Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars are now on the clock!

Juju would be a nice slot option, but I don't think Shenault is ever going to be a real outside X or Z either so I think he winds up being a horizonal winning slot guy too. Wouldn't use our cap space on a slot guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-28-2020, 12:05 AM)Upper Wrote: Juju would be a nice slot option, but I don't think Shenault is ever going to be a real outside X or Z either so I think he winds up being a horizonal winning slot guy too. Wouldn't use our cap space on a slot guy.

I think it's way too early to say what Shenault will be, or wont be.. Especially since this coaching staff rarely sent him down field this season. We really don't know what he can do in that area yet.

Draft TLaw and overspend in FA on the O-line..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 12:31 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-28-2020, 12:12 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 12:05 AM)Upper Wrote: Juju would be a nice slot option, but I don't think Shenault is ever going to be a real outside X or Z either so I think he winds up being a horizonal winning slot guy too. Wouldn't use our cap space on a slot guy.

I think it's way too early to say what Shenault will be, or wont be.. Especially since this coaching staff rarely sent him down field this season. We really don't know what he can do in that area yet.

Personally, I am satisfied with our current receivers. I think we have some talented, young guys. Put them with a real QB (Lawrence) and make a fair evaluation before we start benching our current guys in favor of free agents. It's not really fair to judge them based on the carousel of bad QB's we've had throwing to them this season.

(12-28-2020, 12:18 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Draft TLaw and overspend in FA on the O-line..

O-Line and defense.

(12-27-2020, 11:59 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: For offense, I would upgrade quarterback (obviously), left tackle and tight end.  For defense, I would definitely upgrade defensive line and safety with cornerback also a possibility.  I just think we have higher priorities than wide receiver.  We have two rookies who I expect to take a step up next season and I'm interested in how all of our receivers perform with a better quarterback.  I would re-sign Cole (assuming his price is reasonable) and would look for depth with one of our fourth round picks.  I let Conley and Westbrook go.

Im not saying someone like Smith-Schuster is a must have FA, im just looking that we have $77m in cap space for next season, if we could get him for around $8m-$9m for 2-3 years then it could be a good pickup and maybe makes other FA see us as an option but GM and HC will be a big factor there.

D needs improvements all over. Where do you start? And Cam and Norwell need a decision made.

Plenty of options.

(12-28-2020, 01:40 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 11:59 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: For offense, I would upgrade quarterback (obviously), left tackle and tight end.  For defense, I would definitely upgrade defensive line and safety with cornerback also a possibility.  I just think we have higher priorities than wide receiver.  We have two rookies who I expect to take a step up next season and I'm interested in how all of our receivers perform with a better quarterback.  I would re-sign Cole (assuming his price is reasonable) and would look for depth with one of our fourth round picks.  I let Conley and Westbrook go.

Im not saying someone like Smith-Schuster is a must have FA, im just looking that we have $77m in cap space for next season, if we could get him for around $8m-$9m for 2-3 years then it could be a good pickup and maybe makes other FA see us as an option but GM and HC will be a big factor there.

D needs improvements all over. Where do you start? And Cam and Norwell need a decision made.

Plenty of options.

That's funny.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-27-2020, 05:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:22 PM)High Octane Wrote: We just gotta pray he decides to forego his senior season.

At the very very least, we have first choice of QB this year, ahead of the Jets.

I saw an interview with Lawrence last week. He gave all indications he was entering the draft and he said he knows he will probably go to a team that has been on hard times and will be re-building. He said he is up for the challenge and looks forward to making that team a winner.

Here's a clip of probably the one you saw. Definitely an indication that he will be entering and that he will go wherever drafts him without and Eli Manning type meltdown. 

https://youtu.be/qfduD8xCG4g

AS bad as this franchise has been, this is the first time we will have the #1 overall pick.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

after QB, both O-line and D-line are extreme needs. improving the D-line will magically make the backend better.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-28-2020, 02:00 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I saw an interview with Lawrence last week. He gave all indications he was entering the draft and he said he knows he will probably go to a team that has been on hard times and will be re-building. He said he is up for the challenge and looks forward to making that team a winner.

Here's a clip of probably the one you saw. Definitely an indication that he will be entering and that he will go wherever drafts him without and Eli Manning type meltdown. 

https://youtu.be/qfduD8xCG4g

Yep. That's the one I watched.

I hope they tell him to shave those sideburns.

If you look at positional value, it usually goes like this:

1) QB
2) Pass Rusher
3) Pass Protector
4) Pass Coverage
5) Offensive Weapons

In our particular situation, since we are drafting one of the highest rated rookie QBs in several years, and since I have seen so many rookie QBs ruined by lack of support, I would lean heavily towards pass protection and weapons. But if there is a really good CB or pass rusher available with our second first round pick, that would be hard to pass up.

It's so hard to predict what we will need in the draft until free agency happens.

But I know one thing: this will be one of the most enjoyable off seasons in recent memory. Trevor Lawrence, tons of draft picks, and tons of cap space. If the next GM uses all these resources correctly, we will have a winning team again in no time.

This is the first time ever we've had the number one overall pick, and what a time to have it.

(12-28-2020, 02:21 AM)Jag149 Wrote: after QB, both O-line and D-line are extreme needs. improving the D-line will magically make the backend better.

The D-line should be a strength in 2021 w/the return of the opted out players (Covid19), our two rookies (drafted/UDFA and the potential 2021 NFL Draft pick(s). I truly envision seeing Much Better play from the DL.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

It really can't be worse.

One player there and at least one starter in the secondary in the two first rounds please.

(12-28-2020, 06:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you look at positional value, it usually goes like this:

1) QB
2) Pass Rusher
3) Pass Protector
4) Pass Coverage
5) Offensive Weapons

In our particular situation, since we are drafting one of the highest rated rookie QBs in several years, and since I have seen so many rookie QBs ruined by lack of support, I would lean heavily towards pass protection and weapons.  But if there is a really good CB or pass rusher available with our second first round pick, that would be hard to pass up.  

It's so hard to predict what we will need in the draft until free agency happens.  

But I know one thing: this will be one of the most enjoyable off seasons in recent memory.  Trevor Lawrence, tons of draft picks, and tons of cap space.  If the next GM uses all these resources correctly, we will have a winning team again in no time.  

This is the first time ever we've had the number one overall pick, and what a time to have it.

Linemen should be favored over small guys, but the Jaguars need to stop with the needs based drafting. Period.

Trevor should be able to function with mostly what we already have on offense along with a few free agents.

The draft is about getting elite talent, not filling in roster spots, hopefully the next GM understands that.

(12-28-2020, 08:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you look at positional value, it usually goes like this:

1) QB
2) Pass Rusher
3) Pass Protector
4) Pass Coverage
5) Offensive Weapons

In our particular situation, since we are drafting one of the highest rated rookie QBs in several years, and since I have seen so many rookie QBs ruined by lack of support, I would lean heavily towards pass protection and weapons.  But if there is a really good CB or pass rusher available with our second first round pick, that would be hard to pass up.  

But I know one thing: this will be one of the most enjoyable off seasons in recent memory.  Trevor Lawrence, tons of draft picks, and tons of cap space.  If the next GM uses all these resources correctly, we will have a winning team again in no time.  

Linemen should be favored over small guys, but the Jaguars need to stop with the needs based drafting. Period.

Trevor should be able to function with mostly what we already have on offense along with a few free agents.

The draft is about getting elite talent, not filling in roster spots, hopefully the next GM understands that.

Agreed 100%, crazy people are still wanting to draft for need after all these years of failed needs drafting.  Take the BPA

(12-28-2020, 08:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 08:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Linemen should be favored over small guys, but the Jaguars need to stop with the needs based drafting. Period.

Agreed 100%, crazy people are still wanting to draft for need after all these years of failed needs drafting.  Take the BPA
So if Trask is your highest rated player on the board at the start of round 2, you take him?

(12-28-2020, 08:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 08:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed 100%, crazy people are still wanting to draft for need after all these years of failed needs drafting.  Take the BPA
So if Trask is your highest rated player on the board at the start of round 2, you take him?

Well he wouldn't play so no.  There is only 1 QB on the field, I wouldnt take a kicker or punter either.  There are rare instances you dont take the highest player which has been said numerous times.  95% of the time though you should take the BPA especially in the early rounds.  Drafting for need gets you fired

(12-28-2020, 08:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 08:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed 100%, crazy people are still wanting to draft for need after all these years of failed needs drafting.  Take the BPA

If he's clearly better then you should. Stop being the 2012-2016 Jags and be the 2001-2019 Patriots.

Draft a QB if they're the best player and you can't trade out of the spot for sufficient value.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 08:49 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we did take Trask though we wouldn't have to worry about if Trevor got hurt so it would be tempting

Would have 2 elite QBs