Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential 2021 Free Agents

(01-10-2021, 11:09 PM)Upper Wrote: Juju on the outside has been less than impressive. He's a slot guy.

Arob, Golladay, or Fuller would be dope.

ARob ain't gonna come back to Jacksonville.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2021, 11:27 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:09 PM)Upper Wrote: Juju on the outside has been less than impressive. He's a slot guy.

Arob, Golladay, or Fuller would be dope.

ARob ain't gonna come back to Jacksonville.

Probably not, but no one that he might have a grudge against is still in the building...and Lawrence would be BY FAR the best QB he's ever played with even going back to college.

Who is this person that keeps tweeting unverified ideas? Are they linked to anyone or just a random person posting random thoughts?

(02-17-2021, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/13619...92195?s=19

I don't know if Seattle has the cap room to pursue him, but I would think in light of Wilson's laments about being hit too much, Seattle could make a run at him.

But hopefully he (Williams) ends up a Jaguar.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-17-2021, 10:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/13619...92195?s=19

I don't know if Seattle has the cap room to pursue him, but I would think in light of Wilson's laments about being hit too much, Seattle could make a run at him.

They still have Duane Brown who is their best lineman  so I doubt the go after Williams.

(02-17-2021, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 10:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't know if Seattle has the cap room to pursue him, but I would think in light of Wilson's laments about being hit too much, Seattle could make a run at him.

They still have Duane Brown who is their best lineman  so I doubt the go after Williams.

Forgot about him.

He's 35.  I wonder how his play was last year, and if the Seahawks are counting on him to be around this year.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 01:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-17-2021, 10:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They still have Duane Brown who is their best lineman  so I doubt the go after Williams.

Forgot about him.

He's 35.  I wonder how his play was last year, and if the Seahawks are counting on him to be around this year.

He's still good and their best lineman so I highly doubt they cut him. I think it was posted by pff where it said most of the sacks Wilson took was on him and not the oline

Last June, Trent Williams and the 49ers restructured the remaining 1 year of his deal, and also agreed contractually not to franchise him.  He will be a free agent.  The sole way he stays with the 49ers is if they are able to work out a new (long term) deal with him, which is going to be tough for the 49ers given a limited amount of cap and a ton of free agents.

(02-17-2021, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Who is this person that keeps tweeting unverified ideas? Are they linked to anyone or just a random person posting random thoughts?

Likely just one of those random guys who throws 100 different things at a wall, hoping one of them will stick so he can brag about it later.

(02-17-2021, 04:24 PM)ATLjag Wrote:

Last June, Trent Williams and the 49ers restructured the remaining 1 year of his deal, and also agreed contractually not to franchise him.  He will be a free agent.  The sole way he stays with the 49ers is if they are able to work out a new (long term) deal with him, which is going to be tough for the 49ers given a limited amount of cap and a ton of free agents.

[Image: 200.gif]

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/13621...89090?s=19

Would be a good get for Cindy along with Sewell

(02-17-2021, 07:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/13621...89090?s=19

A Bengals fan would do backflips if they wound up with those two.

They will have to hope for a big early run at QB though to hope that happens.

(02-17-2021, 07:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 07:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/13621...89090?s=19

A Bengals fan would do backflips if they wound up with those two.

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area, fixing the O-Line is without a doubt, priority #1 for the Bengals. Adding Sewell means the team could move Jonah Williams to RT, where he was originally drafted to play before the whole Cordy Glenn fiasco. That give them a great, young pair of bookend Tackles. Thuney would probably be brought in to play Center, as Billy Price has not been good at all. Last season's free agent pickup Xavier Su'a-Filo plays one OG spot and Hakeem Adeniji could be kicked inside to the other OG spot as he showed a lot of promise in 2020. 

That is a much better O-Line than last season.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 11:39 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-17-2021, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 07:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: A Bengals fan would do backflips if they wound up with those two.

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area, fixing the O-Line is without a doubt, priority #1 for the Bengals. Adding Sewell means the team could move Jonah Williams to RT, where he was originally drafted to play before the whole Cordy Glenn fiasco. That give them a great, young pair of bookend Tackles. Thuney would probably be brought in to play Center, as Billy Price has not been good at all. Last season's free agent pickup Xavier Su'a-Filo plays one OG spot and Hakeem Adeniji could be kicked inside to the other OG spot as he showed a lot of promise in 2020. 

Damn.  Two recent OSU C/IOL seem to have busted Elflien & Price) if what you say about Price is true.

What has been his problem in your estimation?

(02-17-2021, 11:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area, fixing the O-Line is without a doubt, priority #1 for the Bengals. Adding Sewell means the team could move Jonah Williams to RT, where he was originally drafted to play before the whole Cordy Glenn fiasco. That give them a great, young pair of bookend Tackles. Thuney would probably be brought in to play Center, as Billy Price has not been good at all. Last season's free agent pickup Xavier Su'a-Filo plays one OG spot and Hakeem Adeniji could be kicked inside to the other OG spot as he showed a lot of promise in 2020. 

Damn.  Two recent OSU C/IOL seem to have busted Elflien & Price) if what you say about Price is true.

He plays like the NFL game is too fast for him and he also just gets bulldozed. To be honest, I'm not very high on OSU O-Linemen after seeing so many fail. I also believe it was Michael Jordan, another OSU grad that allowed the hit on Burrow that got him hurt. Jordan has been God-awful.

(02-18-2021, 12:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 11:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Damn.  Two recent OSU C/IOL seem to have busted Elflien & Price) if what you say about Price is true.

He plays like the NFL game is too fast for him and he also just gets bulldozed. To be honest, I'm not very high on OSU O-Linemen after seeing so many fail. I also believe it was Michael Jordan, another OSU grad that allowed the hit on Burrow that got him hurt. Jordan has been God-awful.

Thankfully on this end, the two former OSU Offensive Lineman on the Lions, LT Taylor Decker and LG Jonah Jackson,  have performed much better than the two Bengals former OSU Offensive Lineman. Decker signed a contract extension last summer and went on to have a Pro Bowl caliber season. Jackson had his share of growing pains as a rookie in 2020 but he looks like a long term solution.   As many mistakes Bob Quinn made when he was the Lions GM, to his credit, Quinn did a very good job in drafting Offensive Lineman. 

With Joe Burrow coming off a major knee injury,  there's no question the Bengals need to prioritize protecting him far better.