Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week In the AFC South Week 14

Last week, the tack defense had an embarrassing outing for them, giving up 41 points against the Browns, including 38 in the first half, which had all of the earmarks of a rout.  But to their credit, the tacks battled back and got the game to within a TD, but didn't have the time to complete the comeback.  The Colts edged the receiver depleted Texans, and the Jaguars once again played hard, but once again loss, this time to the Vikings in OT.  Jaguars fans fet an additional sting, as the Jets by all measures appeared to be headed to their first win, which would have catapulted the Jaguars into the top overall draft pick.

I went 2-1 last week, with the loss coming by the tacks.  If I'm going to be wrong, one of my favorite scenarios is where I pick the tacks to win but they lose.  Screw the tacks!  I was left with a 31-9 record going into the final four weeks of the regular season.

My thoughts on this weeks games.....

tacks (8-4) at Jaguars (1-11)  I don't think this game will be as close as it was earlier this year.  Minshew has had success against the tacks, but isn't playing, as he seems to be in the team's doghouse.  Far more injuries since the week 2 matchup, doesn't help.  But the tacks flat out need this game to ensure playoff position.  tacks win 31-15.

Houston (4-8) at Chicago (5-7)-Houston has the better QB.  Chicago is fading.  Houston wins 28-17.

Indianapolis (8-4) at Las Vegas (7-5)-in the most important matchup in the division this week, two teams are battling for playoff positioning.  The Raiders are talented enough to earn a split with the Super Bowl champion Chiefs, yet amazingly, should have lost to the winless Jets.  The Colts have a strong defense, but this is a tough opponent.  The Raiders' struggles against the Jets serves as a motivator/wake up call.  Raiders win 27-23.

Last week:  2-1
Ocerall:  31-9.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tacks
Houston - this is the hardest game to call for me. I am going tinhorns tho.
Indy
27-13 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

*My picks for this week*

Titans---- Jags won't win another one.
Bears ---- I will take the Bears at home.
Colts---- I think the Colts with have a good bounce back game against the team who should have lost to the Jets.
Last week:   2-1
Overall    :  24-16
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 09:10 PM by snowwolf776.)

tittians

Bears

Raiders

27-13 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

20-14 on the year, looking forward to the TWITAFCS Draft in April at this point.

tacks 23 JAX 13: This might be the only time I am okay with accepting a loss to the tacks. Help us Mike Glennon, you're our only hope. If TN is smart, they let Henry get some rest before the postseason begins.

Burrs 7 tinhorns 5: If Fuller is still out, HOU is in for a rough go of things. Watson sounds like he is checking out, just completely disheartened by the team's struggles. The Bears score on a lucky pick to steal an ugly win.

Raiders 32 Colts 20: Gruden and the Raiders don't need human colostomy bag Gregggg Williams to bail them out this week, and the Colts continue to watch the division slip through their hands. If Carr and Rivers are on their game, this could be a really fun shoot-out.

2-1 last week
26-14 overall

Titans over Jaguars
Texans over Bears
Raiders over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

26-10 coming into the week.

I'll take tacks, Houston, and raiders.

I expect the Jags to put up a fight, but they're not a good team. Hopefully the tacks don't take any of our promising young guys knees out in this worthless game.

Texans, like bullseye said, have the better QB, they're not a good team but I still expect them continue to ruin what little draft position they have.

The colts raiders game is the toughest to forecast, but I'll take the raiders since they're at home.

Titans
Bears
Raiders
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

21-19

Titans
Bears
Colts

(12-10-2020, 09:29 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: tittians

Bears

Raiders

27-13 overall

2-1 this week.   

29-14 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-09-2020, 08:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Tacks
Houston - this is the hardest game to call for me. I am going tinhorns tho.
Indy
27-13 overall

2-1 looks like the bears found their mojo 
29-14 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-09-2020, 07:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the tack defense had an embarrassing outing for them, giving up 41 points against the Browns, including 38 in the first half, which had all of the earmarks of a rout.  But to their credit, the tacks battled back and got the game to within a TD, but didn't have the time to complete the comeback.  The Colts edged the receiver depleted Texans, and the Jaguars once again played hard, but once again loss, this time to the Vikings in OT.  Jaguars fans fet an additional sting, as the Jets by all measures appeared to be headed to their first win, which would have catapulted the Jaguars into the top overall draft pick.

I went 2-1 last week, with the loss coming by the tacks.  If I'm going to be wrong, one of my favorite scenarios is where I pick the tacks to win but they lose.  Screw the tacks!  I was left with a 31-9 record going into the final four weeks of the regular season.

My thoughts on this weeks games.....

tacks (8-4) at Jaguars (1-11)  I don't think this game will be as close as it was earlier this year.  Minshew has had success against the tacks, but isn't playing, as he seems to be in the team's doghouse.  Far more injuries since the week 2 matchup, doesn't help.  But the tacks flat out need this game to ensure playoff position.  tacks win 31-15.

Houston (4-8) at Chicago (5-7)-Houston has the better QB.  Chicago is fading.  Houston wins 28-17.

Indianapolis (8-4) at Las Vegas (7-5)-in the most important matchup in the division this week, two teams are battling for playoff positioning.  The Raiders are talented enough to earn a split with the Super Bowl champion Chiefs, yet amazingly, should have lost to the winless Jets.  The Colts have a strong defense, but this is a tough opponent.  The Raiders' struggles against the Jets serves as a motivator/wake up call.  Raiders win 27-23.

Last week:  2-1
Ocerall:  31-9.

This week:  1-2.  IIRC, this is my first losing week of the season.  Hopefully I don't fade down the stretch the way the Steelers seem to be doing.
Overall:  32-11

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-10-2020, 10:17 AM)Mikey Wrote: 20-14 on the year, looking forward to the TWITAFCS Draft in April at this point.

tacks 23 JAX 13: This might be the only time I am okay with accepting a loss to the tacks. Help us Mike Glennon, you're our only hope. If TN is smart, they let Henry get some rest before the postseason begins.

Burrs 7 tinhorns 5: If Fuller is still out, HOU is in for a rough go of things. Watson sounds like he is checking out, just completely disheartened by the team's struggles. The Bears score on a lucky pick to steal an ugly win.

Raiders 32 Colts 20: Gruden and the Raiders don't need human colostomy bag Gregggg Williams to bail them out this week, and the Colts continue to watch the division slip through their hands. If Carr and Rivers are on their game, this could be a really fun shoot-out.

2-1 on the week, but dang if I don't appeal to the committee for some credit on that description of Gregg Williams.

Alas, the committee is a bunch of fuddy-duddies, and 22-15 is my mark.

(12-10-2020, 11:56 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-1 last week
26-14 overall

Titans over Jaguars
Texans over Bears
Raiders over Colts

Yuck 1-2 this week
27-16 overall

Damn Colts just won't behave.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.