Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dawn Wells, best known as Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, dies at 82

Dawn Wells, best known as Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, dies at 82 of COVID-19 complications
  • Her publicist Harlan Boll announced that the actress had died in Los Angeles on Wednesday morning 
  • She starred as the wholesome farm-girl from Winfield, Kansas on the iconic show throughout its storied 98-episode run from 1964 to 1967 
  • She also returned to her signature role for several TV movies and spin-off series
  • Other than Tina Louise - who played Hollywood movie star Ginger Grant - Wells was the last surviving member of the cast of the legendary series
  •  The series created by Sherwood Schwartz followed the comic adventures of seven castaways that attempted to survive on an island after being shipwrecked
  • Wells had beat out 350 actresses for the role of Mary Ann Summers
  • Before that she was crowned Miss Nevada in 1959 and went on to represent the Silver State at the 1960 Miss America Pageant in Atlantic City, New Jersey
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar..._BVTmNWepo
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

RIP
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wow, 82 years old. Time flies.

She was always the correct answer.

The ultimate"girl next door". RIP
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

She made what was a throw-away role into an iconic name describing a girl with the qualities that can only be "Mary Ann". She was one of the better interviews on Youtube.

Possibly the most recognizable face killed by COVID. RIP Dawn.

RIP, Dawn.

Sad news. I was a big fan of that show when I was a little kid. Mary Ann was an iconic character. R.I.P.

Sad.. She was just at The Alahambra in Jax a few years ago..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

RIP to the ultimate girl next door.

The irony that the one person that hated being on the show, wanted out and did not participate in any of the shows after Gilligan’s Island was cancelled is the sole survivor.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-30-2020, 05:37 PM)Jags Wrote: She was always the correct answer.

You're dating yourself, but yes and it wasn't even close.  If you've gotta' be shipwrecked on a deserted island....

[Image: 02-Dawn-Wells.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 09:10 AM by Jags.)

(12-31-2020, 08:59 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:37 PM)Jags Wrote: She was always the correct answer.

You're dating yourself, but yes and it wasn't even close.  If you've gotta' be shipwrecked on a deserted island....

[Image: 02-Dawn-Wells.jpg]
Still hot even in today’s standards! Imagine if we had HD or 4K back then!!! I’m not dating myself.  I wasn’t around when it first aired.  But as a kid in the 80’s they played constant re-runs and I loved the show. I must’ve not even been in school yet, but always wondered then why the show made Ginger out to be the “beautiful” one.  Then hearing the Mary Ann or Ginger questions a tad later in life, it “Well...Dawned” on me, I wasn’t the only one that thought that.