Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 16

This week in the AFC South-Week 16

In this weird weird 2020 season, this is one of the most interesting weeks of the season for several reasons.  First, we are two weeks away from the end of the regular season.  The tacks and Colts are tied atop the division with the tacks owning the tiebreaker.  Secondly, both the tacks and colts have games against division leading teams looking for home field advantage, with the tacks playing in Lambeau field against the Packers, while the Colts are also on the road against the Steelers.  In a matchup that will feature two top tier QBs in the future, the Bengals (who had this year’s #1 overall pick in Joe Burrow, will face Houston  and star QB DeShaun Watson, and finally, and personally of most interest to me, thanks to the Jets unexpectedly beating the Rams, the Jaguars are two more losses away from landing the top overall pick and having the rights to Trevor Lawrence. host the lately resurgent Bears.
As for my own prognostication, after a hiccup of two weeks ago, I rebounded nicely with a 3-0 week, bringing my total to 35-11.

On to this week’s picks…

Tacks (10-4) at Green Bay (11-3)-if there is any team built to win in Lambeau Field in December, it’s the tacks.  Their pounding running game is the type of balanced offense that can thrive in cold snowy weather and hold the ball and keep the Aaron Rodgers led Packer offense off the field,  But as I’ve stated repeatedly, the tack defense isn’t as good as it has been before.  If they can’t slow the Packers early, then it won’t bode well.  I think the Packers are not an overly physical team, but I think with them having the better QB, home field advantage, and have to play to keep home field throughout the playoffs, I pick the Packers to win 28-23.

Colts (10-4) at Steelers (12-2)  The Steelers have been struggling of late, having lost two straight game.  They still have hopes of home field throughout, though they may have irretrievably ceded it to the Chiefs.  They are still trying to stay ahead of Buffalo for seeding.  The big concern for the Steelers is offense.   Their inability of late to run the ball is bad, but it is exacerbated by Big Ben's inability to throw deep any more.  Looking at the Bills game last week and the Bengals game tonight, generally they are dinking and dunking, not throwing more than 10-15 yards downfield.  I think Big ben is done.  But their defense is capable of slowing the Colts passing game.  For the Colts to win, offensively, they must protect Phillip Rivers, run the ball, and protect the ball and to not let the Steelers force turnovers.  I think the Colts are healthier and playing better overall.  Colts win 24-22.

Bengals (2-10-1) at Houston (4-10)-Ordinarily I would say the Texans are playing for draft position, but Miami has their first round draft pick.  Oops.  In any event, Houston wins because Watson is healthy but Burrow is not.  Texans win 28-17.

Bears (7-7) at Jaguars (1-13).  The Bears are playing like they care.  I don’t see the Jaguars winning this game.  They better not.  Da Bears win 23-10.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  35-11

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3-0 last week
30-16 overall

Packers over Titans
Steelers over Colts
Texans over Bengals
Jaguars over Bears...you know it's bound to happen Big Grin
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

25-15 on the season, hoping for a late-season push to avoid getting the ax from the owner. Let's see what I can muster:

tacks 30 Packs 27: This is going to end up one heckuva game, and I'm going to take the tacks over their former OC. I think that the game relies more on Tannehill's ability to find gaps in Green Bay's D than it does on Henry's legs. Rodgers will keep it close, but Vrabel has his team focused on the postseason.

Indy 24 Pit 16: The Steelers are wiped out. Losing Connor hurt, and then they lost a FB and TE in Watt and Ebron during the Bungles game. Ben can't do it all himself, and this sets the stage for Jags-Colts to get flexed into the Week 17 sunday nighter (ahahahahahahahaha just foolin). Really impressed with how Reich has gotten this team going in the latter portion of the season.

tinhorns 27 Bungles 13: Last weeks monday nighter against the Steelers was the game everyone on the Cincy roster had circled on the calendar, and it showed. They gave everything, and came out with the win. I see them coming out very flat against the horns, and Watson enjoys a meaningless win.

Chicago 17 Jax 15: A failed two-point conversion as time expires has every Jags fan breathing a sigh of relief. Up to this point in the season, I was a big fan of competitive losses. For once, I might pull for a blowout.

31-15 overall  

packers

steelers

Texans 

Bears- jags have no pride, and   are playing to lose, not even trying  anymore.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Packers
Steelers
Houston
Bears

32-14 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Bullseye, there won't be a Burrow vs. Watson game. One of them is out for not just the season, but possibly a lot of next season. Or, did I misunderstand your first paragraph?

(12-23-2020, 03:41 PM)Olive Wrote: Bullseye, there won't be a Burrow vs. Watson game. One of them is out for not just the season, but possibly a lot of next season. Or, did I misunderstand your first paragraph?

You misunderstood because I was in no way clear.

My intent was to convey that this had the makings of a top young QB matchup in the future, but we miss out on it this year because Burrow is out.  But I did a lousy job.

Not your fault you misunderstood.

I gotta do better, point blank.

TITANS
STEELERS
BENGALS
BEARS
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-23-2020, 05:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 03:41 PM)Olive Wrote: Bullseye, there won't be a Burrow vs. Watson game. One of them is out for not just the season, but possibly a lot of next season. Or, did I misunderstand your first paragraph?

You misunderstood because I was in no way clear.

My intent was to convey that this had the makings of a top young QB matchup in the future, but we miss out on it this year because Burrow is out.  But I did a lousy job.

I get it now. Even though I don't participate, I look forward to your weekly post. One of the few I stop in to read, so don't change being you. Smile

psst the Steelers are 11-3

30-12 coming into the week.

Packers, colts, texans, bears.

Good games this week, I hope the bears don't screw the Jaguars in revenge for the Foles trade by laying an egg and helping the Jags Jag it up.

(12-24-2020, 11:14 AM)Olive Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 05:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: You misunderstood because I was in no way clear.

I get it now. Even though I don't participate, I look forward to your weekly post. One of the few I stop in to read, so don't change being you. Smile

psst the Steelers are 11-3

Yeah.that's another thing.  It wasn't exactly a sequental post.  I wanted to get an early start, and I put their record in before the game was over and I assumed befire hand the Steelers would win.

Far from my best work.  As I said...I gottq do better.

But I will take all of the darts I deserve for this shoddy post as long as I am right about the Bears beating us.

27-19

Titans
Steelers
Texans
Bears

*My picks for this week*

Titans---- I smell a let down game for the Pack.
Steelers ---- I think the Steelers D will get to Rivers enough to make the difference.
Bengals---- Bengals D should give Watson fits.
Bears---- Jags won't win another one.
Last week:   3-0
Overall    :  30-16
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(12-23-2020, 12:36 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Packers
Steelers
Houston
Bears

32-14 overall

3-1
Bengals game was wild as was the colts. Steelers did not look like a good team till the second half. Not sure how far they are going in playoffs. Also the jags getting the 1st overall makes this one of the best sundays we jags fans have ever had.
35-15

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-22-2020, 03:17 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 31-15 overall  

packers

steelers

Texans 

Bears- jags have no pride, and   are playing to lose, not even trying  anymore.

3-1 this week  move to  34-16 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-22-2020, 12:15 PM)Mikey Wrote: 25-15 on the season, hoping for a late-season push to avoid getting the ax from the owner. Let's see what I can muster:

tacks 30 Packs 27: This is going to end up one heckuva game, and I'm going to take the tacks over their former OC. I think that the game relies more on Tannehill's ability to find gaps in Green Bay's D than it does on Henry's legs. Rodgers will keep it close, but Vrabel has his team focused on the postseason.

Indy 24 Pit 16: The Steelers are wiped out. Losing Connor hurt, and then they lost a FB and TE in Watt and Ebron during the Bungles game. Ben can't do it all himself, and this sets the stage for Jags-Colts to get flexed into the Week 17 sunday nighter (ahahahahahahahaha just foolin). Really impressed with how Reich has gotten this team going in the latter portion of the season.

tinhorns 27 Bungles 13: Last weeks monday nighter against the Steelers was the game everyone on the Cincy roster had circled on the calendar, and it showed. They gave everything, and came out with the win. I see them coming out very flat against the horns, and Watson enjoys a meaningless win.

Chicago 17 Jax 15: A failed two-point conversion as time expires has every Jags fan breathing a sigh of relief. Up to this point in the season, I was a big fan of competitive losses. For once, I might pull for a blowout.

Jeepers, 1-3 week, and yeah, not quitting my day job. 26-18 on the year.

(12-22-2020, 11:36 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-0 last week
30-16 overall

Packers over Titans
Steelers over Colts
Texans over Bengals
Jaguars over Bears...you know it's bound to happen Big Grin

2-2
32-18 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-24-2020, 01:42 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: TITANS
STEELERS
BENGALS
BEARS

Just went back and finally added up my record.

3-1 this week
31-19 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan