Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins released.

(12-30-2020, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:04 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The problem is that he had it perfectly handed to him in washington. That team is ready if it had a good qb. Good coach and a nice defense. Solid offense. Now instead, he will have to fight to stay in the nfl if he even wants to. He got his pay day

Even with the loss of Trent Williams their oline is still pretty good.  Not to mention they drafted one of the best WRs in the league when they took him and Haskins college teammate.  The coach that didn't want Haskins got fired so that isn't an excuse and I agree, he was in a perfect situation he just isn't any good
I’m not defending him in the slightest. He’s been bad and has been immature off the field.

But on what planet is Washington the perfect situation? It’s FAR from perfect. Haskins hasn’t been good and he is doing himself no favors but that situation sucks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2020, 04:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Even with the loss of Trent Williams their oline is still pretty good.  Not to mention they drafted one of the best WRs in the league when they took him and Haskins college teammate.  The coach that didn't want Haskins got fired so that isn't an excuse and I agree, he was in a perfect situation he just isn't any good
I’m not defending him in the slightest. He’s been bad and has been immature off the field.

But on what planet is Washington the perfect situation? It’s FAR from perfect. Haskins hasn’t been good and he is doing himself no favors but that situation sucks.

Maybe not perfect but it was a good situation.  A team with a good defense, good run game with Gibson, a true number 1 with McLaurin,  decent oline, good coach.  They need a TE and another WR opposite Terry but they have a lot of pieces and not a lot of holes to take the next step if they had a QB.  How does that situation suck?  A lot better situation than most rookies get put in.

(12-28-2020, 02:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I whiffed on Haskins big time.

Didn’t see the off the field stuff coming at all.

Me too I was banging the table for us to draft him.
No Fun

(12-30-2020, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m not defending him in the slightest. He’s been bad and has been immature off the field.

Maybe not perfect but it was a good situation.  A team with a good defense, good run game with Gibson, a true number 1 with McLaurin,  decent oline, good coach.  They need a TE and another WR opposite Terry but they have a lot of pieces and not a lot of holes to take the next step if they had a QB.  How does that situation suck?  A lot better situation than most rookies get put in.
I didn’t say it “sucked” but it’s not perfect by any means.

They’ve been going through a complete name change, a new HC and OC, no offseason, a HC who doesn’t want him..... it’s not perfect.

Haskins no doubt needs to be MUCH better and more mature but the situation isn’t perfect.

His agent cut him loose today.

(12-30-2020, 06:11 PM)newporttom Wrote: His agent cut him loose today.

That's always a positive sign.   Confused
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 07:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-30-2020, 05:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:   Maybe not perfect but it was a good situation.  A team with a good defense, good run game with Gibson, a true number 1 with McLaurin,  decent oline, good coach.  They need a TE and another WR opposite Terry but they have a lot of pieces and not a lot of holes to take the next step if they had a QB.  How does that situation suck?  A lot better situation than most rookies get put in.
I didn’t say it “sucked” but it’s not perfect by any means.

They’ve been going through a complete name change, a new HC and OC, no offseason, a HC who doesn’t want him..... it’s not perfect.

Haskins no doubt needs to be MUCH better and more mature but the situation isn’t perfect.

Yeah, it was a good situation imo., not perfect.  Its rare a rookie gets drafted into a perfect situation like Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Mahomes did.  I dont think the name change had any affect on how the players though.  It was no offseason but look how great Herbert and Burrow done as rookies

(12-30-2020, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I didn’t say it “sucked” but it’s not perfect by any means.

Yeah, it was a good situation imo., not perfect.  Its rare a rookie gets drafted into a perfect situation like Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Mahomes did.  I dont think the name change had any affect on how the players though.  It was no offseason but look how great Herbert and Burrow done as rookies
The name change adds to the noise surrounding the team. He also probably heard that Gruden didn’t want him and Rivera didn’t like him either. For some, that would add fuel to the fire and strive to be better. For others (maybe Haskins) it shut them down.

Herbert was incredible. No doubt. Helps when you have Hunter Henry, Mike Williams and Keenan Allen.

Burrow has a great offensive minded HC, Boyd, AJ Green and Higgins. Mixon when healthy as well. Burrow is also the #1 pick for a reason and a baller.

I’m not saying Haskins is innocent by any means but he didn’t have a lot to work with AND he was super immature. 

Still young so maybe he can turn it around but he needs to do some serious work before then or he will be out of the league for good.

Dwayne has just signed with the Steelers:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1352331643961417733