Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Request: Change "The Other Pro Football Leagues" to "2021 NFL Draft"

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 10:58 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Just a suggestion.  "The Other Pro Football Leagues" section is pretty dead.  Personally, I think we need to rename that section "2021 NFL Draft" and move it just below "The Home Team" section since it will likely be the #2 topic of interest in the upcoming 6 months.

Thanks !!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Under consideration.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I like this idea as well, though maybe just NFL Draft since we talk about it all year long.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The consensus was that draft talk should be in the college forum or the main forum after the season and leading up to the draft.

So the consensus is to leave up a forum that hasn't had a post in 4 months instead of making it something useful.

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It might be worth renaming "The Other Pro Football Leagues", I'm just saying that draft discussion is more appropriate to the main football forum or the college forum.

(01-04-2021, 09:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote: It might be worth renaming "The Other Pro Football Leagues", I'm just saying that draft discussion is more appropriate to the main football forum or the college forum.

I got it, though I don't agree. The Draft is neither Jaguars Football nor College Football, it exists on it's own between them, and folks who talk draft in the Jaguars forum often find their posts moved to the College Football forum even though the player they are discussing is no longer in college. Anyway, I said my piece.

(01-04-2021, 03:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 09:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote: It might be worth renaming "The Other Pro Football Leagues", I'm just saying that draft discussion is more appropriate to the main football forum or the college forum.

I got it, though I don't agree. The Draft is neither Jaguars Football nor College Football, it exists on it's own between them, and folks who talk draft in the Jaguars forum often find their posts moved to the College Football forum even though the player they are discussing is no longer in college. Anyway, I said my piece.

I hear ya. The rationale was that the draft is only really under discussion between the end of the season and draft weekend. In the meantime, during that period you shouldn't see many draft / personnel related posts moved.