Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 7th round draft

(01-04-2021, 12:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 12:24 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Really? you don't wanna talk about how he is a HoF already because he will be a Jag? and how he has a WR as fast as Tyrek Hill in Schenault, a superstar in Collin Johnson, a Pro bowl TE in Oliver etc? weird.

I didn’t say Shenault was as fast as Hill. I said as explosive as Hill. 

Of course Hill has Mahommes throwing him the pill instead of Glennon. 

I also said Johnson would be a nice redzone target. And I said Oliver is going to be a good TE if fans will give him a chance.

Wait...is that IhauntingRaven, my bad bro. They all gonna be cut. None of them will be worth a crap. 

And yes I would like for Trevor Lawrence to officially declare before I talk about him being in the Hall Of Fame.

Again, I've never posted anything close to that, you are insinuating I do, or you don't even realize that?

You said Johnson could be a superstar if he wanted to LOL.
Same crap about Schenault, he is not even close to being as explosive as Hill, in fact he is not even the most explosive WR in this team.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have a hard time entertaining drafts that in no way address the teams’ complete inability to stop the run.

(01-04-2021, 01:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have a hard time entertaining drafts that in no way address the teams’ complete inability to stop the run.

Mocks are kind of just throwing mud against a wall until after free agency.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-04-2021, 02:41 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 01:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have a hard time entertaining drafts that in no way address the teams’ complete inability to stop the run.

Mocks are kind of just throwing mud against a wall until after free agency.

Yeah, I get it. 

Still, if you're gonna take the time to mock players to a team...  why not consider that they gave up 2500 yards on the ground and nearly 5 YPC?

(01-04-2021, 12:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 02:41 AM)Dimson Wrote: Mocks are kind of just throwing mud against a wall until after free agency.

Yeah, I get it. 

Still, if you're gonna take the time to mock players to a team...  why not consider that they gave up 2500 yards on the ground and nearly 5 YPC?

Realistically though... how many rookies in the 2021 draft are gonna come in and make much of an impact there? We drafted Hamilton last year to help shore up the interior DL so we just have to hope he takes another step. I think we should probably draft a 3T within the first 3 or 4 picks that could help... but outside of that? Scho is probably locked in at MLB for another year due to his contract... Also we have to consider some of our opt out FAs coming in next year to hopefully help... Maybe drafting a new SS that can play in the box?

I think we're going to need to dip into free agency for a player or two to be able to make more of an immediate impact.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2021, 01:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Probably counting on Woods and Gunter to be back along with Hamilton

I still think we draft a 3 tech though if the value is there though
I dont want to reach for any position though just to fill a need

Barmore has been getting serious love as a Chris Jones clone. Would probably have him as one of my favorite candidates for the Rams pick if Darrisaw is gone.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2021, 04:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-04-2021, 01:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Agreed. I thought Hamilton did a good job when he was starting. When he got hurt though, the run defense went to hell. We still need a pass rushing 3 technique to play next to him though. There is enough quality 3 techniques in this draft that we should find one.

(01-04-2021, 02:06 PM)Upper Wrote:

Barmore has been getting serious love as a Chris Jones clone. Would probably have him as one of my favorite candidates for the Rams pick if Darrisaw is gone.

I'm waiting to see if Barmore declares.

My understandng is that Gunter will not return due to significant health risks. Woods would be a good rotational player and I hope he returns.

Who is counting on that? We don't even have a GM yet. 

Counting on rotational stop-gap players is not how I'd like to address such a glaring and detrimental problem.

1. We don't know who the DC will be and what philosophy they will want.
2. Gunter retired. He won't come back due to health risk.
3. Woods is a 33 yo journeyman. No clue what he would bring and how much he can play.

It is a need that will need to be addressed, but the best option may be a FA that is cut due to other's teams cap situations.

You can’t fix it all in one draft and we do has a ace load of money to spend in free agency. Take the best available players within reason sign some solid players in free agency, I doubt we go from 1-15 to Playoffs in one season, would love to see it, but this roster needs a lot of work.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 09:42 PM by Eric1.)

This is a fun thread to come back to and read the first 2 pages Laughing

flgators with the hot takes as usual lolol