.

2-1, screw the tacks indeed. Finally made it to 20 wins, this whole year has been hell.

20-14 on the year.

(12-04-2020, 04:27 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-1 last week
24-13 overall

Bullseye has hit the bullseye IMO.

Vikings over Jaguars
Titans over Browns
Colts over Texans

Ugly ugly game by the Titans defense.  For the first time ever, Titans fans are frustrated because their defense is wasting a fairly potent offense.  It's always the other way around.

2-1 this week
26-14 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.