Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zach Wilson

(12-22-2020, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Halftime stats for Wilson

17/21 330 yards passing 3 TDs
2 rushing TD's.

He's putting on a show tonight

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why does everyone give Fields so many passes for his mediocre to poor performances? All Wilson has done is electrify and dazzle

SCREW WILSON!

(not really if we do disastrously win a game I'd be happy with him at 2)

(12-22-2020, 09:55 PM)JNev Wrote: Why does everyone give Fields so many passes for his mediocre to poor performances? All Wilson has done is electrify and dazzle

He can run a 4.3 40

It's good thing we are drafting TL16. Wilson be looking like Manziel of Texas A&M

Zach Wilson actually does look good. I never watched him play before, but some of the throws he is making are incredible. I would take Lawrence all day, but if somehow we are drafting two, Wilson would have to be a high consideration over Fields.

Man, I missed the game. I am glad he went out and balled. I am also glad here proved me right.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-22-2020, 09:55 PM)JNev Wrote: Why does everyone give Fields so many passes for his mediocre to poor performances? All Wilson has done is electrify and dazzle

because of where he plays. Plain and simple.

(12-23-2020, 10:14 AM)Mikey Wrote:

because of where he plays. Plain and simple.
Going into the season, his hype was warranted.

However, this season has been a rough one. Not just for him but OSU in general.

He still has a really high ceiling and with good coaching, he can possibly reach that ceiling. Same can be said for Wilson.

(12-23-2020, 01:58 AM)Newton Wrote: Zach Wilson actually does look good. I never watched him play before, but some of the throws he is making are incredible. I would take Lawrence all day, but if somehow we are drafting two, Wilson would have to be a high consideration over Fields.

I tend to agree.  Lawrence number 1 by a wide margin, but if we have to settle on Wilson, that doesnt appear to be a terrible alternative.  He looks smaller to me than his listed size.  I'll be interested to see what he comes in at when officially measured.  But boy can he sling it around.  And as said before, surprisingly athletic when he needs to run.

(12-23-2020, 02:23 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 01:58 AM)Newton Wrote: Zach Wilson actually does look good. I never watched him play before, but some of the throws he is making are incredible. I would take Lawrence all day, but if somehow we are drafting two, Wilson would have to be a high consideration over Fields.

I tend to agree.  Lawrence number 1 by a wide margin, but if we have to settle on Wilson, that doesnt appear to be a terrible alternative.  He looks smaller to me than his listed size.  I'll be interested to see what he comes in at when officially measured.  But boy can he sling it around.  And as said before, surprisingly athletic when he needs to run.

Of all the QBs in the draft, he reminds me most of Russell Wilson.

Saw this blurb about Zach Wilson on walterfootball. While his takes on teams like the Jags are usually pretty terrible, this seems like a weird thing to make up. Does anyone know what he is referencing? Was not aware of any off the field issue with Wilson.

"Zach Wilson is a smart quarterback with decent arm talent. However, there are off-the-field and injury issues"

(12-23-2020, 05:01 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Saw this blurb about Zach Wilson on walterfootball.  While his takes on teams like the Jags are usually pretty terrible, this seems like a weird thing to make up.  Does anyone know what he is referencing?  Was not aware of any off the field issue with Wilson.

"Zach Wilson is a smart quarterback with decent arm talent. However, there are off-the-field and injury issues"

To say the kid has decent arm talent, is an understatement. I do know he has had shoulder surgery, but that looks completely healed. I have no idea about any off the field issues and a Google search turned up nothing either. I've only read glowing reviews of the kids character. If there are off the field issues, I'm sure that will be brought to light before the draft.

(12-23-2020, 06:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 05:01 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Saw this blurb about Zach Wilson on walterfootball.  While his takes on teams like the Jags are usually pretty terrible, this seems like a weird thing to make up.  Does anyone know what he is referencing?  Was not aware of any off the field issue with Wilson.

To say the kid has decent arm talent, is an understatement. I do know he has had shoulder surgery, but that looks completely healed. I have no idea about any off the field issues and a Google search turned up nothing either. I've only read glowing reviews of the kids character. If there are off the field issues, I'm sure that will be brought to light before the draft.

He’s off the rails when not on campus. 

Word on the street is he was caught sneaking a sip of coffee and uttered sinful innuendo about Marie Osmond.

(12-23-2020, 07:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 06:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To say the kid has decent arm talent, is an understatement. I do know he has had shoulder surgery, but that looks completely healed. I have no idea about any off the field issues and a Google search turned up nothing either. I've only read glowing reviews of the kids character. If there are off the field issues, I'm sure that will be brought to light before the draft.

He’s off the rails when not on campus. 

Word on the street is he was caught sneaking a sip of coffee and uttered sinful innuendo about Marie Osmond.

You're on fire today, biscuit! I nearly blew Mt. Dew out my nose! That was hilarious.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 12:29 AM by Dimson.)

https://youtu.be/4gGe6KjYKZw

I taped the BYU/UCF game. I'll watch it if Jags win against Bears or Colts.